Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

This article compiles information from a few polls that have been conducted. The Pew Research study was conducted in 39 countries with 38,000 Muslims and involved face-to-face interviews, so the apologists cannot argue that the study is too small for their liking.

Polls Demonstrating Muslim Intolerance and Support for Terrorism Help Explain Recent Attacks | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

Let's say Clinton wants to take in 65,000 refugees. And let's incorrectly assume that only 1% of those we take in want to do us harm, even though the number is higher. That's 6,500 people who have no problem dying if it means taking several of us out.

While the FBI has done a great job in thwarting a lot of attacks (someone last night gave a number that was over 100) on our soil, the more people we allow into the country, the higher the odds that the FBI won't be able to handle everything that crosses their desks.

It only takes one or two to kill an entire group of people.

SB could have been avoided but the FBI agent working on that case was told by Clinton's office to back off because he was unfairly profiling Muslims.

The FBI Director, the Director of the CIA, and counterterrorist experts have all stated it would be dangerous for us to allow refugees into the country at this time, since we have no way to properly vet them.

WHY would any American support allowing more to enter the country? WTH is wrong with you people that you think this is okay??? Why is more of your concern with Muslims coming out of these countries than it is with your fellow citizens?

Why don't you care that people WILL be killed here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
The issue is much broader than whether to take Syrian refugees and if any are affiliated with ISIS.

Firstly the 50+ Muslim countries should be absorbing Muslim refugees. No Infidel country should bear this burden.

Secondly, the broader issue is whether to allow Muslims to immigrate at all. The answer is No. Islam is incompatible with modern secular values. You can't separate the good from the bad Muslims. The risks far outweigh any rewards (if any at all).

The only Muslims that should be given the privilege to live in the West are Ex-Muslims, who are fleeing Islam.

Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:15 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The issue is much broader than whether to take Syrian refugees and if any are affiliated with ISIS.

Firstly the 50+ Muslim countries should be absorbing Muslim refugees. No Infidel country should bear this burden.

Secondly, the broader issue is whether to allow Muslims to immigrate at all. The answer is No. Islam is incompatible with modern secular values. You can't separate the good from the bad Muslims. The risks far outweigh any rewards (if any at all).

The only Muslims that should be given the privilege to live in the West are Ex-Muslims, who are fleeing Islam.

Islam has no place in a civilized society.
I agree. Polls pretty much bear that out, as well.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:17 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
I am very concerned about whats happening in Europe & I am afraid it would start here if Hillary gets elected. Dems thrive on immigrant vote so no wonder they want them to outnumber the citizens. I am also an immigrant who came here as a student & stayed back for work. The vetting process for me was very tough & thorough. Thats how its supposed to be so no complaints. I earned it by working extra hard & following the rules. Its unfair that law breaking illegal immigrants are rewarded for their cunningness whereas hardworking Americans, law abiding immigrants are taxed heavily to feed the freeloaders. I hope people can see through the corrupt democratic leaders & vote for Trump. I may not agree with him on a lot of other issues but I am prioritizing immigration issue above all so thats why i will be voting for him. He is not perfect but atleast he is not going to screw up like angela merkel. Hillary will ruin it for us like angela merkel destroyed germany & EU. Trump is a jerk but you need to be one when someone is threatening to break into your home. Being a good christian & trying to change criminals with kindness doesnt always work & i am not willing to take that risk. All this liberal hippie ideology works when there are no security threats & world is a better place.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:27 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree. Polls pretty much bear that out, as well.
Polls in third world countries (and dictatorships) are rarely accurate, as there is always a fear that someone will find out what you said, and that could be a quick end to you and your family. Take them with a grain of salt.

We've have a refugee family living in one of our rental properties, that came here with help from Jewish Family Services. Good hard working people who appreciate being here, and those who helped them. They want to be Americans. For them, there is no place to go back to.

They went through a year of background checks through UNHCR and then went through more, that covered the same ground, for another 9 months from US agencies. They were lucky, most are still sitting in camps.

The lengthy process has plagued Syrian refugee resettlement which also hurts attempts for Iraqi and Afghan nationals who worked with U.S. forces during the wars in their countries who were promised resettlement in the United States but have had to wait years for admission.

American Jewish and interfaith groups are determined to push for a more welcoming approach for Syrian refugees, who understand what it means to be refugees, without getting help.

Pittsburgh Jews Welcome Syrians As Trump Warns Of Danger | The Jewish Week

Jewish Agencies welcome Syrian refugees to U.S.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:39 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Polls in third world countries (and dictatorships) are rarely accurate, as there is always a fear that someone will find out what you said, and that could be a quick end to you and your family. Take them with a grain of salt.

We've have a refugee family living in one of our rental properties, that came here with help from Jewish Family Services. Good hard working people who appreciate being here, and those who helped them. They want to be Americans. For them, there is no place to go back to.

They went through a year of background checks through UNHCR and then went through more, that covered the same ground, for another 9 months from US agencies.

The lengthy process has plagued Syrian refugee resettlement and hurts attempts for Iraqi and Afghan nationals who worked with U.S. forces during the wars in their countries who were promised resettlement in the United States but have had to wait years for admission.

American Jewish and interfaith groups are determined to push for a more welcoming approach for Syrian refugees, who understand what it means to be refugees, without getting help.

Pittsburgh Jews Welcome Syrians As Trump Warns Of Danger | The Jewish Week

Agencies welcome Syrian refugees to U.S.
Our intelligence community has already stated repeatedly and publicly that there is no way to accurately vet refugees, and admitted that there is every likelihood that terrorist organizations will infiltrate the refugee population. ISIS has announced that they will infiltrate the refugee population, and we have recent and violent examples of terrorists infiltrating the refugee population in Europe. Obama has also announced that refugee intake into this country will be fast tracked this year.

Also consider the reproductive rate of Muslims is higher than that of the general population in first world countries.

Also consider that there is such a thing as a Reunification of Refugee Families program, where refugees who are in this country can petition to bring other immediate and extended family members to this country.

I'm not going to post links because most people never bother to read them. If you're interested enough, do a Google search and find the links.. I'm right.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Our intelligence community has already stated repeatedly and publicly that there is no way to accurately vet refugees, and admitted that there is every likelihood that terrorist organizations will infiltrate the refugee population. ISIS has announced that they will infiltrate the refugee population, and we have recent and violent examples of terrorists infiltrating the refugee population in Europe. Obama has also announced that refugee intake into this country will be fast tracked this year.

Also consider the reproductive rate of Muslims is higher than that of the general population in first world countries.

Also consider that there is such a thing as a Reunification of Refugee Families program, where refugees who are in this country can petition to bring other immediate and extended family members to this country.

I'm not going to post links because most people never bother to read them. If you're interested enough, do a Google search and find the links.. I'm right.
For the record, the United States can vet the refugees through a process that involves the FBI as well as the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense and other agencies. The vetting process can take up to two years, in which refugees undergo several rounds of security clearance checks. But many of these checks are already being done, but US policy, ignores what has been done and starts over, lengthening the process for the refugee.

Director Comey stated he cannot personally vet every refugee admitted to the United States but the current process is effective and has gotten more so in the past few years.

Family reunification is third in the list of priorities by US policy. Most of those trying to obtain entrance are priority 1 or 2.

Priority 1: Cases that are identified and referred to the program by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), a United States Embassy, or a designated non-governmental organization (NGO).
Priority 2: Groups of special humanitarian concern identified by the U.S. refugee program.
Priority 3: Family reunification cases (spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents of persons lawfully admitted to the United States as refugees or asylees or permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens who previously had refugee or asylum status).

Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am very concerned about whats happening in Europe & I am afraid it would start here if Hillary gets elected. Dems thrive on immigrant vote so no wonder they want them to outnumber the citizens. I am also an immigrant who came here as a student & stayed back for work. The vetting process for me was very tough & thorough. Thats how its supposed to be so no complaints. I earned it by working extra hard & following the rules. Its unfair that law breaking illegal immigrants are rewarded for their cunningness whereas hardworking Americans, law abiding immigrants are taxed heavily to feed the freeloaders. I hope people can see through the corrupt democratic leaders & vote for Trump. I may not agree with him on a lot of other issues but I am prioritizing immigration issue above all so thats why i will be voting for him. He is not perfect but atleast he is not going to screw up like angela merkel. Hillary will ruin it for us like angela merkel destroyed germany & EU. Trump is a jerk but you need to be one when someone is threatening to break into your home. Being a good christian & trying to change criminals with kindness doesnt always work & i am not willing to take that risk. All this liberal hippie ideology works when there are no security threats & world is a better place.
It's already started here..

Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
There is an easy solution to stop the massive flow of people. Quit destroying their countries.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is an easy solution to stop the massive flow of people. Quit destroying their countries.
So, allow them now to come in and destroy yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies