Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 07:35 AM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times

Advertisements

The way I see it Hillary is a mess of lies and scandals and sooner than later she will not be able to lie, get pass or wiggle her way out of prison.
Is she the best that the Dems have?

On the other side we have the GOP and they are acting like a bunch of jerks breaking their pledge to support the nominee which in my mind makes them liars. The GOP led Congress has also not done half of what hey promised us in blocking some of Obamas schemes.

What good are any of them. The more we hear and see the more it seems that they are all out for themselves while the country and the rest of us take a back seat.

Washington is so out of touch. If Hillary gets in she will not be popular and the country will take a nose dive. With Trump he will not be popular due to he hard decisions that he will have to make to set us back on course.
This election is a bust with either Bozo getting elected but if the country survives the next 4 years will we see a real alternative emerge in a independent party the next go around?
Will people finally get sick of the old style politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 07:50 AM

8,091 posts, read 12,813,893 times
A lot of people will say "you are throwing away your vote" by voting third party. They seem to think voting for the lesser of two evils will somehow help our country. We're in this mess BECAUSE we have kept the status quo for many decades. Why not shake things up and get rid of the established ruling class? They are putting their thirst for power above what is best for our country.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times
Nobody 2016: Leadership we can trust

Old 08-13-2016, 08:55 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,284,000 times
Here's my write-in vote for a tripartite Presidency:

Economic issues: Jon Huntsman
Social issues: Gary Johnson
Foreign issues: Jim Webb

Old 08-13-2016, 08:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Here's my write-in vote for a tripartite Presidency:

Economic issues: Jon Huntsman
Social issues: Gary Johnson
Foreign issues: Jim Webb
Hillary can be your IT guy.

Trump can be your press secretary.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

Is Trump better than Hillary? Yes. However, he is not POTUS material and should not hold that office. I will not vote for him nor support him.

The real problem we have are all of the partisan cheerleaders who are so emotionally invested in "their party" that they will cast integrity into the garbage heap like the condom beinhg used on them.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
I am an independent and don't care about partisan. I will not be voting for either nominee.

Not likely my life is going to change for better or worse regardless of who is elected.
I don't attribute or blame my outcomes on a president.

Most of the promises/ intention made during campaign season require Congress to approve. Congress is not going to play ball on everything and some initiatives will not be pursued.

I have a fantasy that Micky Mouse will recieve more votes than either candidate.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:30 PM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times
What scares me the most is that Hillary will have the opportunity to nominate one or two Supreme Court Justices and suddenly things such as gun rights can be going going gone.

The way Congress has been acting lately by giving Obama much of what he asks for they will surely be push over for Hillary. Do they fear being called a racist by blocking Obama? Well being a sexist is not much better.

The only thing we have to fear is a fundamental change to America.

There is another thread here on CD that discusses George Bush and his fear that he will be the last Republican President.
Well Georgy maaybe if you your Bro and Dad got behind the GOP nominee that wouldn't be the case. Trump is not the ideal candidate but he might actually be the last hope.

One side or the other is sure that their candidate will save the country and the other will destroy it. It is petty politics and a game to them but this time the stakes are high. If we survive will the people finally be fed up by politics.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:35 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,957,588 times
This is the ideal election to vote third-party. It is 100% known that Hillary will be an unmitigated disaster of scandals and corruption. There is probably a 95% chance that Trump would be a horrible President and, quite possibly, a trojan horse liberal. Add to that the fact that the GOP establishment fools opposing Trump are worse than he is.

Given all that, there is less to lose this year by voting third party than has been the case in living memory.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,302,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The way I see it Hillary is a mess of lies and scandals and sooner than later she will not be able to lie, get pass or wiggle her way out of prison. Is she the best that the Dems have?
On the other side we have the GOP and they are acting like a bunch of jerks breaking their pledge to support the nominee which in my mind makes them liars. The GOP led Congress has also not done half of what hey promised us in blocking some of Obamas schemes.
What good are any of them. The more we hear and see the more it seems that they are all out for themselves while the country and the rest of us take a back seat.
Washington is so out of touch. If Hillary gets in she will not be popular and the country will take a nose dive. With Trump he will not be popular due to he hard decisions that he will have to make to set us back on course.
This election is a bust with either Bozo getting elected but if the country survives the next 4 years will we see a real alternative emerge in a independent party the next go around?
Will people finally get sick of the old style politics?
How about everyone vote the way they want to without input not asked for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies