Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 05:11 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

SQ: I have to trust my grape seed extract is authentic. For me NOT taking allergy/sinus drugs or seeing allergist for 21 yrs is enough for me. And no headaches in all these yrs. And good eye and gum health all these yrs. If it doesn't contain grape seeds then I really don't care, it works. Why should you care?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
There is no shortage of people that need help..

No conspiracy necessary. Add to that the shear number of baby boomers that are going to need services in the very near future, it is certainly not a conspiracy to keep people sick.

Now I won't deny that there are far too many people looking at the $$ than the money.

And that needs to change with real Healthcare reform. Focus on the people not big insurance/pharmacy.

So Many people are sheepeople and don't work on their own health. Then when things go wrong, off they run to the doctors to help them.

Change starts with #1.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:54 PM

Medical Error Deaths: No one has exact numbers, so they go with approximations:

How Many Die From Medical Mistakes In U.S. Hospitals? : Shots - Health News : NPR

Old 09-27-2016, 07:12 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Medical Error Deaths: No one has exact numbers, so they go with approximations:

How Many Die From Medical Mistakes In U.S. Hospitals? : Shots - Health News : NPR
Why that number is misleading - and probably not true.

Do medical errors really kill a quarter of a million people a year in the US? – Respectful Insolence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAyMYdQcwV4

Old 09-27-2016, 07:14 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
My mother has been cured from breast cancer...twice....by medical science, great doctors and nurses, technology, and medication. A family member had hyperthryroidism which was cured with surgery and medication she will take for life. $1.00 a day. Without both, she would have died. I have several family members with diabetes type 2. Without their (inexpensive) insulin medication they would have died decades ago.

The OP is incorrect.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawgs View Post
lol @ this thread.

Time to start buying tinfoil in bulk OP.

Lol I was just typing that...

Now excuse me while I go call a doctor.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
Your son is one of the fortunate survivors and I HOPE he continues with his survival. Many do not make it and I've seen those die horrid deaths.
Yes Suzy I hope he continues to get better

Old 09-27-2016, 08:30 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
I don't stop at one site, I keep reading as many come up. Another number that has come up is

400,000's some deaths annually including surgeries, drugs, etc etc.

I live with a botched hip surgery and I didn't die but my life sure has died a lot. A friend went thru this surgery and while rehabing fell and hit her head and died, wonder if her death was among the 400,000 .. so I'm sure so many are not even reported in the so called stats.

STAY AWAY FROM DOCS AND HOSPITALS...I know this now more than ever in my life.
Nothing is perfect, mistakes can be made. Sorry about your bad surgery.

As an internist I have cared for thousands of patients that have had orthopedic surgery over the years (including myself more than once), and the vast majority have significantly benefited with improved activity and lifestyle. Botched surgeries and deaths are not common.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Nothing is perfect, mistakes can be made. Sorry about your bad surgery.

As an internist I have cared for thousands of patients that have had orthopedic surgery over the years (including myself more than once), and the vast majority have significantly benefited with improved activity and lifestyle. Botched surgeries and deaths are not common.
I could lead you to replacement sites and those with plenty of problems.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
It's a huge game that has been going on for decades.

There was talking about "curing" the common cold when I was a kid.

And forget that "run for cancer cures". Cancer is mega business.

My sister counted on mega $1000's in drugs to slow down the MS she is challenged with, she is
totally worse and has so declined.

It's NOT in the Industry's best interests to CURE AND HEAL. They have to answer to stockholders, major pharma companies....

Keep developing drugs to keep more bandaids going, keep patients coming back.

And Keep THEM all employed.

A game they play and MOST fall for it.

Pharma Industry isn't the only game in town, but a huge one.
I won't even bother going into the science of why this is wrong, and just stick to the economics.

First of all, not every organization conducing medical research is for profit. Example, public universities do research and develop new technology in order to be universities. Universities conduct research, for those of you who didn't know. That's the difference between a university and a college. Now, money still matters to them. To get public funds, they simply have to conduct research. If they're working in cancer treatment, finding a cure would hardly be off limits to them. Just to hammer this point down, let's say the University of Iowa develops a cure for cancer. What parent wouldn't want to send their child to the university that cure ****ing cancer? Imagine the money they'd get for developing that cure. Imagine the fame and notoriety that person who developed it would receive?

That's another thing; it's not just the money. Even the for profit researchers understand that a cure to a high profile disease like cancer would bring them loads of money. And fame. If you're a researcher, even if the secret illuminate told you not to, you'd share the cure to cancer. You'd be invited to lectures, write books, have a movie about you; you'd die extremely rich if you cured cancer. And the company the cures cancers has a competitive edge over the company that just treats it. In a free market world where profit driven motive is essential, if a cure is available from company A, no one is going to buy treatment from company B, which motives both company A and B to try and develop a cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies