Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:15 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

She and her dad knew what they were doing.

They traveled to South Africa where she shot and posed with zebra and giraffe.

There have been several such controversies the past few years where young girls faced backlash over hunting photos. Seems like an attention grab for sure, we all know how anything on social media spreads fast. Looks like they're itching to provoke and become the new 'heroes' for the gun movement.

https://gma.yahoo.com/12-old-girl-fa...opstories.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 01:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
I guess the bleeding hearts don't realize that hunting trips like that feed the African locals.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:21 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I guess the bleeding hearts don't realize that hunting trips like that feed the African locals.
Poaching feeds locals too, but that doesn't make it right.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:31 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Pictures, in the field, with the animals harvested? On an African , once in a lifetime, hunt? Now why would anyone do that? Sheesh, but these bunny huggers need to get a life. So they don't hunt, they can't stomach the idea, so don't hung and don't look at the pictures of other people's hunts. Nobody is forcing anyone toook at this girls FB page.

How's that kldd song go? "Just mind your own business, and you won't be minding mine".

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
That is a shame. However, it is the age of 'social media', where anonymous people are quick to condemn, with perfect safety to themselves.

I do not hunt, but I am glad that she says she will not give up hunting. More and more hunting in sub-Sahara African is controlled, with mainly ill or problem animals being allowed to be hunted by local authorities. I did not even get upset over the Trump sons hunting, since I believe they killed a sickly elephant (and paid a lot to do so, which money often goes to the rangers to protect the herds).

Of course, I am sure that local predators that would have liked to bring down that elephant, but such is life.

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Locals can hunt also, they don't need some foreign trophy hunter to fly in and do it for them.. plus locals don't traditionally eat game meat,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Diet
Traditionally, the Maasai diet consisted of raw meat, raw milk, and raw blood from cattle.
The Maasai do not eat game meat, and use the bodies of their killed lions for three products; the mane, tail and claws. The mane is beaded by women of the community, and given back to the hunter, who wears it over his head on special occasions.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:32 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Poaching feeds locals too, but that doesn't make it right.
Poaching does not bring the money in, they were legal, because you don't like it does not make it so....

Old 08-17-2016, 02:36 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Locals can hunt also, they don't need some foreign trophy hunter to fly in and do it for them.. plus locals don't traditionally eat game meat,

Traditionally, the Maasai diet consisted of raw meat, raw milk, and raw blood from cattle.
The Maasai do not eat game meat, and use the bodies of their killed lions for three products; the mane, tail and claws. The mane is beaded by women of the community, and given back to the hunter, who wears it over his head on special occasions.

The "Hunting farm" disagrees with you...

Quote:
He also said that the meat from the animals they killed was donated to a local village and will feed 800 orphans over the next month.
An she is receiving death threats....I suppose people such as you are o.k. with that....

And the local hunter don't bring in the $$$$

Old 08-17-2016, 02:41 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

OK. So, the locals can hunt, but they don't use the meat for anything. So, why should they hunt? What not let the bwana come in, drop some coin on them, and take what is probably a problem animal out of their hair? Culling animals is a chore to them, so seems sensible to me for them to just sit back and get paid for someone else to do the work. They aren't stupid. They're thinking bwana is the stupid one. (Shrug)

Plus, if trophy hunting is so contemptable a practice, aren't the Massai just trophy hunters? After all, a slain lion is used only for very little, in the end. Yep, just a trophy. In light of all this, your post seems...contradictory. Or, am I missing something here. Hidden sarcasm, perhaps?

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-17-2016 at 03:12 PM..

Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Quote:
So by that logic sex tourism should be encouraged because it will feed the families of exploited children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies