Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:12 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Just more hustling from Trump.

Stop and Frisk is certainly legal. But it's laughable that a president would "implement it nationwide". How's he gonna do that?

Police officers have a chain of command. The street cops will do what is best and as the boss asks them to. If they need to frisk someone they will.

Want to see REAL trouble? Pass a law that says no one may be frisked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:13 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Wow. Donald Trump really is close to being a facist. He doesn't realize this is against the 4th amendment.

Trump: I would implement nationwide stop and frisk policing - NY Daily News
Facist? Excuse me! Stop and Frisk will be expanded to any city/region that's well beyond the national average for crime.
In other words, most Democrat-controlled cities.
Few people would disagree with that-----unless there's a motive for the continuation of inner-city violence.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
He should go to some more black churches and say that. See how well that would go over in person.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Facist? Excuse me! Stop and Frisk will be expanded to any city/region that's well beyond the national average for crime.
In other words, most Democrat-controlled cities.
Few people would disagree with that-----unless there's a motive for the continuation of inner-city violence.
Except for the fact that stop and frisk was found to violate the 4th and the 14th amendments by a federal judge.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It was ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge.
https://ccrjustice.org/home/press-ce...risk-practices

So the TSA is "unconstitutional" every time one wants to fly??? How about when I go to a football game and frisked before entering?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:23 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Wow. Donald Trump really is close to being a facist. He doesn't realize this is against the 4th amendment.

Trump: I would implement nationwide stop and frisk policing - NY Daily News
This is only one of many proposals he has made which defy our Constitution. The other day, he was advocating being able to file libel lawsuits against reporters that opposed him. Direct attack on the 1st amendment.

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws."

Therefore I am not surprised that Trump would attack other areas of the Constitution. What's ironic abut it is that his supporters will avidly agree with these proposals, all the while exalting that Trump is "going to make America great again". When Trump gets through you will not recognize the America we once knew - he will change it to reflect His image.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
So the TSA is "unconstitutional" every time one wants to fly??? How about when I go to a football game and frisked before entering?
Try again. Searching everyone entering a place is not the same as picking out a particular race to stop walking down a public street.

https://ccrjustice.org/home/press-ce...risk-practices

Old 09-22-2016, 09:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Pretty sure he can't order something that he has no power to do. This is simply him speaking to the base.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:45 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
He was only talking about Chicago.

Stop & Frisk took New York from a battleground to a civil city.

Even Bloomberg kept it in place.

It doesn't have to stick around forever, and it's not the policy now,
but to say it had no impact in reducing crime, like DiBlasio does, is a lie.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You choose to undergo these procedures when you voluntarily decide to fly somewhere or enter a stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies