Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 02:52 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Try to think outside of the box, why are the ones with power on both the right and the left fear him?
Yup. That's why it's going to get noisier and crazier.

Fear. It's going to be all about fear and trying frighten the American public by creating such a din of craziness that it drowns out Trump's voice.

That's the only way Democrats are going to be able to foist off their tired old establishment fool on us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 02:55 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Actually a large percentage of this country is more disgusted with the state of this country. Race division is worse than it was in the 60s, people worry about their personal safety, the massive debt(Obama doubled it), and whose coming into the country under the guise of refugees. They see how well that is working out for France and Germany.

Try to think outside of the box, why are the ones with power on both the right and the left fear him?
I am black and it is silly IMO to think that "race division" is "worse than it was the 60s." I am not divided from anyone and am not naive enough to believe that the media tells the truth about reality all the time. I know a lot of people of different races and we all get along just fine as I'm sure you do as well if you live in a diverse area. Media over blows the whole "racial divide" today and people are naive enough to see stuff in the media and think it is always true. Those are the people who need to "think outside of the box."

And I agree people are disatisfied with the state of the country, but they can be disgusted about that and Trump and a majority are both.

I personally don't think anything in particular about refugees in France or Germany, that is another thing that media spouts to people to make you more afraid of "other" people. I grew up in an area with a lot of Muslims and a decent sized refugee community and nothing has ever happened here with our refugees. Europe has issues with Muslim refugees and immigrants in particular (especially France) due to their poor treatment of Muslims in those nations from an (recent) historical basis. Muslims have never been ostracized here in America like they have been in France, which is why you really don't see any Muslim enclaves in America and our Muslim population is predominantly labeled as "white" and they make out pretty well in life.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Clinton and Obama is Freaking Our!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but never in the past have I ever seen a president get up and speak against a candidate running for the POTUS, like Obama has? He calls Trump Unfit....????

Now regardless of what you think, that is beside the point I'm trying to make here, so....

But for our President to stand up and call another candidate unfit, speaks volumes about our President....
don't you think....? He is a very mean spirited person....when he said this, just look at his face....I mean, Whoa?

(this is not a thread about Trump being unfit)

Trump is also making a statement that the election is rigged....

I know for a fact, that there were 3 districts in Philly during our last election, that didn't have one, not one republican vote?
Trump probably knows some inside information that Trump has not released dealing with both parties for years. It is unusual for any standing president to go this far. This must be first in Election History for the US.
I suspect with the Liberal Media going after Trump, The pools are actual tighter and Trump probably has more leads than Clinton. All the gains the Progressive / Liberals have made are at stake if Trump wins and he will!

Old 08-02-2016, 03:06 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don't recall so many of a nominee's own party being unwilling to endorse their party nominee and/ or making certain the public knows the nominee does not speak for them or the party.

I don't recall a Speaker of the House feeling compelled to make clear that his own party's nominee does not speak for Congress.

I don't recall a former primary candidate being given a prime time slot in his party's convention and not endorse the nominee.

I don't recall a former presidential nominee refusing to endorse a subsequent party nominee.

I don't recall 2 alive former presidents decling to endorse their party's nominee.

I don't recall a sitting governor declining to endorse or attend his own party's convention in his own state.
Yep. It just illustrates perfectly that anyone who doesn't support and vote for Donald Trump has a literal death wish for their future. Unless you're a One World Government, Zionist, Communist then you want Hillary.

The whole Zionist controlled NWO is against him which means anyone who cares about not living in a third world police state should be for him.

Don't ignore him like you ignored Ross Perot. Don't make the same mistake twice. This is another, probably the last, chance to maybe begin to save what's left of this country and the West in general. If we throw it away the next and only option that may be left is physical and violent resistance.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black and it is silly IMO to think that "race division" is "worse than it was the 60s." I am not divided from anyone and am not naive enough to believe that the media tells the truth about reality all the time. I know a lot of people of different races and we all get along just fine as I'm sure you do as well if you live in a diverse area. Media over blows the whole "racial divide" today and people are naive enough to see stuff in the media and think it is always true. Those are the people who need to "think outside of the box."

And I agree people are disatisfied with the state of the country, but they can be disgusted about that and Trump and a majority are both.

I personally don't think anything in particular about refugees in France or Germany, that is another thing that media spouts to people to make you more afraid of "other" people. I grew up in an area with a lot of Muslims and a decent sized refugee community and nothing has ever happened here with our refugees. Europe has issues with Muslim refugees and immigrants in particular (especially France) due to their poor treatment of Muslims in those nations from an (recent) historical basis. Muslims have never been ostracized here in America like they have been in France, which is why you really don't see any Muslim enclaves in America and our Muslim population is predominantly labeled as "white" and they make out pretty well in life.
You're right about the media overblowing things, but this is being done on purpose. The powers that be want division. I'm glad to hear that you don't believe everything the media tells you, but many do.

The recent Orlando shooting, many things don't add up. From how many people could actually fit in that club, witnesses who mentioned more than one shooter getting cut off interviews. and let's just say the reaction of those supposedly in the club. Familiar with the term "crisis actors"? You bring that up to many people and they give you a blank stare, because they lack critical thinking skills, only focused on their stuff(many today thanks to social media are very self involved), now we have idiots chasing down a make believe character and getting injured or killed on their phones. You think these people ever stop and think or analyze anything?

There is footage of refugees coming in on a train and throwing back food and water(men) because it was being handed out by Christians, and actually France has bent over backwards for them. It was a few years back when mass rioting occurred throughout France(that went on for weeks) and they almost lost control of their own country that they started clamping down. Hungry was criticized a few months back for being racist and uncaring by not taking any of them in. Well they're not having the issues other European nations are.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:26 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Trump as been a member of that elite group, of the rich and famous, The World Trade Organization.
Trump nor any other individual on the planet are members of the World Trade Organization, only national governments are members... so sorry but know Trump has never been an attendee of a WTO meeting.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:01 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Sh** !!! Obama fears Trump..............I FEAR TRUMP !! As should every sane person on this planet.

Don

Old 08-02-2016, 04:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but never in the past have I ever seen a president get up and speak against a candidate running for the POTUS, like Obama has? He calls Trump Unfit....????

Now regardless of what you think, that is beside the point I'm trying to make here, so....

But for our President to stand up and call another candidate unfit, speaks volumes about our President....
don't you think....? He is a very mean spirited person....when he said this, just look at his face....I mean, Whoa?

(this is not a thread about Trump being unfit)

Trump is also making a statement that the election is rigged....

I know for a fact, that there were 3 districts in Philly during our last election, that didn't have one, not one republican vote?
one guy is a community organizer and the other is a guy who built a lot of things from the ground up and the community organizer is calling the guy who 'builds things' and creates jobs 'unfit'.

funny how if anyone who met Obama in the last 7.5 years asked "mr president, do you think that I could be president someday?" he would say "absolutely, you can be anything you want to be"

of course, trump is 'unfit' but everyone else 'can be what they want to be'

Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
[quote=cremebrulee;44986578]I have never in my lifetime, seen a President, go against another candidate like Obama is doing....

and if he cared so much about this country....he would put into effect our laws, which are already on the books and abide by them.

you'd think he thought this was "his America".

Regardless of what you think of Trump,Hillary or Obama, I have never seen a president get up and speak dirty of another human being, like I've seen Obama do....several times now and it to me, is in very bad taste.[/QUOTE

I have never seen a nominee so unable to control himself as Donald J Trump.

His own party is attacking him or making it very clear he does not represent the party.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Obama also said he would clear his calendar in October for just campaigning. Seriously? All that is going on in this country and the world and you can do that?

Your average office worker if they said "well in Oct I am just going to work on XYZ and nothing else", OK and who does the rest of your work? They would be told "you need to do your job, all of it".
Who is watching the store in Indiana and NJ while their governors campaign across the country?

Who is minding the store as every Senator and House Rep up for reelection focuses on ther own reelection?

Who was minding the store when Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama spent a year fund raising and campaigning for their own reelections?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies