Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You should have listened to Don Lemon tonight gushing over how good blacks have it. Last year he was reporting from Ferguson showing proof how blacks are, wait for it, shot and their towns go up in flames. Let Trump say that and all of a sudden blacks are doing great, live in upscale neighborhoods and send their kids to private schools.
So what? Are you mad?

Again, who makes up this "we" that you refer to as not knowing these things?

Interesting that you know so little about other groups in your own country.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Mr. Sailer doesn't seem to write about the science, he seems to focus on the politics.
I've probably read >90% of everything Sailer has ever written. You've read one article? Yes, he does write extensively about the science of race, among many other things, and if you are actually interested then... google and read. Or ask me any specific question on the topic and I could probably tell you his view (or my own).
Quote:
I don't believe humanity advances through struggles in which groups claiming to be superior triumph over those they consider inferior, neither does Mr. Pinker.
Not sure exactly what you are talking about here... the ethics of colonialism... slavery... supremacist government? I certainly don't advocate any of those things but that seems a topic for a different thread.
Quote:
Promoting a political agenda whether based on pseudoscience or willfull misunderstanding is an abuse of reason.
Agreed 100%. That is exactly what race realism seeks to avoid.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
“Race science” was already in retreat in the 1930s, but despite dramatic changes in the cultural and scientific landscape, never entirely disappeared.
Notice how race science is put in quotes, as if a good faith effort to study and understand human population groups through the scientific method is not possible or does not really exist.
Quote:
Studies of Black and White brain size are still published in academic journals.
Why shouldn't they be? Isn't it always better to know what is true? Why should any area of inquiry be off limits?

Old 08-27-2016, 09:15 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Just letting you know, I'm done here. G'night & have a pleasant tomorrow.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:08 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Good to know. Now write to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and every black congressman to stop complaining about black lives and how they remain impoverished and downtrodden. There is nothing wrong with downtown Baltimore, Detroit, Newark and other thriving Democrat cities. Amazing. Trump changed black lives in one speech.
Good Lord, you are hopeless.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:13 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Most blacks are middle class.

I wondered why the ghetto blacks in big cities claim racism and want special treatment in America from police when they burn down cities considering there are lots of low class whites in the same boat: ignorant, unemployed, welfare families for generations.

If people don't graduate high school, have illegitimate kids, and get arrested numerous times they ain't employable. It isn't race holding them back. It is life choices.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, it's amazing how quickly the spin can change... and kind of depressing that nobody posting here so far seems to understand the point you are making.
They were too busy trying to spin the spin back to the way it was previously spun. That's the liberal way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies