Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 01:06 PM

11,836 posts, read 5,816,767 times

Advertisements

What the heck happened to the Democratic party - we got all the loons!

Old 09-07-2016, 01:56 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,035,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet his attorneys sent out cease and desist letters to those who use his NAME on items for sale.

It's easy to see how someone working in a grocery store bakery might think it would be a copyright violation.
The grocery store corrected her error in thinking and said that they would make the cake.
Your comprehension is sorely lacking. It's not his NAME that's the issue.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Your comprehension is sorely lacking. It's not his NAME that's the issue.
Maybe the attorneys don't comprehend what they wrote then. THEY were the ones that wroth NAME in the cease and desist letters. Do they not know what NAME means?

Old 09-07-2016, 02:23 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'd refuse to do it too. Who wants a cake with that idiot's name on it?
How do you know the homosexual cake had idiot names on it?

Old 09-07-2016, 02:49 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
I guess that I am the only one that thinks this is some type of scam by this young, 17 year old girl, pictured in a pool hall with a beer and smoking a cigarette (per the Daily Mail link I provided).

People will do things to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

So! She innocently goes to the grocery store bakery, and requests a cake with the simple name "Trump" on it.

Or so she says.

She may have actually submitted something else, that made the employee afraid of some copyright violation. Refused, she goes home (stopping for a quick drink and smoke, no doubt) and complains about her treatment on Facebook.

Lo and behold! Her tale of woe is immediately picked up by some news site. Her story and name are being discussed, and people are feeling sorry for her, and I would not be surprised if a Go Fund Me account is set up.

Sad!

Old 09-07-2016, 03:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. The baker was probably afraid of being sued by Trump because his name is trademarked, and he has threatened to sue people for putting it on merchandise. Smart baker.

This is what happens when you are dealing with an egomaniacal thin-skinned and extremely litigious celebrity.
Hypocrisy in action folks...

Hypocrites..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You betcha!
........and proud of it.

How's it feel being intellectually bankrupt?

Old 09-07-2016, 03:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
For the record, I believe that any business should have the right to refuse to bake a cake for any reason they want. But Liberal's obvious double standard and hypocrisy on the issue is worth pointing out, and they don't even attempt to justify the double standard with a logical argument. Tolerant of everyone, except those that disagree with them.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump 2016 - not copyrighted material.

Not sure why do you bring up "make America great again." Having copyrighted material doesn't mean he is thin skinned. This only means he is a businessman with a good business mind.

However, Trump 2016 is not copyrighted material, so the baker is only making an excuse here. (I can understand why though. The baker hired a trouble maker employee).
I beg to differ. The bozo sued a family named Trump for using their name.

Honestly--you cannot make this stuff up.

The Trump Files: Donald Sued Other People Named Trump for Using Their Own Name | Mother Jones

Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 PM

77 posts, read 37,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are white males protected by law against blatant discrimination? Last I checked able bodied, cis, white males are the only skin color/sex/gender not protected by discrimination laws. If you read the press consistently able bodied, cis, white males are the source of all evil in the world and must be destroyed!
Geez man that was a powerful statement lol,l but I can mostly agree with that part.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:16 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I guess that I am the only one that thinks this is some type of scam by this young, 17 year old girl, pictured in a pool hall with a beer and smoking a cigarette (per the Daily Mail link I provided).

People will do things to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

So! She innocently goes to the grocery store bakery, and requests a cake with the simple name "Trump" on it.

Or so she says.

She may have actually submitted something else, that made the employee afraid of some copyright violation. Refused, she goes home (stopping for a quick drink and smoke, no doubt) and complains about her treatment on Facebook.

Lo and behold! Her tale of woe is immediately picked up by some news site. Her story and name are being discussed, and people are feeling sorry for her, and I would not be surprised if a Go Fund Me account is set up.

Sad!
Kinda like the baker who refused to make a gay wedding cake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies