Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:29 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times

Advertisements

In the last few years we've seen the militarization of the police force. Many police departments are being federally funded, and the police themselves seem to have a different set of rights. Police are murdering people on camera blatantly and getting away with it. They're murdering kids and getting away with it. And now the whole catchphrase is "comply or die". How is this any different than the USSR or Nazi Germany? Tell me what is keeping America from becoming a police state at any point? This is a serious question, because I can't objectively look at the current state of the USA, our treatment of police issues, and not think that we're heading head first to full totalitarianism.

As an aside, if the USA becomes a police state, it won't survive. It may exist for a few years, but due to the tech we have now days, it will collapse in a few short years. However I feel Obama has done quite a bit to usher in a police state. Maybe it's a last stand from bankers and the FED, as they're losing their ability to control the markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 10:37 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
The Central Banking Families have nothing to fear from any government or any people. They are literally omnipotent because of their control of the world's fiat currencies, they are the .00000000000000000001% that own virtually everything and enslave all humanity forever.

Now as to the silly puppet government that we live under and the drooling masses here. Yeah, the tyrants in government and their lapdog media that are always peddling discord among the droolers to justify taking away more and more freedom at every opportunity want any excuse to beat the people down more. They may well be looking to push everyone over the edge so that they can come in and "help" us with the heel of their boot. We'll find out if the people are really as stupid as they always appear to be in time...

The idiocy of black vs white never ceases to amaze me. We are all victims of government. They are the enemy, not each other...

Old 07-09-2016, 10:45 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
It is a police state now. That's real, not hyperbole. It's what leftist Big Government buys with unlimited progressive resources.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:46 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
In the last few years we've seen the militarization of the police force. Many police departments are being federally funded, and the police themselves seem to have a different set of rights. Police are murdering people on camera blatantly and getting away with it. They're murdering kids and getting away with it. And now the whole catchphrase is "comply or die". How is this any different than the USSR or Nazi Germany? Tell me what is keeping America from becoming a police state at any point? This is a serious question, because I can't objectively look at the current state of the USA, our treatment of police issues, and not think that we're heading head first to full totalitarianism.

As an aside, if the USA becomes a police state, it won't survive. It may exist for a few years, but due to the tech we have now days, it will collapse in a few short years. However I feel Obama has done quite a bit to usher in a police state. Maybe it's a last stand from bankers and the FED, as they're losing their ability to control the markets.
According to Wikipedia, there is over 1,200,000 police officers in the United States for a population of almost 320,000,000. Someone mentioned on another thread that so far the police have shot 600 people this year. That means that 99% of police have not shot anyone this year. And so your comparing that to Nazi Germany?!?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The Central Banking Families have nothing to fear from any government or any people. They are literally omnipotent because of their control of the world's fiat currencies, they are the .00000000000000000001% that own virtually everything and enslave all humanity forever.
Cryptocurrencies is cutting into that. Bitcoin has a market cap of about 10 billion, and the total market cap of crypos is less than 20 billion. But it's growing, and as more fiats collapse its going up. Plus now there are ways to use crypto to purchase precise metals, which central banks can't control. So their ability to control money is slipping away.

Quote:
Now as to the silly puppet government that we live under and the drooling masses here. Yeah, the tyrants in government and their lapdog media that are always peddling discord among the droolers to justify taking away more and more freedom at every opportunity want any excuse to beat the people down more. They may well be looking to push everyone over the edge so that they can come in and "help" us with the heel of their boot. We'll find out if the people are really as stupid as they always appear to be in time...

The idiocy of black vs white never ceases to amaze me. We are all victims of government. They are the enemy, not each other...

Government has always used race to divide and conquer. There is some very interesting history concerning blacks and whites in the south, and how the government expanded the "definition of whiteness" to include poor whites and prevent them from aligning with blacks. This is a history the media has tried to keep Americans ignorant of.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
According to Wikipedia, there is over 1,200,000 police officers in the United States for a population of almost 320,000,000. Someone mentioned on another thread that so far the police have shot 600 people this year. That means that 99% of police have not shot anyone this year. And so your comparing that to Nazi Germany?!?
I don't think what makes a state a police state is how many people are murdered. It's the fact that people feel that the government murdering citizens is acceptable at all.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:03 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I don't think what makes a state a police state is how many people are murdered. It's the fact that people feel that the government murdering citizens is acceptable at all.
Hah, very cute. It is IMPOSSIBLE to not have mistakes by the police in a nation as large, diverse and complex as the United States. In a nation with a crime rate such as ours and weapons readily available some police officers are going to get nervous and make mistakes. And there are always going to be a few cops that go postal, just like any other group.

This is not some perfect utopia that will never exist, this is reality.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:09 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,493 times
Never stops makin me laugh whenever people try to compare anything to Hitler and the Nazis....or Stalinist Russia....

Old 07-09-2016, 11:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I'm more worried about us becoming an anarchy. And in many inner cities, that's almost the case.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Hah, very cute. It is IMPOSSIBLE to not have mistakes by the police in a nation as large, diverse and complex as the United States. In a nation with a crime rate such as ours and weapons readily available some police officers are going to get nervous and make mistakes. And there are always going to be a few cops that go postal, just like any other group.

This is not some perfect utopia that will never exist, this is reality.

I do not want a perfect utopia. I understand that mistakes will happen. But when mistakes happen they should be criticized. What is happening now in the media, is that they're trying to say that "in some cases, police mistakes is acceptable, and shouldn't be criticized at all". Or another issue is that police mistakes never really have any real reprecussions. Such as when people say "well the police officer did murder a thug". you're basically saying, in some circumstances it's ok for police to make mistake as long as they're murdering a certain TYPE of person.

See when you feel at any point the government murdering it's own citizens is ever acceptable, you are basically making a statement of "it's ok for the government to overstep its authority, as long as they're murdering people I do not like". So this means that you're willing to forgo all accountability by the state based on something arbitrary. All the government has to do is keep widening the parameters of "acceptable people to murder", and as long as the public agrees with it, then it's a problem. Eventually you end up with a police state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies