Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 11:55 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,672,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I get a kick out of the commercials for these new wonder drugs. Introducing bla, bla, bla...
Warning taking bla, bla, bla may cause blindness, heart palpatations, head ache, tremors....
In other words you will have to take other drugs to counter the side effects of the drug you are taking.
I am very skeptical of new wonder drugs. Especially the "fast-tracked" ones....payola to the FDA.

Avandia and Rezulin for diabetes were pulled from the market after bad side effects surfaced.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:02 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I am very skeptical of new wonder drugs. Especially the "fast-tracked" ones....payola to the FDA.

Avandia and Rezulin for diabetes were pulled from the market after bad side effects surfaced.
I have a friend who struggles with Type 2 and she's talked about the many drugs and SIDE EFFECTS her doctors have "pushed" on her. She seems to do best with metformin and of course, keeping her nutrition under control and MOVING.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:09 PM

37,107 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have a friend who struggles with Type 2 and she's talked about the many drugs and SIDE EFFECTS her doctors have "pushed" on her. She seems to do best with metformin and of course, keeping her nutrition under control and MOVING.
Of course she could just not take anything for the diabetes and just wait for the blindness, kidney failure, or a heart attack.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:35 PM

I said my friend takes Metformin. Where did I say she is not taking any drugs for the diabetes?

It's amazing how info gets so twisted.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic
Then why do we have vaccines?
Because they know alot of people WILL HAVE REACTIONS LATER IN LIFE from it and need big pharma!!!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:04 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I said my friend takes Metformin. Where did I say she is not taking any drugs for the diabetes?

It's amazing how info gets so twisted.
If you click on my avatar you will see an actual picture of me before they removed the fish hook. I spent three days in the hospital because of my little fishing accident. That was about 20 years ago. They gave me whatever medication my doctor prescribed and I was happy they did. Up until three years ago I did not even need glasses to drive and now I only need a mild prescription. I still do not have cataracts that need removal. I had a great eye surgeon, good experience with the hospital, and a great follow up treatment.

I do believe in taking only medication that is prescribed - no more or less. I also disapprove of patients asking for medication - which is what all the pharmaceutical advertisements encourage. I have been very lucky; the only 'medication' (other than vaccines) I currently take is potassium citrate for kidney stones and that (going against my own advice) I only take that when I think I feel a kidney stone developing. At some point in the future they will probably try to put me on cholesterol medication - that I am torn on.

In general I think that our medical establishment does a great job. At a few months away from 70 I cannot complain. But doctors and nurses are humans; there is no harm in questioning. Just don't be foolish. Most of the time the side effects from vaccinations are rare. The companies and our government do keep records on all of that and it helps them reformulate new vaccines. These companies would not be in business if there were too many negative reactions.

I have yet to see any alternative medicine that undergoes the scrutiny of our pharmaceutical companies.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:29 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
I have conceded to take metformin again -slowly---I am not sure if I got so sick from my gall bladder or pancreas... but now that the gall bladder was removed - maybe it was no the metformn - to be honest with you -I am terrified of starting it again as I have never been so sick- and in horrible pain-- ER style-- i hate pills !!!!!

Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have conceded to take metformin again -slowly---I am not sure if I got so sick from my gall bladder or pancreas... but now that the gall bladder was removed - maybe it was no the metformn - to be honest with you -I am terrified of starting it again as I have never been so sick- and in horrible pain-- ER style-- i hate pills !!!!!
My wife has asthma and has to take many pills and use inhalers every day. She also hates pills. But the alternative is die or go on Prednisone - which has many negative side effects. Hopefully, someday, we will have better treatments. Until that time we have to do what we have to do to survive.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM

I have YET to see any damage from the 25+ yrs of supplements I take. Can't say that about some drugs I've taken and ended up in ER with ulcer as one example. My daughter ended up in ICU from mega drug interactions that a conventional MD kept her on. She learned the hard way FOR SURE. Almost lost her life.

Those who take Metformin need to take B12 as this B vitamin is depleted with Metformin.

On the asthma and allergies get on OPC's and work to take less of those damaging drugs. And damaging they are. I've posted in the Allergy area since I arrived at C-D.

That prednisone does so much damage, thining of bones for one...it's called the best and worst drug.

Good treatments, not harmful are out there. Open eyes and minds to them.

So many are brainwashed by the $$$ grabbing drug doctors and their lovely TV drug ads..

Old 09-29-2016, 11:32 AM

Just this morning I heard an interview with a father about his child's rare brain tumor. The doctors are doing all they can to save this child as the tumor is inoperable.

So I'm not totally against conventional medicine, believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies