Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
i know logic isn't a strong suit with you people, but why do we arrest women for drunk driving if they cannot be held responsible for their actions? Why do we hold drunk men responsible for their actions? What if a man is drunk with a sober woman? No paternity?

So my suggestion is for men to get drunk and have sex with sober women. You don't even have to pay for an abortion in that case.

How's that sound , lefties?

Sounds like you HAVE been drinking, definitely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 01:17 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
I read this article about the ban this morning as well, and my first thought (much like when it comes to gun violence) is that the alcohol is not to blame, people are to blame. Then I got to thinking about the effects of intoxication, and that maybe alcohol can be implicated to some degree, but still it is people that use and/or abuse alcohol. Maybe a gun has similar intoxicating effects on some people, but ultimately whether booze or guns are involved, they do not serve as defense when it comes to committing acts of crime and violence. At a minimum, poor judgment is behind people acting badly, sometimes along with plain evil. Good judgment is a rather rare characteristic as often evidenced in these threads, also as evidenced by the rise of Trump. IOWs, good judgment is in short supply and very difficult to instill in most people, even good people let alone bad people.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-brock-turner

Because nobody has ever raped anyone while drunk off beer or wine .
Ah, the liberal mantra of taking away rights to address a problem raises its ugly head again.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:26 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure how to make sense of comments like these, but the act of one Stanford student
in this case does not exactly represent the "future intellectual class of our civilization," right? I mean..., hello?
OK, I'll learn ya.

The title of the link in the OP is :
Stanford bans liquor from parties.
Theretofore the act of a single student will now affect many student that go to Stanford. When I say the left sucks at logic, I just can't emphasis just how utterly bereft of sense they are.

So instead of screening for responsible adults , they are going to go with prohibition and chopping down every crab apple tree on campus.

Quote:
You also really need to do a better job of understanding "the left." For example, have you some sort of notion that someone who leans toward the more liberal way of things would argue against your right to be critical of Kim Jung-un?
Nah , I just think can't understand basic concepts. At least when dealing with Conservatives I blow past the 75 IQ limit and only end up with counterintuitive traffic jams , ignorance or brain washing. They do know what to do with a hand wipe.

Quote:
The rest of your comment is even harder to understand, though you are right about one significant insight on your part, there is evil in the world. You been drinking?
Well, I sit on a stump that just don't get it even on the second time around. I used a literary device known as a metaphor.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Sounds like you HAVE been drinking, definitely!

Yeah you got me.....

How about you tell me why a drunk man having sex with a sober women does not relieve him of all legal paternity using the same standard.

Could you do that?

Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Ah, the liberal mantra of taking away rights to address a problem raises its ugly head again.
That was the head? I thought it dropped something and bent over to pick it up.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Instead of teaching women not to get inebriated around men...
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Or perhaps teaching men that an inebriated women can't say yes.
'Instead'? 'Or'?

How about 'and'?

I'm pretty sure Stanford students are more than capable of keeping in mind more than one tenet of wisdom (or common sense) at a time.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:38 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Or perhaps teaching men that an inebriated women can't say yes.
Dont make other people responsible to determine if you are drunk. You got drunk by yourself.

This is why drunks can kill people and suffer nary any punishment. Oh, they didn't intend to kill someone, they got drunk and accidentally killed a family in a car.

Oh, she didn't know she was drunk and couldn't say no, it was the body parts between her legs talking.

Some women act as if they are inebriated all the time. Men are supposed to give them a breathalyzer test first?

You can't tell a drunk from someone acting stupidly or who has a speech impediment. Making anyone else other than you responsible for what you do is why women face some of the problems they do. Women are backing themselves into a corner.

They demand men take them seriously yet the first thing we hear is that if a woman is drunk then its the mans responsibility to know it and treat them accordingly.

Fine, you're making men reaponsible for your inability to make decisions.

Remember that.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Instead of teaching women not to get inebriated around men...
Why you assume only women get raped?

Old 08-23-2016, 01:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I wish Stanford, and many other similar colleges, would ban students from consuming alcohol on or off campus as part of their code of conduct to curb sexual assaults and other problems. I think they need a taste of losing freedom at a young age in order to impress upon them how ridiculous it is to take away freedoms of everyone, including themselves, in order to address an issue limited to a small number of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies