Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:06 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times

Advertisements

Man - all these initials I can't keep it straight anymore!

First there was the BLM - The Bureau of Land (Grabbing) Management and the Bundy clan and their militias standing up against the tyrannical gubbermints jack booted, storm trooping, Federal alphabet thugs.

And they put main actors in jail or shot them.

Then we come to find out that BLM stands for Black Lives Matter (to them anyway) and THEY are standing up against the tyrannical jack booted, storm trooping, Star Wars style armor plated police.

And they are putting the main actors in jail and they are shooting each other.

NOW when I read a head line I have no idea what is going on until I read the fine print and figure out who is doing what to who.

Arrrrghhh! Make it stop! I can't take it anymore!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:27 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

First there was the BLM - The Bureau of Land (Grabbing) Management and the Bundy clan and their militias standing up against the tyrannical gubbermints jack booted, storm trooping, Federal alphabet thugs.

Then we come to find out that BLM stands for Black Lives Matter (to them anyway) and THEY are standing up against the tyrannical jack booted, storm trooping, Star Wars style armor plated police.

NOW when I read a head line I have no idea what is going on until I read the fine print and figure out who is doing what to who.

Become a crooked Hillary supporter and you can stick your head in the sand and not worry about making sense of anything. All you have to do is "trust her". Problem solved.

Another way to simplify the BLM thing.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and Black Lives Matter (BLM) both are about special grazing rights and who controls the turf.
The cattle men and the sheep men didn't like each other and there was a lot of killing going on until the problem was studied and the proper controls were put in place to solve the problem. The cattle and sheep don't really care who controls them as long as they get to eat.
Sheep that are not managed properly and left to overgraze a pasture will starve cattle forced onto that pasture. Sheep will not only eat the grass that is above the surface but will pull it up and consume the roots. Any grazing animal coming behind the sheep will starve. So the sheep need to be managed and moved more frequently so the pasture is preserved.

Now the cattlemen and sheep men may not like each other but they do get along much better.

There are other competing interest too. There are deer, antelope, wild mustangs, and natural events like wildfires and floods and droughts. So if you want to know how to solve this people problem ask a rancher because he has the practical experience or you can talk to a politician and they are never short of talk but seldom get around doing anything.

Last edited by phma; 07-12-2016 at 04:19 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,782,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Become a crooked Hillary supporter and you can stick your head in the sand and not worry about making sense of anything. All you have to do is "trust her". Problem solved.

Another way to simplify the BLM thing.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and Black Lives Matter (BLM) both are about special grazing rights and who controls the turf.
The cattle men and the sheep men didn't like each other and there was a lot of killing going on until the problem was studied and the proper controls were put in place to solve the problem. The cattle and sheep don't really care who controls them as long as the get to eat.
Sheep that are not managed properly and left to overgraze a pasture will starve cattle forced onto that pasture. Sheep will not only eat the grass that is above the surface but will pull it up and consume the roots. Any grazing animal coming behind the sheep will starve. So the sheep need to be managed and moved more frequently so the pasture is preserved.
And you think Trump is going to unite everyone?

Our society is in deep trouble. I think the best way is to stop paying attention especially to the media and newsfeeds. No protestors where I live. If I see them or jack booted alphabet types I will avoid them. I am going to focus on doing good and ignoring the noise.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
And you think Trump is going to unite everyone?

Our society is in deep trouble. I think the best way is to stop paying attention especially to the media and newsfeeds. No protestors where I live. If I see them or jack booted alphabet types I will avoid them. I am going to focus on doing good and ignoring the noise.
There is no magic that will unite everyone. Anything decided or implemented will have those who will be dissatisfied. That has been the condition of government and humanity when everyone lived in caves up to the present.

I'll ask you the same basic question. You really think that people are going to accept crooked Hillary and her criminal organization as a uniting party ? Those that want less corruption in the government will never accept her. If she is elected they will fight her every step of the way. Much of the country breathed a sigh of relief when Clinton was finally out of office. They were so tired of all the never ending scandals surrounding them. They could read a news paper or listen to the news again.

So you are going to focus on doing good. Does that mean you won't be voting ? Is ignoring the information necessary for a reasoned and rational approach to decide who to vote for the best way to go ?

It's about choice. Not voting is a choice. Whatever anyone decides is up to them. If you are happy with your choice I'm happy for you.

Last edited by phma; 07-12-2016 at 04:56 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 04:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I would rather be governed by Hillary and her gang than by a dictatorship of The Donald and his family.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would rather be governed by Hillary and her gang than by a dictatorship of The Donald and his family.
The current administration is as close to a dictatorship as we have ever been. So I don't understand your objection to dictators. Admitting to being in favor of a gang ruling the country is honest so I can respect that even if I oppose it.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:14 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Black Lives Matter is government created, manufactured, and funded.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:31 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

BLM label is intentionally confusing to recruit the folks that that are befuddled and confused. The other liberal members intellectualize the totally unrelated and illogical title as it were some esoteric academic theory or secret code the 'others' don't understand because they are not them.

It's the, 'this is my brother daryl and this is my other brother daryl' naming convention. So which government sponsored BLM is it that you belong to? The one founded on lies and endorsed by dem candidates, prez and the cong blk caucus.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:47 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
BLM is an offshoot of the BM (bowel movement) organization.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:49 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I dunno, have you seen his wife? She's hot! If he wants to be president he needs to get her out to every NASCAR race and rodeo in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies