Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This was a perfect commercial as to why there should not be open carry by the way.
No it is not! All he had to do is drop his weapon or never touch it in the first place. He would still be alive - like I am still alive when I had been stopped years ago with a loaded weapon in my possession. There is a possibility that he could have legal problems; but, when you're alive, you can hire lawyers. You can also live a full life; it's your choice.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Past behavior is a strong indicator of future behavior. It lends credence the police reporting of events and and helps to alleviate some of the "why would he act that way" questions. The simple answer is that he has a long history of making bad decisions that "normal" people simply wouldn't make.

There is no evidence that Mr. Scott WAS open carrying. In fact, the presence of the ankle holster suggests the exact opposite - that he was CONCEALED carrying that pistol. Now you may be thinking - "But, hooligan, if it was concealed, how did the police see it?". That is also explained by him having the gun in his hand, not in the holster, when he exited the truck. If the gun is in an ankle holster, covered by his pants leg, the cops wouldn't be shouting "Drop the gun!".

To my knowledge the only suggesting open carry is pknopp, maybe one other poster?
Yes I can understand caution if they were aware of his entire prior history.

According to the police reports they saw the gun on the first trip, how did they see it since he was in the car?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:13 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No it is not! All he had to do is drop his weapon or never touch it in the first place. He would still be alive - like I am still alive when I had been stopped years ago with a loaded weapon in my possession. There is a possibility that he could have legal problems; but, when you're alive, you can hire lawyers. You can also live a full life; it's your choice.
I would not want to be a police officer responsible for figuring out the intentions of someone with a gun, according to Indiana law you don't even have to listen to the police requests to disarm if you feel there is reasonable cause to retain a weapon.

Even though he refused to drop the gun but in other circumstances I could imagine a cop making a mistake when someone exits a car with a gun in hand. Pretty low risk - reward when it comes to having a gun in hand when dealing with police.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,373 times
Quote:
According to the police reports they saw the gun on the first trip, how did they see it since he was in the car?
They saw him smoking weed in his car and decided they had more important things to worry about. But then they saw it in his hands and regrouped to investigate him. If he hadn't acted so foolishly (I'll concede that his brain injury, medication and/or stoned condition might have affected his judgement) he would have faced a minor marijuana charge and a gun charge.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
This is the police report, no where do I see anything regarding him being a felon. They saw the gun and marijuana and decided to arrest him based.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5880cffad372
Play along for a minute and accept as truth that the cops did see him rolling a blunt and with a gun. What would you want cops in your town to do ? Drive away, ignore it, or question the driver about the activity ?

[btw, worse drugs than marijuana can be rolled in a blunt.]

Old 09-27-2016, 06:52 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
And now we have more truth...his baby momma had filed a tro on him ..in it she states he carries a black 9mm

Surprise surprise

Old 09-27-2016, 06:55 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
I would not want to be a police officer responsible for figuring out the intentions of someone with a gun, according to Indiana law you don't even have to listen to the police requests to disarm if you feel there is reasonable cause to retain a weapon.

Even though he refused to drop the gun but in other circumstances I could imagine a cop making a mistake when someone exits a car with a gun in hand. Pretty low risk - reward when it comes to having a gun in hand when dealing with police.
Your boss, in one of these situations, is the police officer. Whatever screwy laws they have in other states; I would still consider myself lucky if I had a verbal command to drop my weapon and I would comply. This has been a long thread. I have shown pictures of how trained quick draw experts can take out five balloons in less than one second and another posted that a self-defense trainer points out that you are dead if you allow the perpetrator to turn their attention in your direction.

All of the speculation in this thread has been speculation. We do have better evidence/information than when we started. More will eventually surface. But we were not there and our survival would not necessarily be a given.

On the surface, as of right now; it looks as if the protestors had nothing to protest. We have to move away from this 'lynch mob' mentality - which I thought we did many years ago. We already have a second Black man shot by a Black protestor - doesn't his life matter?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:26 AM

137 posts, read 79,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And now we have more truth...his baby momma had filed a tro on him ..in it she states he carries a black 9mm

Surprise surprise
Lol yes it's true , but that won't matter to the rioters , they beileve only what they want to , wife could have even staged the whole thing to get rid of him and make money same time

Old 09-27-2016, 08:26 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,373 times
Scott's 7-year prison sentence in Texas was for shooting at someone and then evading arrest.

Man killed by Charlotte police had been sent to prison from San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News

Old 09-27-2016, 08:51 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Scott's 7-year prison sentence in Texas was for shooting at someone and then evading arrest.

Man killed by Charlotte police had been sent to prison from San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News
This guy shouldn't have even been out on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies