Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 03:00 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,252 times

Advertisements

or vote for shills: a criminal opportunist, or a despicable opportunist.

Either you want to actually progress (not to be confused with Marxist progressivism) or you are

ignoring the truth.

13% ...so far!

The truly wise and smartest are always the minority... the rest are just conformists.

Which are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 03:33 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Either you want to actually progress (not to be confused with Marxist progressivism) or you are

ignoring the truth.

13% ...so far!

The truly wise and smartest are always the minority... the rest are just conformists.

Which are you?

I'm the one who doesn't throw his vote away on a candidate who cannot and will not win.

In 1992 Perot ran as an independent and handed the White House to Bill Clinton.

Now, twenty-four years later, we still can't get rid of the Clintons.

This year, we have accomplished what we have needed to achieve for decades.

We have taken over a major political party and stand poised to elect someone not belonging to the 0.1%.

At this moment, with everything to gain, why should we throw that opportunity away in order to make a symbolic statement?

Old 07-23-2016, 05:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
Trump, a multi billionaire, does "not belong to the 0.1%"? Huh? What does he belong to? I would say the crooked welfare class of failed developers.

I have looked at the policies proposed by the Libertarian party and they would be very harmful to me. They would be very beneficial to Trump and the rest of his billionaire investor parasites.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:23 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

ignoring the truth.

13% ...so far!

Which are you?
When you start out insulting everybody else who doesn't agree with you, I can understand why you support him.

If you want to waste your vote on someone who doesn't stand 1 chance in 10,000 of winning and thinking he is "the ONLY adult in the room" you don't much credibility.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,897,898 times
A wasted vote is when you vote for someone you know you disagree with, but disagree with less than the other major candidate. A vote for Dem or GOP is a wasted vote at this point. Voting for them is a vote that states that you believe in the 2 party system and you agree with how the country is being managed. It means you want more of the same and that is a wasted vote....

Old 07-23-2016, 10:30 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,911,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm the one who doesn't throw his vote away on a candidate who cannot and will not win.

In 1992 Perot ran as an independent and handed the White House to Bill Clinton.

Now, twenty-four years later, we still can't get rid of the Clintons.

This year, we have accomplished what we have needed to achieve for decades.

We have taken over a major political party and stand poised to elect someone not belonging to the 0.1%.

At this moment, with everything to gain, why should we throw that opportunity away in order to make a symbolic statement?
There is no such thing as throwing away your vote. That's just a meaningless made up statement.
Voting for the lessor of two evils is throwing away ones integrity.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:42 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,747,508 times
We are a nation of thugs and tyrants. We have been brainwashed since birth by this barbaric society to believe that it is "just" to use government violence, coercion, and aggression to impose our personal will upon our neighbors. The brainwashed masses will continue to support the two evil and immoral thug tyrant parties. The "land of the free" is filled with people who have a deep hatred of human freedom and humanity in general. Libertarians will never have a chance until the thugs who permeate the majority of this "society" embrace the non-aggression principle and develop a morality beyond that of an infant child.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,610,885 times
I'm all for increasing the Libertarian leaning vote, but Gary isn't exactly a stellar candidate.
Gary Johnson & Libertarian Party -- Conservatives, Beware | National Review

If someone if truly Libertarian, this election, you have to know that the most important move you can make is to vote against an almost certain possibility that the supreme court could be altered in way way that will shrink your personal freedoms in the future.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,721,589 times
a vote for johnson is a vote for clinton.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,663,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
a vote for johnson is a vote for clinton.
In my mind, it's like being confronted by two thugs. One thug says he will punch you three times and the other says he'll punch you five times. I won't tell anyone that I deserve to be punched by either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies