Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 09:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times

Advertisements

This is the type of garbage that gets put on CNN. It's nothing but throwing meaningless **** into a fan and calling it politics.

To answer the absurd question: nether. I wouldn't trust someone I've never met personally to take care of my child. I'm sure if I knew either, I'd be fine with either of them. Both have kids who all seemed to turn out alright. But regardless, if I haven't met them, making a decision on this is irresponsible.

Neither should be president. I'm voting for Clinton purely because I fail to see an alternate route that I'm willing to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 09:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
This is the type of garbage that gets put on CNN. It's nothing but throwing meaningless **** into a fan and calling it politics.

To answer the absurd question: nether. I wouldn't trust someone I've never met personally to take care of my child. I'm sure if I knew either, I'd be fine with either of them. Both have kids who all seemed to turn out alright. But regardless, if I haven't met them, making a decision on this is irresponsible.

Neither should be president. I'm voting for Clinton purely because I fail to see an alternate route that I'm willing to take.
I would submit then, you are not looking hard enough and falling for the meme "there's only two parties" we MUST choose from.

It is not a "garbage" question. It is intended to elicit some actual thinking about the choice we are about to make. Sorry if that bothers you...

Old 10-14-2016, 09:35 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I would submit then, you are not looking hard enough and falling for the meme "there's only two parties" we MUST choose from.

It is not a "garbage" question. It is intended to elicit some actual thinking about the choice we are about to make. Sorry if that bothers you...
So then why not include Gary Johnson and Jill Stein in your post?

Old 10-14-2016, 09:37 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Anyone can tune out what others say about them. If they get offended, that's their problem.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
For two reasons, one, they are not embroiled in the "who's worse" controversy and two, they are not polling high enough as of now to be any kind of contender.
Now as an afterthought, I should have included Evan McMullin from Utah.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:09 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
I'd still pick Gary Johnson. Pretending that he doesn't exist doesn't mean he isn't an option.
LOL
Yeah, throwing your vote away on someone with zero chance of winning is a total cop out.
All one needs to do is pick the lesser of two evils between Trump and Hillary.

To me, all of Trumps shortcomings happened outside of DC, so his actions have not had an effect on our country.
Hillary on the other hand has had direct impact on our country, and not in a good way. The mistakes she made as SoS alone with the so called "Arab Spring" (by throwing Egypt's Hosni Bubarak under the bus for the Muslim Brotherhood), "Russian Reset" (emboldening Putin to take the Crimea with sights set on Ukraine), overthrowing Gaddafi (thereby having him killed and the resulting terrorism that led to the Benghazi massacre), orchestrating the so called "Iran Nuclear Deal"(which led to them being powerful again from having been on their knees from the sanctions), etc., etc.
[On a side note, remember how it was spun by Bill Clinton that he did the best deal with North Korea to keep them from getting nuclear weapons. We all know what a colossal failure that was. Now Hillary has the unmitigated gall to claim the Iran Deal was a success to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons. Sound familiar?]

So while Trump is crass, rude, narcissistic, etc., he will shake up the DC cartel on both sides of the isle. He will also reduce the pay for play. Why else would Wall Street be backing Hillary instead of Trump.
Hillary will be more of the same, if not worse. Bernie supporters were right not to trust her, and inherently knew Bernie was right about all the dirty tricks to scuttle his campaign behind the scenes.
Now with the DNC leaked emails, the proof is there.

Lastly, Trump will appoint better SCOTUS & federal judges to uphold our Constitution, whereas Hillary's picks will eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, and eventually diminish the 1st. That alone is reason enough to vote for Trump.

As to the OP's question, it ties into the above. HOWEVER, to babysit my kids, I wouldn't want either one of them to impart any of their negative attributes. So I'd stay home or find someone with less character flaws to watch my kids.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:10 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
Without question Trump. While the man has an ego, he also has a soft spot in there and does have a heart. Hillary on the other hand comes with Bill. I truly believe these two are monsters of epic proportions and capable of anything. The lengths they will go to lie and cover up are limitless and with people like that, all you need to see is the tip of the iceberg to figure out the rest. Also, look at Trumps kids. All well adjusted adults. I would trust Trump, although likely not the ideal sitter, I would never trust Hillary. She is a snake and I know her ilk all too well.

As for Trump's sexual talk? We've all been there. Everyone says things when they are bragging. I have no issue with him lusting over adult women. Any man with a pair does it in one way or another.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
If I had a girl, Hillary because Trump would probably try to grab her ***** and try to kiss her on the lips. A boy, probably Hillary again. I wouldn't want my son be taught to demean women which obviously Trump has done to his sons. To those who say Bill comes with Hillary, Bill has never gone after women under 18 while Trump called his own daughter "a good piece of ass".

Old 10-14-2016, 10:27 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
For two reasons, one, they are not embroiled in the "who's worse" controversy and two, they are not polling high enough as of now to be any kind of contender.
Now as an afterthought, I should have included Evan McMullin from Utah.
Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states as well as DC, so no McMullin doesn't really fit the same standard.

Regardless of polling, its a legitimate option available to ever voter, just like Trump and Clinton.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Remember that Jill Stein would chose Trump over Hillary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies