Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You said the same thing I did.
I WASN'T ARGUING WITH YOU TO BEGIN WITH. So why are you harping on this? It seems like you're just trying to argue. If we are in agreement on a point - or on the whole issue - why argue what we agree on???? Sheeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 11:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That poster was just being more specific than you are.

Being pulled over, being detained, questioned, ect is not "tyranny" and does not justify physical noncompliance.

Problem is, too many people think they are being "dissed" and start the encounter off being asses to the police. Then they want to "negotiate" with the cops and when that inevitably fails, they get desperate and get physical.
Thank you - and I'd also like to point out that I did not say I disagreed with this particular poster. My post was not an attempt to argue or debate a point with this particular poster.

I guess I just wasn't inflammatory enough to suit him. Oh well. (Shrug)

Old 07-10-2016, 12:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One could say the same about those who support Hillary and Obama, who support BLM! I much rather said with the Bundys than BLM any day!
I support BLM but I do not support either Hillary or Obama. How's that?

Quote:
Why does Bundy deserve our sympathy? To begin with, his family has been ranching on the acres at issue since the late 19th century. They and other settlers were induced to come to Nevada in part by the federal government’s promise that they would be able to graze their cattle on adjacent government-owned land. For many years they did so, with no limitations or fees. The Bundy family was ranching in southern Nevada long before the BLM came into existence.

Most fail to know the Bundys are generations of Mormons, that the government has tried to kill since the 19th century.

Stop whining about blacklivesmatter, when all lives matter!
I supported Bundy also. What's up with you supporting rights in only certain instances? Are you perhaps putting your perceived politics above everything else?

Old 07-10-2016, 12:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
But they won't. They believe it's their right to challenge unlawful acts from LE that violate their basic rights. They believe that they don't need to comply, bow their heads, kowtow to authority figures just to make those agents feel comfortable.

But they damn sure believe YOU should bc you don't deserve those rights. You don't deserve that freedom to defend yourself and demand fair and equal treatment. That type of America is for them, not you.

How else do you explain their vigilance against tyranny and oppressive govt, yet circling the wagons around cops who shoot children, unarmed citizens, and the elderly for not doing exactly what they were told? Isn't that last bit a hallmark of tyranny -- authorities demanding obedience or death?

It's okay. They know what their intention is. It isn't to help you survive the next encounter. It isn't to build up relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve. It's too remind you that the America you want is not for you to enjoy and prosper. It's for them. Your America isn't about freedom, justice, equality. Those things are for them. You just make sure you do what you're told and comply, if you want to survive.
Buy more guns legally!

A armed Citizenry keeps a over bearing Gov. in check. We have the right to self defense.

I surely do not wish to have a police state either.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:24 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
One could say the same about those who support Hillary and Obama, who support BLM! I much rather said with the Bundys than BLM any day!

Why does Bundy deserve our sympathy? To begin with, his family has been ranching on the acres at issue since the late 19th century. They and other settlers were induced to come to Nevada in part by the federal government’s promise that they would be able to graze their cattle on adjacent government-owned land. For many years they did so, with no limitations or fees. The Bundy family was ranching in southern Nevada long before the BLM came into existence.

Most fail to know the Bundys are generations of Mormons, that the government has tried to kill since the 19th century.

Stop whining about blacklivesmatter, when all lives matter!

Having , personally and.firsthand, experienced the corruption of BLM ,and the backroom greasing of palms and the power plays I.volving "public" lands, ^^^^this, strikes a chord. Leftists are all to willing to pass their judgments onto people like Cliven Bundy, and sing the praises of the government. Bear in mind this is the same bunch that backed the feds at Waco and Ruby Ridge. Comply or die. Unless you're being noncooperative in the name of some leftist cause. Like blacklivesmatter or maybe some animal rights or environmental cause.

There is an alarming trend with LE, to act well over limits of their authority. Thank you ,ever so much, Patriot Act. Interestingly, the latter is a bone that leftists love to pick and point fingers over, whilst telling us that police authority should be absolute. To quote Mr. Spock....fascinating.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:26 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
[quote]
Quote:
I support BLM but I do not support either Hillary or Obama. How's that?
Good for you! None of these people condemned those who killed Jessica Chambers.

Quote:
I supported Bundy also. What's up with you supporting rights in only certain instances? Are you perhaps putting your perceived politics above everything else?
If you read the post I was responding to you would have got it......get it! I don't support any groups that hide behind a name, while others are doing their dirty work. This group has not called out those causing terrorism in America.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:

If you read the post I was responding to you would have got it......get it! I don't support any groups that hide behind a name, while others are doing their dirty work. This group has not called out those causing terrorism in America.
I don't know that they have to.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Having , personally and.firsthand, experienced the corruption of BLM ,and the backroom greasing of palms and the power plays I.volving "public" lands, ^^^^this, strikes a chord. Leftists are all to willing to pass their judgments onto people like Cliven Bundy, and sing the praises of the government. Bear in mind this is the same bunch that backed the feds at Waco and Ruby Ridge. Comply or die. Unless you're being noncooperative in the name of some leftist cause. Like blacklivesmatter or maybe some animal rights or environmental cause.

There is an alarming trend with LE, to act well over limits of their authority. Thank you ,ever so much, Patriot Act. Interestingly, the latter is a bone that leftists love to pick and point fingers over, whilst telling us that police authority should be absolute. To quote Mr. Spock....fascinating.
I completely agree with you! I have seen public land that once was public and now its not even accessible. Yes, when people cry out only blacks get mistreated they fail to see that white people are ambushed while on their property, while going about their daily lives.

Ruby Ridge is a fine example of a family that did no wrong. Yet the people who claim they brought it on themselves, have no clue about the setup. Or the death of a woman and child, one shot in the head while holding her child, the boy shot in the back, while running for help. Where was the rioting.......there was none! Same as LaVoy white people didn't riot, although, many where mad enough to do so.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know that they have to.
Ummm, but they are calling for ALL whites to understand them. Does it go the same way, do we have to?

Little hard to stick up for men who are known to have rap sheets a mile long. Like I tell young people if you don't want the cops following you don't give them reason. None of these people that have been shot were without criminal records........so just who needs to walk a straight line and stop blaming whites for their own misunderstandings of the law.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:52 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
We better learn to respect each other's before we all our Faces turn grey. More guns more fear more anger will lead to more death . Stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies