Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:13 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Never stops makin me laugh whenever people try to compare anything to Hitler and the Nazis....or Stalinist Russia....
Then tell me how we're any different right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm more worried about us becoming an anarchy. And in many inner cities, that's almost the case.
And if inner cities became anarchy, how does this actually impact you? Do you live in the inner city? So at worse a very specific population goes into a state of anarchy. But the police gain absolute power, that impacts anyone, no matter where you live, and that's ok and really nothing to be afraid of? I don't get your logic

Old 07-09-2016, 11:18 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
The U.S. has been a police state for decades. We imprison more people per capita and in sheer numbers than any other country on earth... and this has been true for quite some time.

Land of the Free!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
It already has.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:36 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Then tell me how we're any different right now?
oh Gee well I dunno, are thousands of your fellow countrymen disappearing without notice? put into camps? If you say somethin bad about Obama will you be arrested/tortured/killed? have the Unions been dissolved? all parties except for one dissolved? does Obama have all power invested into him? (and if he does, why are we botherin with an election? certainly he can just proclaim himself President for life right? with the Police State to enforce this proclamation, and whatever else he wills, right?!) cause thats what Hitler and Stalin did.....If this was anything even remotely comparable to Nazi Germany, Obama would have the police indoctrinated as Democrats, and they wouldnt tolerate Republicans at all, even beatin them to death in the streets, and the GOP members would all be put in camps......same would of been done to Dems during the Bush years..........Go read some basic history books, clown....

Old 07-10-2016, 02:40 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
oh Gee well I dunno, are thousands of your fellow countrymen disappearing without notice? put into camps? If you say somethin bad about Obama will you be arrested/tortured/killed? have the Unions been dissolved? all parties except for one dissolved? does Obama have all power invested into him? (and if he does, why are we botherin with an election? certainly he can just proclaim himself President for life right? with the Police State to enforce this proclamation, and whatever else he wills, right?!) cause thats what Hitler and Stalin did.....If this was anything even remotely comparable to Nazi Germany, Obama would have the police indoctrinated as Democrats, and they wouldnt tolerate Republicans at all, even beatin them to death in the streets, and the GOP members would all be put in camps......same would of been done to Dems during the Bush years..........Go read some basic history books, clown....
To be fair, I'm not remotely concerned with Obama. And honestly, that isn't really how dictatorships work.

As a general-rule, governments don't care about you, unless they consider you a "danger to the state" or an "enemy of the state".

Governments don't care about "freedom", and they never have. You are only free to do things which benefit the state. Basically, you are only free to do good. Or at least, you aren't free to do anything which opposes the interests of the state.

Hitler and Stalin were just doing what was in the interests of the state. And Obama, or any other stooge in his position, will do whatever protects and furthers the interests of the state.

If this country began to collapse into anarchy/lawlessness/violence, the government would answer with martial-law(IE a police state). And it would stay in effect until order returned. Period.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-10-2016, 03:23 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
if the police are here to 'protect and serve' how come every time i have an officer in the car behind me on the road, i feel much more nervous than 'safe'?

AND, i'm WHITE.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:14 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
if the police are here to 'protect and serve' how come every time i have an officer in the car behind me on the road, i feel much more nervous than 'safe'?

AND, i'm WHITE.
Sounds like it is you who has the problem. What reason would you have to be nervous? They are simply doing their job.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:21 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And if inner cities became anarchy, how does this actually impact you? Do you live in the inner city? So at worse a very specific population goes into a state of anarchy. But the police gain absolute power, that impacts anyone, no matter where you live, and that's ok and really nothing to be afraid of? I don't get your logic
Because inner cities don't have walls around them. And because I live near one. And because the people that live in inner cities are moving out to the suburbs (Furgeson, MO).

Old 07-10-2016, 06:26 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
The failure of the GOP to pass the AWB has created the environment we are witnessing today (only took about 6 years put showing up now). The NRA and its more guns leads to less death is insane. The NRA lobbyists are now showing their worth as the nations police departments have to improve their weapon inventory to protect us all from the nuts.
The GOP and its policy of getting rid of regulation only hurts the entire nation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies