Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 05:06 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
YOU don't do the hiring of police officers.

Enough said!

"I also have the right not to employ you"

Actually, in today's PC world , you might have a problem with that.

Some could file discrimination charges against you.
Actually....
In my career I sat on oral boards for six months,,,, we interview about 30000 applicants to fill 300 positions at a time...we are given great leeway to score an applicant ... physical appearance being one metric .,..and as I learned and have always taught in life every day from hire to retire is a job interview . ..

You have no right to be hired at any point in the process and you can be fired without cause during your one year probationary period After probation you can be fired for cause..failing to maintain uniforms standards could be an extreme case... but possible BTW the wearing of tattoos is not a protected class . .. you might try them as some ethnic right but it would be a scam

So...yes I have hired many policemen,,at least in my part of the process. ..and I've fired a couple too,,by washing them out of field training ...not for tats but for not cutting it .

Do you have tattoos?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:15 PM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
There is still an eagle on the coat of arms of Germany today so it's not necessarily racist.

I am sure a lot of people want a German eagle tattoo but they don't want to be accused of being racists.

The problem I have with this person is that she has septum ring, nose ring, and several huge tattoos, I am sure she wouldn't be so happy if people make assumption because of her own appearance.

Why not giving people benefit of the doubt first?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies