Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 03:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

I think they are trying to take over Mosul before the election ... not a bad idea strategically and politically ...

Source: US weighs 500 more troops for Iraq - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 03:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
The Iraq war ended years ago.......................or so we were told and promised. There is no way still being there can be a political winner for anyone.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Iraq war ended years ago.......................or so we were told and promised. There is no way still being there can be a political winner for anyone.
Taking over Mosul is about ISIS, not Iraq. We are at war with ISIS and should be.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Taking over Mosul is about ISIS, not Iraq. We are at war with ISIS and should be.
Arm them....at war with them.....I wish someone would make up their mind.

It wasn't long ago that you called it the never ending mistake.

Iraq -- Never ending mistake

Of course, that wasn't in a presidential election year.

Before that it was.....

Quote:
Thanks to GW for realizing his mistake and establishing the plan for exit and thanks to Obama for following that plan as he promised to do. Now, if Obama will heed Biden's thoughts, and quit trying to build a "New Afghanistan" but make that into a Special Ops effort against Al Qaeda and Taliban, the better.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Arm them....at war with them.....I wish someone would make up their mind.

It wasn't long ago that you called it the never ending mistake.

Iraq -- Never ending mistake

Of course, that wasn't in a presidential election year.

Before that it was.....
It was and still is a mistake to try to build a Country, but supporting the Iraq forces, such as they are, is much preferable than sending in our ground troops plus it helps us with our goal of eliminating ISIS who is a threat to us and all the rest of the world.. It is not only us that is helping Iraq.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
It was and still is a mistake to try to build a Country, but supporting the Iraq forces, such as they are, is much preferable than sending in our ground troops plus it helps us with our goal of eliminating ISIS who is a threat to us and all the rest of the world.. It is not only us that is helping Iraq.
Because that has worked so well in the past? It has never worked.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
I think they are trying to take over Mosul before the election ... not a bad idea strategically and politically
I doubt the city will be liberated before the election. By the end of Obama's term, maybe...

Old 09-24-2016, 10:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Why do we give other people our weapons. In the old days, they got our outdated crap, but never the exact stuff we have.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why do we give other people our weapons. In the old days, they got our outdated crap, but never the exact stuff we have.
Because the left claims President Obama is smarter and wiser than any President before him. Certainly, couldn't be that President Obama has been trying to remove Assad, stand down to Putin, arm Iran with nuclear weapons, killing Syrian soldiers fighting ISIS, while having our military run like frightened kittens from brand new vehicles with keys left in them ......no none of this is really happening!

Old 09-24-2016, 12:55 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
I'm not sure Kerry's "Plan B" involves eliminating ISIS.

The US Government says it has a slew of Plan B's if ceasefires go south. What is interesting is the US Government doesn't mind informing non-Americans they have a Plan B or many Plan B's but they keep their Plan B warnings secret from American citizens.

Plan B might involve helping ISIS take over parts of Syria while the US and NATO attacks Syrian military bases.

But let's say the US Government wanted to eliminate ISIS. I mean as in really wanted to and not half heartedly. I believe in the bang for the buck conception. You know... how a 3 month course in CNC machining operations can land you jobs starting off between $15 and $18 an hour. In contrast a bachelor degree and then an extra 4 years in law school can land a person with a J.D. in criminal law earning a salary equivalent to $15 and hour while having over $200,000 in student loan debt. That latter is not a good bang for your buck. So, too, one might ask what the US people are getting for the astronomically high cost, most expensive military in the world, if it can't even take out a 10th rate military if the US amassed ground troops for a ground war against ISIS?

If we lack resolve and balls then fine. But let's quit spending so much money on a bloated military we can talk about but not use.

The US and NATO have a more belligerent mouth and grab their balls more when talking about fighting Russia--a nuclear power. They talk about ISIS and they turn into little mice that want to be "cautious." Mentally challenged adults.

The US is lucky I'm not President. Because I would go before the troops of the US Marine Corps, from private on up standing in formation, and tell them to prepare for honor and glory, as battle is imminent. I intend to send them overseas not just for the chance to have medals pinned upon their chests. but to drive their enemy into despair and into the ground. To crush their enemy under foot as if we were mighty elephants. To--as in the tradition of the Corps--to win the whole F---'N thing. To bring them back branded victors over the armies of hell. I want the skies darkened, the screams of their people to reach my doorsteps, and their blood on our bayonets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies