Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 02:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Why would anyone want a vasectomy?
To absolutely prevent an unwanted child from being conceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 02:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
The last thing we wanted was some prescription chemical birth control. That was out of the question. Pulling out, cycle timing, and using mechanical barriers (condoms) were all getting really old. We did consider mechanical-only IUD. But we didn't need something reversible and didn't want to have another tie to the medical establishment. So we compared tubal ligation to vasectomy -- general vs local anesthetic, 5 days rest vs. 2 days rest, 99.2% vs. 99.9% effective, length and intrusiveness of procedure, etc. The vasectomy just made sense from every angle.

Would recommend without reservation.

Think I will pass.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:07 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
The last thing we wanted was some prescription chemical birth control. That was out of the question. Pulling out, cycle timing, and using mechanical barriers (condoms) were all getting really old. We did consider mechanical-only IUD. But we didn't need something reversible and didn't want to have another tie to the medical establishment. So we compared tubal ligation to vasectomy -- general vs local anesthetic, 5 days rest vs. 2 days rest, 99.2% vs. 99.9% effective, length and intrusiveness of procedure, etc. The vasectomy just made sense from every angle.

Would recommend without reservation.
You are very brave. Good for you, and your girl is very lucky to have you.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:47 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Vasectomy changes sex from procreational to recreational, It works for a lot of folks.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:40 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Why would anyone want children?

Old 09-02-2016, 07:11 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Ridiculous. People should get a tax credit for getting vasectomies, if anything.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:15 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times
No thanks. Got 4 kids want at least 1 more. If we are done then fine. But I will NEVER get it done. NO WAY!

Old 09-02-2016, 10:52 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Responsible thing to do if you don't want kids.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Why would anyone want children?
That ain't for you or me to decide if talking about other people. Some people DO like and want kids and, I'll tip my hat to their kind unless those people are junkies or something even worse.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:47 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My SIL just got his only days before he has to go back to work after Summer School break. Doctor would not consider it before during the Summer until his younger son turned 6 months. His older child is 2 years old. This is absurd. It sounds like nothing has changed since we had our second daughter 32 years ago and went through the same BS. People in their 30's with as many or none as they want are going to change their minds, especially in 2016? Your SECOND child could die before 6 months? Well, maybe then you will only have ONE child then, or NONE. What is wrong with an ONLY child? "What if BOTH die?" Remain childless or ADOPT? What is wrong with either? Why are these doctors treating adults like children? To save themselves maybe?

I cannot believe nothing has changed in 32 years since my husband had his vasectomy. What in the world are doctors saying to men who don't want ANY CHILDREN at all? No, your cannot have a vasectomy at all if your don't already have children over 6 months old? Is it the same for women who wish to remain childless?

Of course, stupid adults would never decide to remain childless, or even have only ONE child. Why in the world is this still happening in the 21st Century?Not getting into the Racist aspect of this.
Not sure why this is on the politics board. I'm baffled by the first paragraph altogether. "My SIL just got his only days before he has to go back to work after Summer School break. Doctor would not consider it before during the Summer until his younger son turned 6 months." What? Trying to break this down, it's SIL's brother or husband that was refused a vasectomy by a doctor who thought he should wait? Find a new doctor. There are no laws against vasectomies whether the SIL (brother? Brother in law?) is on summer break or babies are six months old or.........I give up. Anyhoo, many Planned Parenthoods (Those naughty places that seemingly only provide abortions) have surgi-centers that provide vasectomies whether it's summer break or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies