Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:32 PM

254 posts, read 193,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he's already retired, this is a guy who's mailed it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0Rw8ED6nk
Obama took Bill Clinton's lead (and Hillary will take Obama's) in mailing it in for two terms on foreign policy. Most of the moves he took were classic "leading from behind," meaning he just looked at what everyone else was doing and then went along with it. The problem was all the other liberal leaders were doing the same, so literally everyone just stood around with their pants down, holding their degrees from Cambridge and Yale, while illiterates from some dusty tribe in Syria repeatedly owned them.

Simultaneously, Obama focused on total dictatorial over-reach on the domestic front because most Americans who oppose him obey the law and therefore there would be no resistance while he broke it. So every time he "used his pen," people would expect some total smack-down which never came. And, unlike other countries, he knows we won't bust down the White House gates and kill him. We'll just go "why, I'll totally vote in November!" And then he grins and says "go ahead, I just imported 60,000 more people to vote against you, thanks to no voter ID."

Old 07-30-2016, 04:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
He, I suspect, is going to make a lot of money & eventually retire to his home state of Hawaii.....that's a lot better option than anything else I can think off. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world. I can't see him spending is time in D.C on the court.
Sounds like a good plan to me too. But it's hard to figure out what these guys are thinking. They're usually bombarded with a million different ideas on what they should do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
after he left offica

All of our presidents since Ford have made serious money. Don't know about Bush 43, but I'm sure he gets some money on speeches. Most likely will never see another guy like Harry Truman who actually took the train home from the White House to Missouri after he left office & lived a modest life.
Basically, Truman was unceremoniously dumped out of the White House, taken to a train station, and told bye bye. LMAO...that's a far cry from how it's done nowadays.

I've always been fascinated by Truman's exit. It's one of the hokiest stories in American history. And the fact that it wasn't all that long ago (relatively speaking), makes it even more fascinating. He'd never even owned a house or a car before. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Obama for Surpreme (your spelling) Court seat ??
I doubt Obama wants it, it would stifle his ability to comment on and be involved in politics and issues.
Big time. Although that never stopped Thomas or Scalia....especially Scalia.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:08 PM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True.

Still, ex presidents have fewer options than people think. After eight years, you're physically a wreck and need sleep and time to decompress. I wouldn't rule it out, but not for a long time.
Why the hell even work, you will get a pay check for waking up, just like you and I.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:26 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Can a former president really be appointed by another president to take one of the Supreme Court seats ?

Hillary Clinton 'loves' the idea of appointing Obama to Supreme Court - Washington Times
Good subject as that is scary as he.. and I have heard that been mentioned before!

Old 07-30-2016, 04:30 PM

494 posts, read 286,161 times
Ahhhh.....those were the days......good luck with that now..

Old 07-30-2016, 09:35 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
He's too lazy.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Obama for Surpreme (your spelling) Court seat ??
I doubt Obama wants it, it would stifle his ability to comment on and be involved in politics and issues.

Not so fast.... I think he does and this was their plan all along. What better way to continue his gun control agenda along with granting amnesty to the millions of ILLEGALS than be on the Supreme Court? This would be the final nail in this country if these two are allowed to continue this!!

Old 07-30-2016, 10:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
He could also attend a Mosque of his choice.
\

Is Trump's investigator still looking for the birth certificate for you?

Old 07-31-2016, 04:02 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Aaack! Reason enough to vote for Trump.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:38 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Sounds good to me. He is still young, but as mentioned earlier the POTUS takes a lot out of a body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies