Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 02:27 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No.
Why?

Both Romney and Hillary proposed it. Trump too (to some extent).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Why?

Both Romney and Hillary proposed it. Trump too (to some extent).
The US has its own PhD grads for those jobs.

I don't care who endorsed it.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:37 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
Quote:
The US has its own PhD grads for those jobs.

I don't care who endorsed it.
A very small portion of Americans have a PhD in STEM majors. And they can always find a job anyway.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
No.
It's stupid that we let a few thousand US educated professionals go back to their home countries so that they can create competitions for us while importing millions of illegal immigrants who can't read dirt.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:06 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Get rid of the H1B. Or eliminate the process to where they can convert it to a green card. Temporary is temporary, do your three years then get out. But no displacement of US workers.
Again, barking at a leaf while completely ignoring the entire forest of 50 million illegals sucking our society dry.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:51 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
OP, you really need to inform yourself more on this issue. H1B is legal, and regardless of your criteria, they are legal in the eyes of the law. H1B folks probably pay way more than they collect due to their temporary workers status: they pay taxes, pay into social security - although why it's required I've no idea, since they will never collect them on H1B visa; and if they lose their job, they can't collect unemployment because they have to leave the country within 30 days. Melanie Trump used H1B visa to work in the US legally as a model before she married Trump and became citizen. I bet your girlfriend used a work visa before she became a citizen too. H1B visa is widely use in Hollywood as well so your favorite British actor / actress might be a temporary foreign worker too using the same visa.

Illegals are the ones who sneak into this country without permit, or visa, and regardless of what you think, they are NOT the same as H1B workers.

I blame US employers' greed and american consumers' quest for "value for money" that drive this temporary worker programs to flourish. That and US kids who are too lazy to do hard work nowadays.
Yes, I know it is legal in the eyes of the law...H1B was created and pushed through to appease the establishment, which consists of all corporations around this country. It benefits only them, and certainly not the working class people of the United States. You can certainly call H1B legal, and the people who take part in it legal, but it is the most vile, contemptible, and degrading foundation of a commerce of termination of the morals and values that build these United States of America. And there is no shame...not one iota of some semblance of humiliation or dishonor to those who lost their lives to build this country. How a country treats it's own people is who they are.

I don't believe any working adult in the U.S. cares a hoot about if this law is legal or not, what it does, is throw the American working class under the bus, like Disney for Instance. They laid off all their American workers and hired people from other countries, and adding insult to injury, those Americans that were laid off, had to train the new people coming in to take their jobs. And this is happening all over our country.

This pathetic act is not only despicable, degrading and demoralizing, but, a disgrace to the American Public.
They don't care about the Americans and their families, if they're going to lose their homes, how they're going to put food int their mouths...the only thing they care about is making more money, at the cost of the American's who built this country.

You can call it legal if you like, what it is, is the rich man's way of throwing every American worker under the bus.

And as far as illegals are concerned, that is exactly what they are, illegal, and to call them anything else, is also disgraceful and unreasonable actions which are unacceptable to the American people. Laws may not always be fair, but they are there for a reason, and our government along with liberal thinking has been destroying any respect for our laws by allowing excessive disregard for the laws of this country.
And adding insult to injury, they take away from our vets, and constantly draw from our money, which is illegal, regarding our social security to give to people that are not working, and would prefer to sit back and live off of the American people.

President Theodore Roosevelt once said, "Ours is a government of liberty, by, through and under the law. No man is above it, and no man is below it."

The American commitment to the rule of law means that every citizen is governed by the same laws, applied through a fair and equal judicial process to resolve disputes peacefully.

Every Citizen. which means, Legal Citizen.

you cannot disobey laws, and not have a consequence for it, and we are just now feeling the consequences of this pathetic behavior.

Laws need to be strict to govern the people...they cannot be ignored, or disobeyed for convenience sake, b/c once you do that, the whole body falls apart.

If you have a cancer you cut it out....you don't ignore it, and allow it to grow and fester, feeding it, until it destroys the body.

That is what liberal thinking has done, it is destroying the actual culture of the American people...

You may not like it, you may disagree, but if you continue to ignore it, your children will suffer the consequences.

Laws are the natural fiber which binds a civilization/culture together. Liberal thinking, is destroying intellectual awareness, faith, social justice and crumbling the already stressed fiber of our being, which hold us together.

We've become a land of lawlessness...and create unfair laws, to justify the greed, status and power. We've become weak minded, and have lost the ability to problem solve. Unreasonable arrogance, is leading us down a dark path of all that will crumble our society. A society which does not speak the same language is one that will surely self destruct. We are becoming as the Roman's and will surely sink into an ocean of destruction. Self destruction....is what liberal thinking reaps.

It is festering our nation, infiltrating our legislative affairs and politics...creeping along throughout every single body of our world, like a vine that will not be put away, by insecticides. All for wealth, power and control.

They've sold us out...we are they're slaves, and you wonder why so many people are leaning towards Trump? Our government is corrupt...and we will not stand up to another 4 years of this despicable behavior. I'm all for, sending everyone home and starting all over again...it will take years to accomplish, but it's at least a start towards doing the right thing.

Our government, our corporations, have lost the one thing which holds society together...morals, for if one possesses morals, they possess respect, if one respects himself, he respects others...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-20-2016 at 05:05 AM..

Old 09-20-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, barking at a leaf while completely ignoring the entire forest of 50 million illegals sucking our society dry.
exactly, if leaving illegals into this country wasn't enough, they also punched us down with the H1B program which allows corporations to lie and actually say there is no one available to take this position, so we're hiring someone from another country? Rubbish....Hell, we might as well avoid sending our kids to college, b/c there won't be any positions for them upon their graduations.

Most of the people of the U.S. do not even know this is going on....why? Because the media won't report on this. They won't show America what is really happening out there....but the police know...the police get calls to these areas where these illegals are living...this was going on 30 years ago...b/c the job I was working, we had a man working on that particular job, who came here from another country and he told fellow workers how he had 3 wives and I don't remember how many kids, all living in the same apartment.

Main Stream American has no idea....none. Not a clue.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
.....can certainly call H1B legal, and the people who take part in it legal, but it is the most vile, contemptible, and degrading foundation of a commerce of termination of the morals and values that build these United States of America. And there is no shame...not one iota of some semblance of humiliation or dishonor to those who lost their lives to build this country. How a country treats it's own people is who they are.

I don't believe any working adult in the U.S. cares a hoot about if this law is legal or not, what it does, is throw the American working class under the bus
Sorry to say, but I rarely see anyone overreact like this. The outrage is starting to look fake. Just saying.....

I have worked with H1Bs for over 20 years, and have seen them help American companies succeed and grow to a point where they have expanded and hired tons of American workers.

You should be far more concerned about US corporations sending the jobs overseas, because we are talking about losing MILLIONS of jobs that way, not 65K people who actually work, live and pay taxes in US.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry to say, but I rarely see anyone overreact like this. The outrage is starting to look fake. Just saying.....

I have worked with H1Bs for over 20 years, and have seen them help American companies succeed and grow to a point where they have expanded and hired tons of American workers.

You should be far more concerned about US corporations sending the jobs overseas, because we are talking about losing MILLIONS of jobs that way, not 65K people who actually work, live and pay taxes in US.
Finn, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and within reason, this might work, as far as my outrage being fake, talk to those who have lost jobs to H1B workers...sorry pal....indeed, it helps American companies succeed and grow...the rich get richer...of course...crunching numbers even more and more. Once again, at whose expense.....it's an outrage.

I am far more concerned about everything that is going wrong in this country, including sending jobs overseas....believe me, it does not go without saying....

and please, don't try and discredit my beliefs by calling it fake....show a little decency by sharing your beliefs and thoughts without trying so desperately to discount someone else's beliefs.

American's unfortunately are being brain washed into abandoning their own beliefs....that is dirty pool and exactly what PC reaps...and is always taken to the extreme.

We're being discredited by name calling, which is nothing more than a propaganda device attaching negative attributes to who I am, b/c you feel like an opponent or who is threatened. Sorry Charlie, doesn't work anymore.

Sensitive issue? Yes, it most certainly is, and I won't have the soul of my characteristics stomped down simply b/c you or anyone else disagrees. It's ok to discuss and disagree, but not ok to discredit someone for believing differently. This name calling is used to belittle someone...and used to win a disagreement, like little 3rd graders.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-20-2016 at 05:45 AM..

Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
This problem you see will be resolved in the Congress. The Congress is controlled by Republicans.

If it is the Republicans who are steamed at the establishment, they will stop it.

While the congressmen gets on tv to get the population all ginned up fighting each other, calling names, etc. they go about doing nothing that would upset the wonderful civic minded American businessman who is ruining the labor market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies