Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 08:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When Martin Luther King was working toward change, he was front and center telling people that violence wasn't the answer.

BLM fancies itself as the new civil rights movement, yet nobody in the group does what King did.

Not to mention, when the leaders tweet things like, "Ramp it up" during protests, what do you think that means???

They're inciting this.
No idea why you posted this. I never said that BLM wasn't responsible for many of these things. Maybe reread my post?

Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Here is someone who completely disagrees with you. How do you reconcile your statement/beliefs with his and Malcom X's comments that he references:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDjsOXEdbxk

Obviously you can disagree with him, but his comments fly in the face of your statement that "everyone with integrity supports BLM." Does he lack integrity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Everyone with integrity supports BLM. Obama isn't the only one..

Old 08-14-2016, 08:25 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't think so. If you look like a nice man, and act like a nice man, and don't dress like a hood rat, then most white people assume you're a nice man. At least I do.
Well, I am starting to see racial tensions rise where I live. I've actually been accosted a few times. One person told me to my face that he didn't like the majority of Blacks. While most of the people around me don't seem to treat me like some hood rat, I have seen some things get rather crazy.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:31 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
When Martin Luther King was working toward change, he was front and center telling people that violence wasn't the answer.

BLM fancies itself as the new civil rights movement, yet nobody in the group does what King did.

Not to mention, when the leaders tweet things like, "Ramp it up" during protests, what do you think that means???

They're inciting this.
It's been 50 years since King and the discrimination is still alive and well. How long do you argue for non violence? Another 50 years?

Old 08-14-2016, 08:40 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They've been working in the system for decades. Why should a prosecutor be able to lie and cheat in a court of law and not be held accountable for that? Who is trying to change that? No one.
Why doesn't BLM? Honestly, the prosecutors are not allowed to cheat, and if credible evidence is presented, then they get prosecuted and disbarred. It happened in Texas a few years ago. It should happen more frequently. I noticed the Innocence Project (founded by Barry Schect) was partly responsible for this happening, but most importantly, the released man made sure his prosecutor turned judge got convicted for his crime.

First Prosecutor Jailed for Deliberately Convicting Innocent Man

Mike Nifong, the prosecutor in the Duke Lacrosse case got disbarred, as I am sure many other prosecutors have. They may not get criminally charged like the Texas case, but there are remedies.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:40 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:

They're inciting this.

Bingo. BLM = Black Panthers

Old 08-14-2016, 08:42 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Arrest record isn't a criminal record. "Dirt nap" is just showing your racism. Glad to know it's the west coast for you.
Sure all my friends and I have 20 arrests each, many for violent crimes, but we aren't criminals..

Old 08-14-2016, 08:44 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I am starting to see racial tensions rise where I live. I've actually been accosted a few times. One person told me to my face that he didn't like the majority of Blacks. While most of the people around me don't seem to treat me like some hood rat, I have seen some things get rather crazy.
I'm not sure where you live, but I don't think that happens very much where I live near Houston. Though honestly, how would I know? I'm not a black person so I really don't know what they encounter around here, but most interactions I witness seem civil and friendly. Maybe I have rose colored glasses though.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:44 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How does "dirt nap" have ANYTHING to do with race? Jesus, this is why people laugh at liberals.
Exactly.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:45 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why doesn't BLM? Honestly, the prosecutors are not allowed to cheat, and if credible evidence is presented, then they get prosecuted and disbarred. It happened in Texas a few years ago. It should happen more frequently. I noticed the Innocence Project (founded by Barry Schect) was partly responsible for this happening, but most importantly, the released man made sure his prosecutor turned judge got convicted for his crime.

First Prosecutor Jailed for Deliberately Convicting Innocent Man

Mike Nifong, the prosecutor in the Duke Lacrosse case got disbarred, as I am sure many other prosecutors have. They may not get criminally charged like the Texas case, but there are remedies.
The only remedy is being criminally charged just the same as they would do to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies