Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
It's not "crook". It's "crooked", the adjective. As in "deformed".
My Bad, Crooked, not crook. thanks for the correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 08:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
well, the truth is truth.

they put two mentally ill people in a classroom of 30 students. Those 2 become 90% of the problems. And when we ask about the other students rights we get ... You are against special needs.

The reality is, they put 5 - 10 of them in there. Have you ever had a drunk parent of a mentally ill child yelling at you about how you suck and don't understand their child at 10am? Its quite an experience sitting there and pretending they have a valid point.

liberal are kicking us in the groin everyday. I think the country is dead anyway so at least we (rational thinkers) go down fighting.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:23 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Like when Obama made fun of The Special Olympics?

Old 08-29-2016, 08:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please tell me this is parody.
it's certainly got Onion potential.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
But "crooked" also means:

definition:

crooked

(ˈkrʊkɪd) adj 1. bent, angled or winding
2. set at an angle; not straight
3. deformed or contorted

If "crooked" has two meanings, why be deliberately provocative? Why not not just say "dishonest"?
That describes Hillary perfectly

Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Hey op, what word will you be using to describe her?

I think she is Pragmatic, calculated, policy driven, entitled, corporate like I posted earlier, but if I have to use ONE word to describe her, then I really can't find a better word other than Crooked.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
You liberals are really getting desperate, aren't you? What a useless post.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
It's not "crook". It's "crooked", the adjective. As in "deformed".
I have only ever heard the term Crooked used to describe someone who is corrupt. As in a crooked politician, or a crooked cop.
I am 100% sure they weren't using the term crooked to describe a cop with a bad back.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
I think that bolsters my case. The title contains the word "crooked" and the man is described as "deformed" in the text. So there "crooked" is being used to describe someone with a disability.

So it's not a stretch to wonder how Trump is using the word.

It is actually quite a huuuuuge stretch you make here.

If he said that Hillary does not follow the "straight and narrow" instead you would try to translate that into a slight against the gays and the obese with your kind of reasoning.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
I cringe every time Donald Trump uses the word "CROOKED" --- a euphemism for a physical condition--- to describe his opponent.

Trump is using the word "crooked" as a dog whistle against people with disabilities.

Trump sees the word as a way to describe people who, to him, are to be reviled and rejected, as he claims his political opponent should be reviled and rejected for being "crooked".

To Trump, people who are "crooked" are revolting, undesirable, flawed, unworthy, corrupt, no good and worthy of rejection.

Trump is using "Crooked" is a denigrating term meant to appeal purely to people's sight as a way to judge others.

This is how Trump sees people. If you're "crooked", you're automatically worthless and defective.

It reveals something about how Trump sees other people that he would choose a visually descriptive word to describe his opponent in negative light.

People with disabilities often have "crooked" limbs and if Trump finds that word useful in describing the alleged flaws and corruption of his political opponent, what is he thinking about people who are physically "crooked"?

My opinion is this is a man incapable of seeing people with disabilities. People with disabilities will become even more invisible under a Trump presidency than they are now.

What do you have against dogs? Do you hate animals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections