Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 07:46 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,570,242 times

Advertisements

Americanism means American interests first. I vote for that.
There will always be global trade, but let's make trade deals which are in the best interest of the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM

2,534 posts, read 1,873,272 times
The US focuses too much on other countries. We are not, nor should we be the world's dumping ground. We need to solve our own problems and let other countries worry about themselves. Only thing is if one of our allies gets attacked then we can help others out but in the mean time, we need to start focusing more on our internal issues before we police other countries. We've had enough of globalization. It's crap.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:31 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,918,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I wouldn't use these terms, but I more or less agree. It's about globalism vs Americanism (in America .. it's about globalism vs. UKism in the UK, globalism vs. Italyism in Italy. etc.)

Mark me down for globalism. I'm all about international cooperation. I love it!
Not me.....the one worlder stuff has always been rank silliness.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:34 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If import and countervailing tariffs are such a bad idea why to so many countries have them? Why does China have a 20% tariff on our imports? Why does Germany, a country within the EU, have import tariffs on Turkish farm products? Why does Canada have a near ban on unprocessed forest products from the USA?

Because some nations are stupid we should be too!

http://doc.cat-v.org/economics/milto...for_free_trade

From that link:

A fourth argument, one that was made by Alexander Hamilton and continues to be repeated down to the present, is that free trade would be fine if all other countries practiced free trade but that, so long as they do not, the United States cannot afford to. This argument has no validity whatsoever, either in principle or in practice. Other countries that impose restrictions on international trade do hurt us. But they also hurt themselves. Aside from the three cases just considered, if we impose restrictions in turn, we simply add to the harm to ourselves and also harm them as well. Competition in masochism and sadism is hardly a prescription for sensible international economic policy! Far from leading to a reduction in restrictions by other countries, this kind of retaliatory action simply leads to further restrictions.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:35 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,918,554 times
It's not just trade.... It's much more than that. Especially immigration and foreign policy.
But again, ALL falling under the umbrella of one worldism versus America as a nation.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 7 days ago)

52,715 posts, read 48,024,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Stopping globalism is kind of like stopping the rain, IMHO.
And also the reign. Every presidential election from here on out is coming down to this choice, Americanism or globalism.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Americanism means American interests first. I vote for that.
There will always be global trade, but let's make trade deals which are in the best interest of the American people.
The government that governs best governs least.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:44 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So if you are against protectionism, are you all for dissolving patents like the ones involved in the TPP where Pharma Corps will kill their generic making competition?

Also, are you for Capitalism?

Because the workers in China do not work in a Capitalistic Society.

250 Million Chinese farmers had their lands stolen by the government and were forced to go seek work in the cities.

In Capitalism ALL Parties must have negotiating power

Old 07-23-2016, 09:47 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is the responsibility of the government in accordance with the Constitution to seek what is best for this country though. Do you support the Constitution?

Old 07-23-2016, 10:06 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,746,996 times
I think the problem is that people think of globalization or "new world order" as something that the corporations are pushing. Yes, corporations may benefit somewhat from globalization. However, it is the Central Banking Families who have always been pushing for the worldwide Plantation. They have essentially a private monopoly of the worlds fiat currencies. There will be a single fiat currency at some point, and it will completely digital. And the world's debtor/puppet governments already are essentially working for the same Families anyway. It has always been the goal of the Central Banking Families to merger all currencies and debtor governments into a single manageable entity. Their personal slave race. In all reality, they have already accomplished exactly what they have wanted, what follows are merely "official" formalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies