Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
with all due respect, I find it hard to imagine anyone cares what you choose believe or not.
You believe the Nazis, too, bc they made pretty posters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You believe the Nazis, too, bc they made pretty posters?
that's a fairly labored analogy. assuming you know what an analogy is.

you're comparing fox news and the rest of the media (who are reporting this story about another ISIS brutal method of killing - like the nazi's) to Nazi propaganda? https://www.google.com/search?q=isis...+boils&tbm=nws

don't try so hard so hard next time

Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I have no reason to believe these stories.

Just because you have no reason to believe these stories..........doesn't mean things like this can't happen. You can check the links below, and if you have the stomach, google "Unit 731". What ISIS does has all been done before......

Japanese ate Indian PoWs, used them as live targets in WWII - Times of India

Unmasking Horror -- A special report. - Japan Confronting Gruesome War Atrocity - NYTimes.com

Old 07-07-2016, 06:59 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Yes, I know. Some of my ancestors were cannibals, allegedly..

http://www.academia.edu/5099231/Iroq...ct_Not_Fiction

Old 07-07-2016, 07:06 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There's not one damn thing wrong with saying that you think a story is b******t when it clearly stretches credulity.

Your story stretches the hell outta credulity and THEN some.

Frankly, I don't believe it either, and neither should anyone with good sense. It's ridiculous.

They could just put a bullet in their heads and be done with it. And who in the hell witnessed such a thing and reported it to the media in the first place?

You guys will believe anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All stories about ISIS should basically be immediately ignored and forgotten. How in the hell would Fox know anything?

Answer: they don't. They're getting these dumb stories from some idiot in the Middle East or some lame news aggregator.

Fox just wants to provide a pretext to get us in a ground war with ISIS.
Time to start selling tickets to the ice skating rink in hell, I get to agree with you again. Most of the stories and "claims by ISIS" I don't believe, either. I think ISIS is 99% propaganda machine and 1% activity.

We should secure our borders, vet anyone who comes in to this country - actually vet them - and I do not deny that attacks will happen, but this non stop coverage for these goons is enough. How about we stop talking about every last tiny thing they claim to have done - we get it, they're terrorists and hate everyone - okay, so be vigilant, the authorities should continue to do their job to try to stop them, but the media and the rest of us need to stop giving them so much attention.

Trump is not the only one who knows how to play the media and get free publicity...but stupid people keep allowing it all to happen.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Time to start selling tickets to the ice skating rink in hell, I get to agree with you again. Most of the stories and "claims by ISIS" I don't believe, either. I think ISIS is 99% propaganda machine and 1% activity.

We should secure our borders, vet anyone who comes in to this country - actually vet them - and I do not deny that attacks will happen, but this non stop coverage for these goons is enough. How about we stop talking about every last tiny thing they claim to have done - we get it, they're terrorists and hate everyone - okay, so be vigilant, the authorities should continue to do their job to try to stop them, but the media and the rest of us need to stop giving them so much attention.

Trump is not the only one who knows how to play the media and get free publicity...but stupid people keep allowing it all to happen.
The United States has defined itself by its enemies, real and perceived (mostly perceived), for so long that we'll believe almost anything to manufactur new ones. It's effin sad.

Yeah, ISIS, busy as hell trying to fight on a million fronts, is gonna throw a bunch of dudes in a cauldron and boil them to death when a bullet in the head will suffice.

This practice of dehumanizing your enemy in order to convince people that they're animals regardless of how righteous their cause might be is something Americans have been warned about for years.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
ISIS most certainly could be boiling people. Yeah, a bullet is quicker, but being boiled alive has much more of a PR message behind it. Why do you think that they saw people's head off, because that is a bit of work. The cutting off of a human's head takes a bit of work, I don't want to get to much into the gory details of it.

Why not just use a bullet instead?? The cutting off of a human's head and filming it is especially designed to instill absolute terror. A long time ago when a reporter was killed, they played the audio of it on the radio and it was just horrifying. I still think about it years later

Why do you think guys like Genghis Kahn would put a hundred men's heads stakes and plant them all over a village he overran, because that stuff will instill absolute fear into people.

This stuff is psychology 101.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,376 times
Hmm... nice soup for ISIS initiation.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
ISIS most certainly could be boiling people. Yeah, a bullet is quicker, but being boiled alive has much more of a PR message behind it. Why do you think that they saw people's head off, because that is a bit of work. The cutting off of a human's head takes a bit of work, I don't want to get to much into the gory details of it.

Why not just use a bullet instead?? The cutting off of a human's head and filming it is especially designed to instill absolute terror. A long time ago when a reporter was killed, they played the audio of it on the radio and it was just horrifying. I still think about it years later

Why do you think guys like Genghis Kahn would put a hundred men's heads stakes and plant them all over a village he overran, because that stuff will instill absolute fear into people.

This stuff is psychology 101.
I don't know. It just comes off as nonsensical to me.

I stopped believing ISIS stories a long time ago.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:26 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Default Back to the thread....

Apparently the ISIS soldiers killed were Dutch.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...-in-Syria.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies