Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yes - - the incredible danger of Castile driving without a muffler and not having proper insurance! What a threat to society! So bad that an elementary school employed him for fourteen years.
I'm not talking about Castile!!!!!!

And if you wish to sway from the subject, and give eyerolls, what about all those 11 police, what did they do to anyone, 5 of which were dead.

And what about those 3 kids that were shot last night in Philly coming out of a basketball court?

Lets talk about those and roll our eyes....and take this conversation to a whole other level....
Black on black crime.

Do you know, there are less blacks shot by officers, then whites?

Now believe me, I know the fear is there, b/c a friend of mine is black and she's seen it, however, on another level, she says, and I agree, if you don't want to be a target, don't make yourself one.....

and oh, by the way, our beloved, dirty News Media, is, of course, making both these guys out to be good lil angels, turns out, they weren't so good, which isn't surprising....just goes to show you, how the Media twists the truth for agendas

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-12-2016 at 06:44 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 06:40 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
[quote=Sugah Ray;44709439]The media has never been impartial. I'm surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Go ahead and let the Orange man win the election. Because neo-nazis are much better than some people who don't think every single cop is a hero.

Look I feel bad for the cops that died and I think the shooter is a scumbag no different than Dylan Roof. No one deserves to die like that. Not those policemen, not those poor churchgoers.

After the shooting in SC no one was asking for people to make black churchgoers heroes so why are people expecting everyone to treat the police like saints? they don't work for free, they get paid a good salary. Many professions are dangerous too and no one is asking anyone to make them heroes just because they had a tragic death.

If people feel like flying the French or rainbow flag on Facebook that's their call. I thought the French flag thing was kind of stupid but that's my opinion. No one was flying the Tunisian flag or Kenyan flag when ISIS attacked those countries. It's cool have the French flag in your profile but the Tunisian or Turkish flag? Not so much.[/QUOT

Yes , many jobs are dangerous including my own.

However it does not entail and last under very extreme circumstances to put my life in danger to protect that of another.

Yes they are called to play the part of a hero from time to time.
This was one of those times.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 AM

[quote=bluesjuke;44728490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The media has never been impartial. I'm surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Go ahead and let the Orange man win the election. Because neo-nazis are much better than some people who don't think every single cop is a hero.

Look I feel bad for the cops that died and I think the shooter is a scumbag no different than Dylan Roof. No one deserves to die like that. Not those policemen, not those poor churchgoers.

After the shooting in SC no one was asking for people to make black churchgoers heroes so why are people expecting everyone to treat the police like saints? they don't work for free, they get paid a good salary. Many professions are dangerous too and no one is asking anyone to make them heroes just because they had a tragic death.

If people feel like flying the French or rainbow flag on Facebook that's their call. I thought the French flag thing was kind of stupid but that's my opinion. No one was flying the Tunisian flag or Kenyan flag when ISIS attacked those countries. It's cool have the French flag in your profile but the Tunisian or Turkish flag? Not so much.[/QUOT

Yes , many jobs are dangerous including my own.

However it does not entail and last under very extreme circumstances to put my life in danger to protect that of another.

Yes they are called to play the part of a hero from time to time.
This was one of those times.
Oh, yeah, cops get paid a good salary....my son's a cop, and you are sorely misinformed about that....I make more then my son does. The only forces that pay good salaries are on the West Coast and Philly.

You people are sorely misinformed....and yes, I want Trump to win, and I am not a neo-nazi, if you knew anything you wouldn't be making such a ridiculous comment.

And people like you vote?

you don't feel anything for those cops, their families and their kids....or you wouldn't make such off the scale comments....name calling? how old are you?

your buying into a cause, that's all....a cause....and BTW, have you heard all the stuff coming out now about both the boys (men) who were shot....

the cops knew these men, by first name...they knew what kind of trouble and prior arrests they had...but the media paints them as good boys, to rile the people up for votes.....

and then Hillary makes a bogus comment, like, "oh, we want to make certain, police know, just what their job is". Yeah Hillary, you know all about the stringent training cops go thru...she is such a blow hard looking for more votes".

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-12-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 06:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I've voted Democrat in the last 3 elections but after what I've seen the last two days I will never vote Democrat again
If you have a vote, you can use it any way you want

Old 07-12-2016, 07:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
He was resisting arrest, he had an illegal gun, he was literally fighting with the officers...they got him to the ground and he was still fighting them.....

you think! You are not a cop! And the cops knew both of those men, very well, due to their long rap sheet.....
I saw the video. He was on the ground subdued when the officers shot him.

I am not a cop, but that particular department has a history of being overly aggressive with the public. Even other police departments after Hurricane Katrina complained about Baton Rouge officers when they were in Louisiana helping in the aftermath of the storm. Maybe you will believe it from other cops. Source - from the source:

Quote:
Many law enforcement officials came to Louisiana immediately after Hurricane Katrina to provide reinforcements, and one state trooper from Michigan said Baton Rouge police attempted to thank him for his help by letting him "beat down" a prisoner. A trooper from New Mexico wrote a letter to the Baton Rouge police expressing the concerns of seven New Mexico troopers and five Michigan troopers that Baton Rouge police were engaging in racially motivated enforcement, that they were physically abusing prisoners and the public and that they were stopping, questioning and searching people without any legal justification.

But the bad reports aren't confined to the time around Hurricane Katrina. In 2014, a 15-year-veteran of the force resigned after a series of racist text messages were attributed to him. Michael Elsbury, who routinely patrolled an area around Southern University, resigned as the department was looking into text messages that called black people monkeys (and worse) and expressed pleasure "in arresting those thugs with their saggy pants."
In April 2016 we saw a video of a 22-year veteran of the Baton Rouge force repeatedly punching a teenager in the back of the head as other officers held the teenager on the ground.

So let's not look at Sterling's death as an isolated incident.
It is odd IMO that due to your own association with police that you will so easily dismiss even police descriptions of officers in this department as "bad cops."

I don't have a negative view of all police officers, but some departments do have a negative culture about them and are more prone to overlooking or having a lot of officers who commit bad policing behavior. I would think that you, as a supporter of our police officers would also support the removal of these bad elements in policing and especially not to take up for bad officers who kill or assault people. Even with Alton Sterling's minor record, he was not a violent criminal. IMO these officers, both of whom also have a history of complaints against them, were more violent than he was.

Quote:

Oh, yeah, cops get paid a good salary....my son's a cop, and you are sorely misinformed about that....I make more then my son does. The only forces that pay good salaries are on the West Coast and Philly.

You people are sorely misinformed....and yes, I want Trump to win, and I am not a neo-nazi, if you knew anything you wouldn't be making such a ridiculous comment.

And people like you vote?

you don't feel anything for those cops, their families and their kids....or you wouldn't make such off the scale comments....name calling? how old are you?
On the pay of cops, I agree it depends on where they live. I just read in GA they start their state troopers off at only $35k, which is ridiculous to me as any law enforcement job, dealing with the public is dangerous and stressful and I do think they should have a higher salary across the country. Luckily where I live, we actually have a decent salary for cops, though I do think they deserve more than they get. Our state troopers start at around $50k with a lot of benefits and our local PD gets about $48K to start, more with experience or education and we have excellent benefits as well. But honestly, I think all police should start off at $60k minimum, more if they are in high cost of living areas, and should have at least an associates degree.

However, I don't want Trump to win and I don't think he will. I don't liken him to a neo-nazi, but he is representative of the worst of American prejudices in regards to his rhetoric.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You prefer to vote for the American living standards-reducing Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement that HRC, Obama, the Democratic Party, and Gary Johnson all say they support.
Such a key point!! People need to attention to this very important issue... all of these politicians are in favor of TPP, except Trump .. even the supposed libertarian, Johnson.

If one cannot find another single reason to support Trump, his stance on TPP is plenty enough reason all by itself.

TPP is one of those key issues that brought Trump to the table ... another Globalist nail in our coffin if it should gain passage. Just like all the others ... NAFTA, GATT, etc., TPP is a disastrous anti-American nightmare for US economic interests and another job killer.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
No, they really aren't. All polls show that college graduates are even more so voting for Democrats. Republicans have only won the presidency in modern times when they've carried white college graduates and every poll shows that Clinton is leading that demographic. Libertarians are going to have to make huge inroads before they become anything more than a talking point. And, once again, your vote in California is nothing being lost at all (and where you specifically live, not even the local elections will be affected).
The liberal bias of the media has reached absurd, outrageous levels in response to Trump's entrance into the race. And that includes the distorted/phony polls, and the subservient carrying of Hillary's water, in spite of her criminal conduct and lies, both current, and throughout her entire career.

Hopefully, the younger crowd will open their eyes wide enough to see how they are being propagandized and programmed at every level, and understand that they have MUCH MORE TO LOSE than the older crowd, should the country remain on its current course of looming economic disaster which has been brought about by leftwing policies of the establishment Democrats AND republicans.

Keep one damned thing in mind ... social issues will have no relevant place in any political debate when we are all unemployed and starving, and America reduced to third world status. ... which, btw, is the establishment's overall objective.

While I believe Sanders would be equally disastrous to our economic future, his surprising success against Clinton, aside the rigged system that has cheated his supporters, it shows just how weak Clinton is, in spite of the massive media and political machinary propping her up. His populist appeal runs along the same lines as does Trump's. Those among Sanders supporters who would accept such chicanery and bow to the crooked Democrats, really are lost causes. Though, a significant portion of Bernie fans WILL SWITCH to the next logical choice, because they UNDERSTAND now, the depth of corruption endemic of the "establishment" politicos, which transcends party affiliation.

This presidential race is no longer a contest between Democrat and Republican, and is now about "We the People" versus them (the Establishment).

And, the "Establishment" has never exposed itself as it has done over this past year. No longer can it hide itself, or pose as opposing sides as it has in decades past.

So don't continue to fall for this left-right okie doke from the establishment demopublicans who adheres to the exact same agenda, while pretending not to.

Just ask yourself one simple question .... have you ever seen republicans attack one of their own with such ferocity? Prominent republicans refusing to endorse their own populist candidate? A candidate whose primary run broke records for the numbers coming out to vote? Republicans banding together and openly joining in with the Stop Trump agenda?

If this doesn't open your eyes to what is REALLY HAPPENING ... and what is truly at stake here ... nothing will. Be smart, look closely at who is the primary target of attack by the establishment hacks in the media .... and the establishment politicians on BOTH SIDES .... Trump. That's the only choice we have to stand up for us ... the only one not owned by the establishment.

Hopefully, at least 51% of the voting public have retained the capacity to think and can still solve the simple equation 2±2=4

Though I suspect we will need a landslide victory to prevent the theft of this election ... a close race will offer the establishment the ability to rig the election, while maintaining plausible deniability.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 07-12-2016 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The liberal bias of the media has reached absurd, outrageous levels in response to Trump's entrance into the race. And that includes the distorted/phony polls, and the subservient carrying of Hillary's water, in spite of her criminal conduct and lies, both current, and throughout her entire career.

Hopefully, the younger crowd will open their eyes wide enough to see how they are being propagandized and programmed at every level, and understand that they have MUCH MORE TO LOSE than the older crowd, should the country remain on its current course of looming economic disaster which has been brought about by leftwing policies of the establishment Democrats AND republicans.

Keep one damned thing in mind ... social issues will have no relevant place in any political debate when we are all unemployed and starving, and America reduced to third world status. ... which, btw, is the establishment's overall objective.

While I believe Sanders would be equally disastrous to our economic future, his surprising success against Clinton, aside the rigged system that has cheated his supporters, it shows just how weak Clinton is, in spite of the massive media and political machinary propping her up. His populist appeal runs along the same lines as does Trump's. Those among Sanders supporters who would accept such chicanery and bow to the crooked Democrats, really are lost causes. Though, a significant portion of Bernie fans WILL SWITCH to the next logical choice, because they UNDERSTAND now, the depth of corruption endemic of the "establishment" politicos, which transcends party affiliation.

This presidential race is no longer a contest between Democrat and Republican, and is now about "We the People" versus them (the Establishment).

And, the "Establishment" has never exposed itself as it has done over this past year. No longer can it hide itself, or pose as opposing sides as it has in decades past.

So don't continue to fall for this left-right okie doke from the establishment demopublicans who adheres to the exact same agenda, while pretending not to.

Just ask yourself one simple question .... have you ever seen republicans attack one of their own with such ferocity? Prominent republicans refusing to endorse their own populist candidate? A candidate whose primary run broke records for the numbers coming out to vote? Republicans banding together and openly joining in with the Stop Trump agenda?

If this doesn't open your eyes to what is REALLY HAPPENING ... and what is truly at stake here ... nothing will. Be smart, look closely at who is the primary target of attack by the establishment hacks in the media .... and the establishment politicians on BOTH SIDES .... Trump. That's the only choice we have to stand up for us ... the only one not owned by the establishment.

Hopefully, at least 51% of the voting public have retained the capacity to think and can still solve the simple equation 2±2=4

Though I suspect we will need a landslide victory to prevent the theft of this election ... a close race will offer the establishment the ability to rig the election, while maintaining plausible deniability.

Excellent Post!!!! Thank you!!!!
you could see how Republicans were leaning towards the left during the past 8 years, especially the last four, they really really hate Trump....and fear him....and I fear for Trump
I believe the only reason he is running is to keep them from taking over....and they know it of course. But, he was once part of the establishment, so he knows better then anyone, doesn't he.

So, tell me, why are they trying to starve America? Why are they doing this....? To easier control the country?

What bothers me, is most people won't know what hit them....it is frustrating, how young people believe all this propaganda, however, when I was in my early 20's I didn't know much about it either....didn't care, to busy having fun.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Excellent Post!!!! Thank you!!!!
you could see how Republicans were leaning towards the left during the past 8 years, especially the last four, they really really hate Trump....and fear him....and I fear for Trump
I believe the only reason he is running is to keep them from taking over....and they know it of course. But, he was once part of the establishment, so he knows better then anyone, doesn't he.

So, tell me, why are they trying to starve America? Why are they doing this....? To easier control the country?

What bothers me, is most people won't know what hit them....it is frustrating, how young people believe all this propaganda, however, when I was in my early 20's I didn't know much about it either....didn't care, to busy having fun.
You ask why. There are many intertwined elements, but in general, this is about One World Government, which requires an abandonment of national autonomy, and the elimination of nation States. This explains a great deal of why we see the push toward open borders, to name just one. The deliberate bankrupting of America is another element to this agenda, with the goal of creating "sovereign debt", which essentially means that our land would become the property of our debtors (the bankers ).

The one thing people don't understand is that the Globalists agenda requires the dismantling and destruction of the US economy in order to attach debt to our land and natural resources. Once you understand that, the rest of what we see happening makes sense.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I saw the video. He was on the ground subdued when the officers shot him.

I am not a cop, but that particular department has a history of being overly aggressive with the public. Even other police departments after Hurricane Katrina complained about Baton Rouge officers when they were in Louisiana helping in the aftermath of the storm. Maybe you will believe it from other cops. Source - from the source:

It is odd IMO that due to your own association with police that you will so easily dismiss even police descriptions of officers in this department as "bad cops."

I don't have a negative view of all police officers, but some departments do have a negative culture about them and are more prone to overlooking or having a lot of officers who commit bad policing behavior. I would think that you, as a supporter of our police officers would also support the removal of these bad elements in policing and especially not to take up for bad officers who kill or assault people. Even with Alton Sterling's minor record, he was not a violent criminal. IMO these officers, both of whom also have a history of complaints against them, were more violent than he was.

On the pay of cops, I agree it depends on where they live. I just read in GA they start their state troopers off at only $35k, which is ridiculous to me as any law enforcement job, dealing with the public is dangerous and stressful and I do think they should have a higher salary across the country. Luckily where I live, we actually have a decent salary for cops, though I do think they deserve more than they get. Our state troopers start at around $50k with a lot of benefits and our local PD gets about $48K to start, more with experience or education and we have excellent benefits as well. But honestly, I think all police should start off at $60k minimum, more if they are in high cost of living areas, and should have at least an associates degree.

However, I don't want Trump to win and I don't think he will. I don't liken him to a neo-nazi, but he is representative of the worst of American prejudices in regards to his rhetoric.

i have learned through past history, corresponding with you is like a walk down the ol' "I'm a expert on every subject lane", therefore I decline to continue, b/c no matter what I say, you have a much better answer....lets, just say, Checkmate. you win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies