Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 11:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,566,433 times

Advertisements

Trump Grill Could Be the Worst Restaurant in America | Vanity Fair

Sounds like a dump. All hat, no cattle. Just like our President.

Quote:
On another level, Trump Grill falls somewhat short of that lofty goal. The restaurant features a stingy number of French-ish paintings that look as though they were bought from Home Goods. Wall-sized mirrors serve to make the place look much bigger than it actually is. The bathrooms transport diners to the experience of desperately searching for toilet paper at a Venezuelan grocery store. And like all exclusive bastions of haute cuisine, there is a sandwich board in front advertising two great prix fixe deals.

The allure of Trump’s restaurant, like the candidate, is that it seems like a cheap version of rich. The inconsistent menus—literally, my menu was missing dishes that I found on my dining partners’—were chock-full of steakhouse classics doused with unnecessarily high-end ingredients. The dumplings, for instance, come with soy sauce topped with truffle oil, and the crostini is served with both hummus and ricotta, two exotic ingredients that should still never be combined. The menu itself would like to impress diners with how important it is, randomly capitalizing fancy words like “Prosciutto” and “Julienned” (and, strangely, ”House Salad”).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 09:28 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,173,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Did Obama serve in the US military? Your master did NOT!
Hahaha neither did your Cheeto Jesus. In fact didn't he excuse himself from the draft multiple times?

Old 12-16-2016, 09:33 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
President elect's tweeted reaction to the Trump Grill receiving a lousy restaurant review.

The president-elect just attacked Vanity Fair on Twitter because they gave Trump Grill a bad review
You call that a review?!?!? How many restaurant reviews have you seen in your life? Does VF realize that actual people are employed at this restaurant?

Ladies and gentlemen: exhibit A as to why the liberals have lost America.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:37 AM

14,724 posts, read 14,701,412 times
"The allure of Trump’s restaurant, like the candidate, is that it seems like a cheap version of rich."

That's gotta sting, but you know it was said specifically because the author knew it would get under his skin.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:48 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,810,961 times
It wasn't a legit review so I'm totally on Trumps side. It was a fake review just like the lefties love their fake news from the MSM. This was a Vanity Fair troll review.

The real question is why does the left always support things like this?

So much for taking the high road eh? LOL

If it was a real review from a respected master chef from France or something that could care less about politics then you might have something.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:52 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,895,766 times
Seems like the liberals are upset that Trump attacked their one of their favorite tabloids... Yes, it is a Fake review... I have eaten many places but to call it the "worst"... please, grow up...

Old 12-16-2016, 09:53 AM

993 posts, read 769,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Hahaha neither did your Cheeto Jesus. In fact didn't he excuse himself from the draft multiple times?
You are selling Trump short. He most certainly did serve in the military.

In an interview from 1997, our fearless leader claimed he was a “brave soldier” for avoiding STDs during his single years in the late ’90s.

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider." He elaborated further calling women’s vaginas “potential landmines” and saying “there’s some real danger there.”

Doesn't that count? Gosh, I'd even go as far to call him a war hero 'cause he wasn't captured.

I'm so grateful for the day Trump set me straight about POWs. "He’s not a war hero,” the always eloquent Trump said about Senator McCain. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured."

AND to know that my President's manhood is well proportioned.....well, gee, it just makes me swell with pride.
"Look at those hands, are they small hands?" Trump said during a debate, raising them for all to see. "And, he (he, meaning Rubio) referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

So I think you're being very, very mean to Trump. Stop it.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:59 AM

16,042 posts, read 22,001,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
President elect's tweeted reaction to the Trump Grill receiving a lousy restaurant review.

The president-elect just attacked Vanity Fair on Twitter because they gave Trump Grill a bad review
"The plate must have tilted during its journey from the kitchen to the table, as the steak slumped to the side over the potatoes like a dead body inside a T-boned minivan."

Great analogy, hilarious, made my day.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:11 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,480,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You mean like the current "feelings first" POTUS who can't even say "Radical Islam" when Radical Islam blows/shoots stuff up? Runs trucks in to crowds?
Tweeting complaints about Vanity Fair is a good first step to defeating radical Islam.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:13 AM

14,724 posts, read 14,701,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It wasn't a legit review so I'm totally on Trumps side. It was a fake review just like the lefties love their fake news from the MSM. This was a Vanity Fair troll review.

The real question is why does the left always support things like this?

So much for taking the high road eh? LOL

If it was a real review from a respected master chef from France or something that could care less about politics then you might have something.
Not support as much as a glaring example of his lack of fitness for higher office. He has time to publicly disparage Vanity Fair and SNL but not to undertake necessary intelligence briefings a month before he's to be Commander in Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies