Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 09:30 AM

550 posts, read 368,918 times

Advertisements

The polls show Hillary is expected to carry Illinois.

I got out but still have a brother there. He has a small 3-bedroom, 2-bath ranch home in a Chicago suburb and pays almost $7,000 a year in property taxes. The schools are declining, crime is rising and taxes are placed on everything.

With all the damage the Democratic party has done to Chicago and the rest of Illinois, what the heck are voters there thinking? More crime? More taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 09:38 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
I live in Illinois and it'll be a cold day in hell when I vote for Hillary. So not all of us are crazy. But the City of Chicago is so thoroughly in the Democrats' back pocket, I doubt you'll ever see a Republican presidential candidate win here.

My fellow Illinoisans actually were bright enough to overwhelmingly vote Pat Quinn (D) out and Bruce Rauner (R) in. We'll see if a Republican governor can do any better. I doubt it. We really need a viable third option. Can't wait till I have a Libertarian candidate to vote for at every level. That's what this state needs!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:42 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I live in Illinois and it'll be a cold day in hell when I vote for Hillary. So not all of us are crazy. But the City of Chicago is so thoroughly in the Democrats' back pocket, I doubt you'll ever see a Republican presidential candidate win here.

My fellow Illinoisans actually were bright enough to overwhelmingly vote Pat Quinn (D) out and Bruce Rauner (R) in. We'll see if a Republican governor can do any better. I doubt it. We really need a viable third option. Can't wait till I have a Libertarian candidate to vote for at every level. That's what this state needs!
Not just Illinois. Many other places as well.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post

I got out but still have a brother there. He has a small 3-bedroom, 2-bath ranch home in a Chicago suburb and pays almost $7,000 a year in property taxes. The schools are declining, crime is rising and taxes are placed on everything.

With all the damage the Democratic party has done to Chicago and the rest of Illinois, what the heck are voters there thinking? More crime? More taxes?
The problem with this argument is that Democrats built Chicago and Illinois. All the greatness they once were in your argument was all because of Democrats.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:52 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Quote:

More.....HANDOUTS

Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Yeah, I forgot the crime in the south is so epically low and all.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Quote:

It's the Democratic machine...the same idiots that vote for Madigan and his cronies (who messed up the state fiscally) will vote for "Crooked" Hillary. You have to spend time here to truly understand how ****ed up it is politically.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:01 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Illinois has always been known as one of the top Democratic states. There is a large population of black people, Jewish people, and Hispanics, and they tend to be Democrats.

I pay nearly $13K a year in property taxes now for a home that's either 2100 or 2200 square feet (don't recall at the moment). Sales tax is high, gasoline prices are high, and if you live in the city, they nickel and dime you to death.

This is why people are moving out of the city and state in large numbers. Those of us who remain, tend to do so because our kids are here.

Also, there are a lot of people who say, "I live in a blue state, my vote won't matter, so I'm not going to vote." Those idiots don't realize they could change things by voting, and I think they're simply lazy and trying to find an excuse not to get up a little earlier, or arrive home a little later, than usual.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:16 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:

I left that black hole two years ago and my life only has improved since I left . I feel sorry for my family that is still stuck there ....

Old 07-16-2016, 11:21 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with this argument is that Democrats built Chicago and Illinois. All the greatness they once were in your argument was all because of Democrats.

Couldn't keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies