Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 01:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I did some research myself.

I am in california, which is a traditionally deep blue state.

An average of YouGov surveys over the past two weeks indicates that Sanders primary voters who say they will vote for a third-party candidate are, by about a 3-to-1 ratio, more likely to choose Clinton than Trump when the third-party candidates aren’t an option. A full-throated Sanders endorsement could push many of these voters into the Clinton column, even with third-party candidates on the ballot. Their shift would make Clinton’s margin over Trump in the national polls about the same with third-party candidates as without.

In the breakdown of the poll, Johnson drew four percent of the Republican vote, two percent of the Democratic vote and 10 percent of independents. Stein, a physician and two-time candidate for governor of Massachusetts, drew one percent of the Republican vote, three percent of Democrats and 7 percent of more liberal-leaning independents.

So maybe a Third-Party Run Could Hurt Clinton More Than Trump.

My bet is they stay home and don't waste their time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So, in 2008, the unhinged were convinced that Obama was a Muslim who was going to destroy America, and after 8 years, there would be no more America and the world was going to end.

However, now that his "reign" (another example of the dumpster fire that is the education system) is almost over, the only reason we didn't have more terror attacks by Muslims on U.S. soil is...well, because Obama is a Muslim.

Un. Hinged.
And if Trump is elected and there are a bunch of terrorist attacks it will be because he's not Muslim.

So, ignoring the fact that Obama is not a Muslim, according to the OP, we should be electing a Muslim for president. Right? That's the best way to prevent terrorist attacks?

Old 08-30-2016, 07:18 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
And if Trump is elected and there are a bunch of terrorist attacks it will be because he's not Muslim.

So, ignoring the fact that Obama is not a Muslim, according to the OP, we should be electing a Muslim for president. Right? That's the best way to prevent terrorist attacks?
Lol, hurts the brain, doesn't it.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:52 PM

57,363 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A birther is someone who believes that Obama was not born in the U.S. therefore, he is not a President

I don't care where he was born, actually.....

I'm saying he is Muslim, that doesn't make me a birther

and just because someone believes in something you don't doesn't make them unhinged...stop with the personal attacks...if you don't have something constructive to offer, move on, b/c some of us want to have a productive conversation....
Anyone that believes that Obama is a Muslim is just Birther-Lite. do you have any record of him attending a Mosque?

You actually believe he is the reason for a lack of a major attack, others blame him for a lack of action because of the attacks, no win.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:47 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,962,966 times
I don't really care what that scumbag is, but wasn't his father a muslim? That would make him a muslim doesn't? I think this was argued before. He is a muslim.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:37 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
We can all agree, he sympathizes and supports Islam. But stating he is a Muslim will immediately have people ignore you.
No..WE cannot all agree...on anything..as far as I can tell..but you are right..when someone states an obvious falsehood---they tend to get ignored!

Old 08-31-2016, 05:39 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I don't really care what that scumbag is, but wasn't his father a muslim? That would make him a muslim doesn't? I think this was argued before. He is a muslim.
HuH---really..so by that logic..religion is an inherited trait? Mom and Dad Christian--you're born a Christian--Mom and Dad an Atheist--you're born an Atheist??

Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
HuH---really..so by that logic..religion is an inherited trait? Mom and Dad Christian--you're born a Christian--Mom and Dad an Atheist--you're born an Atheist??
Lol. What is wrong with these people?

Again, he drinks beer, eats pork, doesn't fast for Ramadan, if he was kneeling and praying toward Mecca five times a day surely someone would have noticed this by now.

I don't think he's an adherent of any particular religion.

Yes, I know, the cremebrulees of the world will dance around and shriek that he's hiding his religion to carry out his nefarious plans.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:17 AM

57,363 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol. What is wrong with these people?
Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:20 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be willing to bet, b/c Obama is Muslim.....is why we haven't had many terrorist attacks. However, under his reign...there have been more and more Muslims coming to America then ever before, not to mention, now 10,000 more refuges....

I bet, if and when Trump takes over, we will have terroriit attacks out the gazoo...then they'll say,
Ah, hah, look see, they are attacking b/c of the Republicans.

Will be interesting to see what happen if Trump is elected.
What are you talking about? We have had terrorist attacks during Obama's time in office. Quite a few actually. Boston bombing, San Bernadino, Fort Hood, Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies