Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 08:06 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This is probably true, but now it's totally out of control. It will take some true leadership to get this energy back into a positive direction and Obama will not be the one to do it.
I don't think government has anything to do with the leadership of a private organization.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:09 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,630,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Listen, I agree that the BLM has really not done themselves a favor, at all, with the crap they've been doing. But I think that it was formed in good conscience. I think the founders, the people at the top who matter, they don't condone this stuff. Unfortunately, it's the people who don't care about anything, they want to blame others, that are at the heart of the nonsense that happens.
That's what I thought until I looked at their website. They are ridiculous, and have been from the start.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:09 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Eventually, property owners will fight back against those who are trying to destroy their life's work and businesses. Eventually, police will be given the OK by politicians to protect themselves from assassins and the police will become a more militarized force.
No they will not. They will demand appeasement because they actually have something to lose.

Quote:
Society will not stand for this violence for long. Unfortunately, law abiding citizens will pay for the behavior of the few lawless who just wanted some free Pampers or hated cops.

I agree. Violence will be fought with violence at some point. Probably why gun sales are experiencing record highs.
Few will be willing to pay the price because they have too much to lose.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,044,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Dude, every time I post righteous information you pop up like a nugget...

I love your sense of humor, I gotta admit that. Righteous LOL I admit I spit my water out when I read that. I'm glad folks can try to extract at least some humor out of all this. "righteous" LOL dang, man, thanks for the much needed light moment on this thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So exactly WHAT do the citizens of the neighborhoods that get burned down/looted have to do with anything you claim are the problems?
Sometimes nothing.

Quote:
Go trash a police station (if you dare) or loot city hall if that's the solution you think is the way to get your point across but there's NO justification other than ignorance and childish lashing out for hurting those who have no control over anything you complain about.
We all have control. We refuse to use it.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
One option is NOT to riot and burn down buildings! I don't care what they think will happen in court. Rioting is not the answer. Courts are a viable option. There are many, including appeals courts and the Supreme Court. If BLM would try to reform the justice system, including paying for good legal defense for poor people, and getting public attention on injustice in a civil manner, then people would be much more willing to listen. But rioting is exactly the opposite of what they should do. If you want public opinion on your side, don't do that.
They've been working in the system for decades. Why should a prosecutor be able to lie and cheat in a court of law and not be held accountable for that? Who is trying to change that? No one.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:17 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Listen, I agree that the BLM has really not done themselves a favor, at all, with the crap they've been doing. But I think that it was formed in good conscience. I think the founders, the people at the top who matter, they don't condone this stuff. Unfortunately, it's the people who don't care about anything, they want to blame others, that are at the heart of the nonsense that happens.
When Martin Luther King was working toward change, he was front and center telling people that violence wasn't the answer.

BLM fancies itself as the new civil rights movement, yet nobody in the group does what King did.

Not to mention, when the leaders tweet things like, "Ramp it up" during protests, what do you think that means???

They're inciting this.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:18 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,630,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, but I have gnawing feeling that I might get looked at badly for the stupidity of hood rats.
I don't think so. If you look like a nice man, and act like a nice man, and don't dress like a hood rat, then most white people assume you're a nice man. At least I do.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,149,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Not EVERYONE. I used to, but my sympathy is running low. I refuse to feel guilty because I was born white. You'd have to speak to my parents about that biological conspiracy. I'll never understand that white guilt concept. Should the 3 cowards that killed my cousin because he was white feel any guilt about being hateful racist blacks? I bet they felt SO tough 3 on 1, especially someone who was always minding his own business. My cousin is gone, all past wrong avenged, right? All past and present wrongs were righted by killing him, right? How did killing an innocent white person improve the plight of blacks in America? Maybe in BLM world there are no innocent whites, right? Real brave souls these black "heroes" Real tough to gang up on someone, or be backed up by a mob when you commit your "rightful acts of vengeance against whitey. Safety in numbers, I guess. Cowards
I don't support rioting for no reason or murdering innocent people so you're asking the wrong person.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:20 PM

73,157 posts, read 62,859,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word is today's KKK ain't that bad; it's those neo nazi skinheads that make me edgy. Tho their kind have the rep of getting locked up real fast, just like their hood rat cousins.
The KKK is still bad, but they're quieter. Neo-Nazis are younger and like loose cannons. KKK are a bunch of men in their late 30s and up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies