Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 12:35 PM

48,585 posts, read 35,047,383 times

Advertisements

If you are anti-med, that great because no one is forcing you to take anything.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-10-2019, 12:42 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,906,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The problem will solve itself...

Old 10-10-2019, 12:43 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,840,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
/agree

The pharmaceutical industry is the "pre" estate tax. It is meant to start draining the savings of old people while they are alive, under the promise of immortality for as long as you keep shoveling whatever pill down the gullet. My father-in-law lost the ability to speak, move, care for himself, etc for the last two years he was alive, but my mother-in-law got sold hard on the dozen or so prescriptions he had to keep taking all that time, to some ridiculous amount of money per month. Freaking insane, imho.

I made up my mind a long time ago that my nieces and nephews, and even the local animal rescue can make way better use of my savings than me forking it over to Pfizer because I got conned into thinking their pill, and not natural selection and just plain old luck, is why I am still breathing. No freaking way.

If 8-10 hours of sleep per night, black coffee and weightlifting can't cure it, I was meant to die from it. Period, the end. The medical industry and their government lackeys in the halls of power are not getting my savings. No f***ing way. I'd rather light the money on fire.
No way do I want to be propped up and drugged to keep me alive in my twilight years. I read the misery on the Caregivers forum and it makes me sick. This is when I wish I had that little "pill" close by for when I'm done. I'm in good health and no thanks for pharma.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No way do I want to be propped up and drugged to keep me alive in my twilight years. I read the misery on the Caregivers forum and it makes me sick. This is when I wish I had that little "pill" close by for when I'm done. I'm in good health and no thanks for pharma.

Then you are going to stop taking your high blood pressure medicine now? That would accomplish your above goal.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:52 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
If they actually were focused on cure, you wouldn't have to either. /shrug/

Old 10-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Then you are going to stop taking your high blood pressure medicine now? That would accomplish your above goal.
Mikala why does my taking BP meds interest you?

Old 10-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If they actually were focused on cure, you wouldn't have to either. /shrug/

A lot of it is curable by altering your lifestyle. Some is not. I have aggressive RA, no lifestyle changes have affected that, but it has my blood sugar and HBP.

I would have no quality of life without modern meds, I would be crippled (literally) by RA.

Is the industry clean? No, fixes do need to be made.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Mikala why does my taking BP meds interest you?
Because there is a certain degree of hypocrisy to claim you do not want to be propped up by meds, when you are indeed, propped up by meds. At 80 something you cannot claim that you are not in your twilight years.

But that is human nature, every pill you take will be "necessary", and all the pills others take is because big pharma is pushing them onto people.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Because there is a certain degree of hypocrisy to claim you do not want to be propped up by meds, when you are indeed, propped up by meds. At 80 something you cannot claim that you are not in your twilight years.

But that is human nature, every pill you take will be "necessary", and all the pills others take is because big pharma is pushing them onto people.
Oh please, I've been taking BP meds for 20 some yrs I believe and I don't consider that being propped up in my old age.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:23 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The problem will solve itself...
Well, no.

My insurance rates increase more and more and more ... because more and more and more people are chronically ill.

So it DOES affect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies