Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 11:21 PM

32,217 posts, read 15,201,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
You all must not have got the memo that the national anthem was written by Francis Scott Key. Who was a racist and a slave-owner and deemed blacks as inferior.

Does it make more sense why he may not want to say it?

No it doesn't. This was hundreds of years ago. Time to get over it because we are all Americans now

Old 08-27-2016, 11:22 PM

1,229 posts, read 862,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Kapernick is a remarkable athlete. I'm supportive of people that follow their convictions...in his case, it might be for attention. The QB position requires leadership which requires sacrifice and intelligence...I'm not convinced Kapernick has it. I would have trouble accepting leadership of one given so much and then acting in such a way unless he fully backed up his reasons.
He is a remarkable athlete and can probably still throw a baseball over 100 miles per hour. He's got 4.4-4.5 speed....and while imature at times, is definitely a leader.

But what most don't realize, is intelligence is highly nuanced. You can give someone a problem and tell them to solve it....and they may find the answer. But how long does it take them to find the answer?

In the context of a football IQ and processing information quickly, Kapernick is very slow. If on his first read, the intended receiver is covered....and then he looks off that receiver and moves to alternate recievers, by the time he should have realesed the ball to the third reciever, he's either taken off running, pursued by an outside linebacker for a sack, or someone in the nickel has read his eyes and knows where the ball is going.

With Brady, Rogers, Manning and a few others.....reading the the whole field with super clarity and processing that information very fast is inate and second nature. Essentially, processing the information very fast is instrinsic to who they really are.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,490,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
ps are you black or is it just the name (and the intellect)
Here we see a quote by a racist that implies that if you are black, then you have deficient intellect.

And then these goons act incredulous when people point out that they're racist. And furthermore, they have the audacity to even try to pander for black votes by pretending they care about the plight of the average black person.

Conservatives trying to appeal to the black vote: "You're all pathetic and have nothing to lose - vote for me!"

Old 08-27-2016, 11:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,575,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I fail to see how this is an election issue.
It's not. It's just the OP's excuse for a racist rant.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,490,541 times
This has to be the most ridiculously dumb thread of the week. An embarrassment such that even the usual conservative bottom-feeders are steering clear of defending it.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:00 AM

1,544 posts, read 929,771 times
So long as he's not doing harm to anybody in the physical sense, I don't see the big deal.

White person stands for his/her beliefs = gets called a "hero."

Black person stands for his/her beliefs = gets called an [N-word].

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Kaepernick has every right to express his beliefs at a time and place he sees fitting, and others have the right to disagree.

This is democracy in action.
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just curious.....what solutions are these?
Treating any nonwhite citizen as a human being, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is this a protest against Obama. Can you please tell me what republican presidents have done for blacks....absolutely nothing.
Maybe because the POTUS is Black. Even though Bush was a first-class ****-up, they still want to blame Obama for someone else's BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

No it doesn't. This was hundreds of years ago. Time to get over it because we are all Americans now
I have to disagree with you this time. Telling Black people to "get over it" is nothing more than a cop out, equivalent of callig their Black mother a b****. And no, this isn't an excuse to play the victim here. Black souls just need to heal, that's all.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:05 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,293,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
you could say he LOVES the usa and won't stand back and let it go down the tubes. he's willing to risk his fame and fortune to make a statement that we need to clean things up. maybe he went about it the wrong way, but he's doing what he believes is right.
Fame and Fortune? Not a sports fan, are you? He will be lucky if he stays with the team, based on his ability, not his protesting. Not much fame left for him to risk, and I am sure his fortune will remain intact. Seems America has been good to him. Maybe he should get more involved with inner city problems proactively, instead of being a disrespectful P O S !

Old 08-28-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I think that's a tortured reading of his comments.
  • ...country that oppresses black people and people of color...
  • ...bodies in the street...
  • ...getting away with murder...
It seems clear to me he's talking about the "war on innocent black people" being waged by police and white oppressors.
Don't you mean the "war on innocent black people" being waged by BLACK gang bangers and BLACK oppressors?

Oh wait, I forgot that for people like you, Black Lives Matter only when they are killed by white cops, a number that is miniscule compared to those killed by other blacks.

Kaputnick is an ignorant, cowardly, s**tbag, like those who defend him.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, I don't why this has to be explained so often to adults.

If a civilian, including a young black male, shoots another civilian, they do not get paid administrative leave. They don't get any benefit of the doubt like police officers do, almost all do not get off without jail time and they sure as hell don't get to go back to their same line of work as if nothing happened.

That's the difference. There is always due process and accountability when civilians murder, but not with cops.

Extremely, extremely elementary.

Btw, there are plenty of organizations that are rooted in the black community that are focused on black crime and black issues, including TOP and ABC.

Of course, because it isn't spoon fed to you by the media, your finite mind doesn't allow you to believe organizations like that exist.
Well, they certainly keep a low profile. I have NEVER seen Al Sharpton, Cornel West, Farrakhan, or any other pseudo black leader lead a protest in the streets with hundreds of supporters behind them when some innocent kid is killed by gang or drug violence. I know groups do speak out when this happens, Yet all of these guys always find a news camera to protest in front of when a white cop kills a black man. The real black 'outrage' is reserved for white targets.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:52 AM

17,686 posts, read 17,900,216 times
I wish I was as oppressed as him. My white privilege got me my mobile home in a trailer park and a full time job that pays less than $40,000 a year and I drive a Hyundai Elantra. He makes millions throwing a ball, lives in a mansion in California, and drives a Jaguar, among other vehicles; and he's the one oppressed. Dude needs to travel to central Africa without his body guards and see oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies