Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 09:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

the Donald is very predictable in that anything he cannot personally benefit from he will not do. He has no skin in the banking game, other then bankrupting out from under his debts, so why would he want to change anything? Obviously whatever the Donald says he will do he will not. Very predictable man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 09:40 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
THAT IS AWESOME!

WE can thank slick Willy for setting up the crash by repealing it for his Wall Street handlers! The biggest heist in history, and not a single banker went to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Annnnddd, while we thank slick Willie, we can also thank the three Republicans who wrote that disaster,and the Congress who signed off on it. Bills don't appear out of nowhere.
I am far more vocal about the corruption on both sides than just about anyone.

A repeal can't pass until the President signs it. Blame them all certainly, blame Bill Clinton the most you must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
the Donald is very predictable in that anything he cannot personally benefit from he will not do. He has no skin in the banking game, other then bankrupting out from under his debts, so why would he want to change anything? Obviously whatever the Donald says he will do he will not. Very predictable man.
Just as Hillary claims to be against Wall Street, yet is quite beholding to the banks. HRC has been quite transparently dishonest, and for people to defend her because "she isn't being prosecuted" does not mean she didn't break the law, nor that she can be trusted. The FBI all but said she did, yet... would not advise the AG to convict. The AG met with slick on a plane for a private hoohaw, which was leaked by the FBI themselves.

THEY ARE CRIMINALS - the 21st century version of a crime family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I would amend that to say "Washington, DC politicians" in place of "the dems."
I second that!

"DC establishment politicians" = the ruling class

Last edited by steven_h; 07-21-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 09:40 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't think anyone owns it. It is no more controlled than a wandering drunk. Once in a while someone will pass some legislation and make it appear as if they are in control, but it all falls apart over and over.

Lurch to the left; lurch to the right; fall on our face and then get up and do it all over again.
Oh, it's owned. And controlled. The whole "my side/your side!" thing is merely a distraction. The illusion they give is that we have a voice, or a choice. We don't. The politicians don't matter, at all. They are more of a powerless figurehead than anything. Something to stir up the pot and the populace every few years. Dems and Repubs in Congress and the WH are interchangeable.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Only a sucker would believe the dems on ANYTHING!
I would amend that to say "Washington, DC politicians" in place of "the dems."

They are both corrupt, irresponsible and incompetent. Anyone who believes one side is preferable to another is simply a duped rube who has been duped because they are such a rube. People like this are really too ill-informed to vote.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Because they don;t want the brown guy in the White House to get any credit.
Clinton was white and they didn't like him any more....heck they impeached him.

But please, tell us more how republicans don't like democratic presidents because of their skin color....

Old 07-21-2016, 10:33 AM

142 posts, read 72,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Republican Party is going after the big banks.
Sure they will

I think they have been listening to Bernie Sanders too much.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
THAT IS AWESOME!

WE can thank slick Willy for setting up the crash by repealing it for his Wall Street handlers! The biggest heist in history, and not a single banker went to jail.

I am far more vocal about the corruption on both sides than just about anyone.

A repeal can't pass until the President signs it. Blame them all certainly, blame Bill Clinton the most you must.

Just as Hillary claims to be against Wall Street, yet is quite beholding to the banks. HRC has been quite transparently dishonest, and for people to defend her because "she isn't being prosecuted" does not mean she didn't break the law, nor that she can be trusted. The FBI all but said she did, yet... would not advise the AG to convict. The AG met with slick on a plane for a private hoohaw, which was leaked by the FBI themselves.

THEY ARE CRIMINALS - the 21st century version of a crime family.

I second that!

"DC establishment politicians" = the ruling class
Yawn....

Where's the personal responsibility? Why are so many Americans in debt? Why do so many Americans have felonies? Why do so many Americans have poor skills? It's the 45 and up crowd that simply have not prepared themselves for a future of globalization and automation.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_J View Post
Sure they will

I think they have been listening to Bernie Sanders too much.

Well, The establishment has been pushed to the side for a minute... We can only sit back with a beer in one hand and the popcorn in the other.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Where's the personal responsibility? Why are so many Americans in debt?
Have to agree with this to an extent. Though we live in a consumerist culture, too many have lived beyond their means, buying shiny objects to keep up with the Joneses, etc. At the same time, lenders were playing pretty fast and loose, with no oversight, for years, loaning money they knew people wouldn't be able to repay. I still think individuals should bear the responsibility for much of this. The "poor" in America often have fancy cars, cell phones, cable, etc.

Quote:
Why do so many Americans have felonies?
Because prisons are a cash cow for most areas and people are imprisoned for non-violent crimes?

Quote:
Why do so many Americans have poor skills?
Because our educational system is a joke?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I would like to see the break up of big banks... but Hillary is in their pockets, ironic isn't it? The left wants to break up the big banks but are voting for the opposite...
When you say left.... You are excluding Sanders and Elizabeth Warren why? Seems conservatives are playing catch up with financial regulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies