Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of voter ID? Yes or No!
Yes, as Americans have the right to have only eligible voters, vote! 198 91.24%
No! Americans are honest and will not scam the system so no ID is needed. 19 8.76%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
1. Ok so who else shouldn't vote. In the U.S. the vast majority of the population is eligible to vote.

2. Not really. The mail in ballot does not need to be filled in or mailed from the address. It is possible to intercept mail. Mail in ballots have to highest fraud rate.

If you attempt to enter the same polling place twice, you could be spotted. Heck I once had to enter a polling place twice because I had to help an relative vote and I thought someone would take her and yes they did spot me. I also had to enter twice because they were not ready in the mourning and they spotted me that evening.

3. Ok, how does one vote illegally more than once at a polling place?
1. People who would vote multiple times

2. Yeah, they're going to be checking mailboxes every day.

3. Easy, you look up names by addresses in a precinct, check if they are registered. If they aren't registered, register them by mail and go to early voting and vote under that name. You could do it a few times in each precinct in multiple precincts. It wouldn't be difficult for a person to vote 20 times or more. If a few people do this, it could change some local elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,999,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

1. People who would vote multiple times

2. Yeah, they're going to be checking mailboxes every day.

3. Easy, you look up names by addresses in a precinct, check if they are registered. If they aren't registered, register them by mail and go to early voting and vote under that name. You could do it a few times in each precinct in multiple precincts. It wouldn't be difficult for a person to vote 20 times or more. If a few people do this, it could change some local elections.
1. People who would vote multiple times(future tense) have not committed voter fraud until they actually vote more than once and a mail in ballot is a smarter way to do it. You could request the ballot and then go to the poll. Or you could collect the ballots of family members and vote for them. How about that son or daughter that moved out of state, but was living with you.

2. They checked the mailing box at 6 p.m. when they got off work. Jose the radical communist gardener saw the ballot when he came to mow the lawn at 3. They don't report the missing ballot in time.

3. Ok, the problem remains. How do you enter the same polling place twice and not get spotted by election workers. There are only so many polling places and not everyone is going to be on the same ballot at each polling place.

How do you look up people that ARE NOT registered to vote. There is no mater list. And how do you register them by mail without proving citizenship and ID?

There is a list of people who are registered to vote and you might be able to get that list, but that is about it. You could randomly check voters registrations but in this state you would need name, birth date and zipcode.

If you attempt to take someone else's vote and they show up, the vote can be contested(won't count). And if you come later than them, you won't get the chance.

Last edited by chirack; 09-08-2016 at 07:52 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 08:09 PM

1. So if you control voting fraud 100%, you just give up? Sorry, but we need to do the best we can, and ID is a valid and logical method at the polls.

2. Jose the gardener. Wow, that's a bit racist. But, refer to 1.

3. I guess I forgot about all the poll workers with photographic memories that can describe the hundreds of people they see each day.

I can find out if someone in Houston is registered or not.

Watch. I'll pick out a person in a neighborhood in a precinct and then check their voter registration. Look at the links as I will show an actual person and their registration information.

First I'll go to a neighborhood in Houston. I'll pick Tanglewood.

Second, I'll go to HCAD and pick out a person.

Hcad Acct: 1278830010012

Then I go to the county to check their voting registration status. Yeah, that master list that does exist.

Harris County Tax Office

Now, I see they are registered to vote, so I keep looking until I find someone not registered.

See how incredibly easy that was?

If they aren't registered, the odds of them showing up to vote are extremely remote.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
1. So if you control voting fraud 100%, you just give up? Sorry, but we need to do the best we can, and ID is a valid and logical method at the polls.

3. I guess I forgot about all the poll workers with photographic memories that can describe the hundreds of people they see each day.

Watch.

Then I go to the county to check their voting registration status. Yeah, that master list that does exist.

Harris County Tax Office

Now, I see they are registered to vote, so I keep looking until I find someone not registered.

If they are t registered, the odds of them showing up to vote are extremely remote.
1. It does not control the best and most efficient way to commit fraud which is to use the left over ballot when the polling place closes.

3. In Chicago we have tested facial reconition software if that fits the purpose and yes dear people will remember you if you show up more than once in a day or even after a couple days in a polling place.

Ok, so how do you get the Unregistered person registered without proving citizen and id.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I don't see or understand what it hurts just to have an id, even if there is no fraud, what does it hurt to have one, life needs one anyway
So requiring voter IDs wouldn't exclude anyone? Then maybe you can explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87NN5sdqNt8

Old 09-08-2016, 08:31 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:

Watch. I'll pick out a person in a neighborhood in a precinct and then check their voter registration. Look at the links as I will show an actual person and their registration information.

Harris County Tax Office

If they aren't registered, the odds of them showing up to vote are extremely remote.
But you have a solution in search of a problem. Voter fraud is not a problem.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
1. It does not control the best and most efficient way to commit fraud which is to use the left over ballot when the polling place closes.

3. In Chicago we have tested facial reconition software if that fits the purpose and yes dear people will remember you if you show up more than once in a day or even after a couple days in a polling place.

Ok, so how do you get the Unregistered person registered without proving citizen and id.
1. Once again, we should do our best to prevent fraud even if it won't be 100%.

3. Isn't facial recognition essentially voter ID? After all, they would need a photo to ID you with to use facial recognition, wouldn't they? And, nobody is going to recognize a person coming in three times in a week amongst the hundreds of others that come in.

How do you get an unregistered person registered? ROFLMAO, why are you even debating this when you seem to have zero knowledge about this process.

It's extremely simple, you go into one of dozens of places and pick up a registration card sitting on a desk. You can grab a dozen if you want. You take them home, fill them out and drop off the postage paid card in any postal box. You don't present any ID or paperwork at all.

https://www.hctax.net/Voter/FAQ

Do you still doubt how easy it is even after I essentially proved it to you?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
1. Once again, we should do our best to prevent fraud even if it won't be 100%.

3. Isn't facial recognition essentially voter ID? After all, they would need a photo to ID you with to use facial recognition, wouldn't they? And, nobody is going to recognize a person coming in three times in a week amongst the hundreds of others that come in.

How do you get an unregistered person registered? ROFLMAO, why are you even debating this when you seem to have zero knowledge about this process.

It's extremely simple, you go into one of dozens of places and pick up a registration card sitting on a desk. You can grab a dozen if you want. You take them home, fill them out and drop off the postage paid card in any postal box. You don't present any ID or paperwork at all.

https://www.hctax.net/Voter/FAQ

Do you still doubt how easy it is even after I essentially proved it to you?
1. It does not prevent the worse kind of fraud. It is like buying a gun to protect your home, but not getting a fire alarm and insurance.

2. Not it is not. The software does not require the user to bring anything that isn't present at the polling place. ID can require an extra trip, can expire, can get lost or stolen.

3. Sorry bud but to register to vote in the US you must prove citizenship. This usually means that one document must prove you are a citizen. In my state you need two pieces of id. If the information on the registration cards does not match anyone in the system it will be rejected and the person will not appear in the book. In TX you need a single photo id....so filling out a card by itself won't do anything unless the information from an ID is present.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
So requiring voter IDs wouldn't exclude anyone? Then maybe you can explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87NN5sdqNt8
Explain what?

Voter ID would only exclude some voter fraud not anybody from voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
But you have a solution in search of a problem. Voter fraud is not a problem.
Without ID, there is no way of knowing if people are voting illegally.

It's if we didn't allow any cops to patrol or shoot radar on the highways and then say, "Well, since nobody has gotten a speeding ticket on the highways, that proves nobody is speeding."

I could commit voter fraud in the next election, and nobody would ever know.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:52 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You can't even withdraw you own money from the bank without ID.
Exactly.

You also need a photo ID to rent a car and get a job.

The whole "Voter ID = racist" is played out and baseless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies