Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The difference is the money will be getting a better value than by our failed President.
Based on WHAT other than Donny's BS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 02:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're not supposed to get anything.
Then you are admitting defect and not putting country first. We use our Power in what mode we need to handle Iran who is a threat to the region.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Been saying it for well over a year. When he first began his campaign he said he wanted a military that was so awesome (my word not his) that no one would challenge us. Reminded me of Reagan's Star Wars.
Yeah, well we still somehow keep getting into wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You must not keep up with current news.

The Military budget has been cut to the lowest level in many decades, and it has gotten to the point where "bone yard" planes are being refurbished and put back into service in order to meet the military's needs.

It has also been cut to the point that military experts are saying we could not fight a war on more than one front, if we had to.

Trump has vowed to restore the military. This isn't a "build up." It is restoration, and it is urgently needed.

But I realize you won't agree, because you are an extreme Leftist. It is people of your ilk that have put us in the weak position we are now in.

My freedom and security depend on a strong military. I resent people like you who would sell us out and give our country over to our enemies.
People like me? What rank did you attain in the military?

Anyway, we're spending two to three hundred billion more than we were spending in 2001. Get real.
The Pentagon already gets too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
If paying Iran was somehow honest and overdue because it was " their money" ( from a different government), why did Obama wait 7 1/2 years into his term to give Iran money? Why did he tie this to prisoner exchange? And why didn't bill( Hillary) return this honest money during thair 8 years in office?

"It was there money" then the U.S. would unfreeze drug cartels money too.
We shouldn't be freezing drug cartel's money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
A number of Trump supporters believe the US should completely withdraw its military presence from the Middle East, Europe, Asia and other 'hot spots' around the world. Why then would we need to build up our military?
Because hid supporters are lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Peace through strength is a great proven deterrent..
Didn't stop 9/11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi Deborah View Post
Decision vows that will never work out. I wouldn't consider his words important.
I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Then you are admitting defect and not putting country first. We use our Power in what mode we need to handle Iran who is a threat to the region.
United States isn't in that region. That's none of my business.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
We have to slash veteran benefits and cut the military budget in order to increase welfare for the people who demand welfare and make a life of living off of government handouts never trying to do better for themselves who pump out 4...5..7 babies from baby daddies or is a baby daddy, and we need the extra funds to house those kids in prison once they grow up and become criminals.We also need to be able to pay the illegal immigrants benefits of healthcare, food supliments, and housing when they come over to steal American jobs from ironically many democratic party voters who cry their wages have decreased.

This is the priority of the democratic party elite.
Well, you've managed to hit every false stereotype possible, while demonizing everyone who isn't alt right and you did it in one paragraph. Pretty impressive.
I see that your location is publically posted, "In my mind". Based on this post, I would agree with that assessment.
How does one go on living when they perceive the world as F***ed up as you do?
I am genuinely curious to know how people cope day to day when their perception of the world and the people around them is so hateful and physically damaging to their health?

Thanks for any tips or insight you can provide.

Last edited by mohawkx; 09-08-2016 at 02:31 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 03:10 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's Iran's money, so the alternative was to steal it. Trump said we should steal oil from Iraq, and Libya, so why would he not steal money from other countries.

The more he says, the more he worries me.

I didn't like Wells Fargo either, but I owed them money, so I paid them. That's how it works.
Funny you should say that. The United States Government along with the leaders of Western European Governments likely did steal hundreds of billions of dollars from Gaddafi, or therefore the impoverished people of Libya.

It's not know for sure but Gaddafi--assuming reports are true or close to true--may have been the wealthiest man in human history. Or the second after the Muslim African guy that had that famous caravan centuries ago crossing Africa.

What is known is after killing Gaddafi the US Government confiscated all of the wealth they could find of his wrapped up covertly in various ventures here in the US. The leaders of Western European nations did the same across Europe. Gaddafi was suspect of being worth $100 billion I think. Or maybe it was $200 billion, I can't remember. He also gave the former conservative president of France huge sums out of his (Gaddafi's) personal cash savings. He financed that guy's campaign to become President of France. He is rumored to have given the liberal Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of England, large sums out of his personal savings too. If he was doing that for smaller powrers in relation to the magnitude of power the US has, then one can make an educated guess he personally paid off and enriched (secretly) one or more influential US politicians.

The Western Governments led by the US and France are suspected of having the African Gaddafi extra-judicially executed for one reason or another.

Given there is little transparency all of those billions seemingly "vanished" once US and Western European leaders (or possibly corporate heads too) got their paws on it. If you don't Robin Hood return all those billions to the impoverished in Libya isn't that stealing? Or does running under the banner of a liberal absolve one of all crimes, like the once mafia run Democratic machine of Chicago?

That Western leaders of Europe and the US could have an African leader killed in his own country and replaced by mad dog puppets of the Western nations, seems to me to harken back to the 1700s. And this was carried out under Hillary Clinton.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No...he's a dangerously clueless neophyte, in way over his head--as last night's Forum on MSNBC indicated.
Hardly.

If anyone is dangerous, it is Hillary Clinton. Trump will put us back on the right track.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, you've managed to hit every false stereotype possible, while demonizing everyone who isn't alt right and you did it in one paragraph. Pretty impressive.
I see that your location is publically posted, "In my mind". Based on this post, I would agree with that assessment.
How does one go on living when they perceive the world as F***ed up as you do?
I am genuinely curious to know how people cope day to day when their perception of the world and the people around them is so hateful and physically damaging to their health?

Thanks for any tips or insight you can provide.
I'm saying it the way many people see it. I am not a dedicated right winger by the way. I agree with limiting military expenses except for slashing veteran benefits. I just don't think saving on military spending means we can then spend it on welfare instead and it is true what I say about illegal immigrants getting or wanting benefits while slashing wages when they create competition for legal citizens jobs. You must live in denial otherwise.

What kind of messed up country lets illegals in then feeds and clothes them at the expense of legal citizens? California does but lol....well

Let them apply for citizenship and take the oath THEN they can be rewarded by being a REAL American.

And btw, note before someone twists it into race, I made no mention of color, my opinion applies to white, black and Hispanic leeches equally....

Old 09-08-2016, 03:26 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
We have to slash veteran benefits and cut the military budget in order to increase welfare for the people who demand welfare and make a life of living off of government handouts never trying to do better for themselves who pump out 4...5..7 babies from baby daddies or is a baby daddy, and we need the extra funds to house those kids in prison once they grow up and become criminals.We also need to be able to pay the illegal immigrants benefits of healthcare, food supliments, and housing when they come over to steal American jobs from ironically many democratic party voters who cry their wages have decreased.

This is the priority of the democratic party elite.
Obama and his wife (the First Lady) to their credit have made taking care of homeless veterans a priority. I doubt that would happen under a conservative President. At least not among the status quo conservative leaders.

Among other programs Obama has looked to the HUDVASH program to help eradicate homelessness among US military veterans. And from a stand point of the social science of economics veterans benefits are welfare programs. Or entitlement programs. So is Social Security payments to retirees. And so are the remarkable Government paid pensions to military personnel that retire after 20 years (possible to retire at age 38--wish I was smart enough to have done that--and collect a Federal pension for life) and I think retiring after 30 years rates a military vet 100 percent of his military grade income in pension.

Who else had government early retirement pensions? Fire fighters in Detroit. Their pensions came from the city government (not Federal) and with a loss of industries/jobs, a major decline in the population of the city, and plummeting property values/taxes... the Detroit could no longer pay for all those nice city pension, and filed bankruptcy. Pensions got reduced too for retirees.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Obama and his wife (the First Lady) to their credit have made taking care of homeless veterans a priority. I doubt that would happen under a conservative President. At least not among the status quo conservative leaders.

Among other programs Obama has looked to the HUDVASH program to help eradicate homelessness among US military veterans. And from a stand point of the social science of economics veterans benefits are welfare programs. Or entitlement programs. So is Social Security payments to retirees. And so are the remarkable Government paid pensions to military personnel that retire after 20 years (possible to retire at age 38--wish I was smart enough to have done that--and collect a Federal pension for life) and I think retiring after 30 years rates a military vet 100 percent of his military grade income in pension.

Who else had government early retirement pensions? Fire fighters in Detroit. Their pensions came from the city government (not Federal) and with a loss of industries/jobs, a major decline in the population of the city, and plummeting property values/taxes... the Detroit could no longer pay for all those nice city pension, and filed bankruptcy. Pensions got reduced too for retirees.
Military benefits have changed in the last few years, 20 years service no longer gives the pension it once did. However politicians fall over themselves to be first in line (mostly democratic) to expand welfare and continue illegal immigration benefits or create them.

At least military people did something to deserve a pension or welfare if you want to call it that, what did a illegal immigrant do to deserve welfare?

It's not hate, its common sense, all are welcome when they apply for citizenship (from their country) and are accepted and take a oath. Just crossing a border in the night doesn't cut it.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:06 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
It's not hate, its common sense, all are welcome when they apply for citizenship (from their country) and are accepted and take a oath.
Most are very much not welcome, actually. It's not something you can just apply for and get. A ring on one's finger or a very advanced degree are the basic avenues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies