Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 03:17 PM

114 posts, read 77,332 times

Advertisements

[quote=geekigurl;45840968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerthonil View Post
Not to long ago I was talking with my 19 year old niece. Just about general stuff but eventually it got to talking about Politics. She is currently in college and talking with her was interesting.

Now I am not saying I believe in whitewashing the past, or that it's wrong to criticize, but talking with her and what she has "learned" along with all the SJW stuff makes me scared what they are being taught and just how so many SJWs and the like on the "America is awful, it has always been awful" thinking without taking into account the times and how things were/are.

Yes, other countries/cultures have had slavery long before us. Some still do. That doesn't make it right. Pointing at other countries or cultures and going "well they did it first/too!!" is something a child would say.

Just because the USSR got involved in a lot of areas it shouldn't have, doesn't mean it was/is ok for us to do it.

No, it was wrong for either country. But just because the USSR did it first, that doesn't make it ok for us. Aren't we supposed to be better than that?

Pointing out the ways we've gone wrong isn't hating America. Acknowledging our faults isn't hate. I think you're being too emotional about this. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging fault.

I doubt very seriously other countries are paying much attention to us in that regard.
In response to the bold, there is a great deal of youth that are not privy to world history unless they are actively seeking out the information. Throughout public education children are continuously reminded that America practiced slavery, though other countries have, less time is spent studying it in other parts of the world. It is not surprising that his niece perceived the egregious act of slavery as solely an American created and practiced concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 04:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
A protest does not equate to hating your country.
Neither does disparaging a President.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:41 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Abner,

The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore. I'm not your neice, I lived when the Soviet Empire was around, and I lived to see it fall. I was reared Catholic and in the Midewest of the USA. The two major forces outside the Soviet Russia that worked for--and helped accomplish--the collapse of the wicked, atheist Soviet Empire were the United States of America (mainly its Federal Government) and the Catholic Church (mainly the Vatican).

Gorbachev himself credited not the US President but Pope John Paul II for collapsing the Soviet Empire. I don't know if you are aware but after the fall of the Soviet Empire it was revealed that the Vatican had been working closely with US intelligence services, like the CIA, as well as the White House, secretly.

The CIA recognized that the global reach of the Catholic Church provided outstanding grass roots level intelligence. So, an alliance was formed.

That I know above the table, that all "non-conspiracy" news and history will accept and agree upon and recount. So, it is not really controversial.

But the Soviet Union no longer exists. The Russians are no more Soviets than my German ancestors or pagan barbarians walking around with wolf and bear fur on them. The political--and anti-Christian--system of Russia was converted. However, the two-party dictatorship of the US never underwent a political conversion. It is worse than ever and has grown more hell bent anti-Christian.

The Crimea is made up of Russians linguistically and in culture. Those people are more Russian than the Mexicans or Syrian Muslims the US moving into the United States. The Crimea was apart of Russia before the US ever existed.

And Russo-phobia is wide spread throughout the USA. The wicked people of this nation still call them communist.

No American has any problem attack the Catholic Church or the Vatican even though it helped them take down their enemies the Soviet Empire. Actually, the Vatican was working covertly with the US Government going back to WWII in which it secretly operated what essentially was an Underground Railroad for escaping US POWs. But where is the gratitude for that? Nada. I don't more than two Americans even know it. Instead, the US adopted old communist propaganda claiming the former Pope during WWII was "Hitler's Pope."

Now, that is the news and history above the table. Underneath the table regarded as "conspiracy theory," the Catholic Church, CIA, and American mafia are married to one another, carrying out the most horrendous crimes across earth, from the Vatican Bank laundering drug money for the CIA and American mafia, to the CIA using heroin profits to run its covert operations, which the heroin sells originally targeted Black-Americans during the Jazz Age. Supposedly, to this very day using Afghanistan heroin, bringing it in the US through military cargo planes and Air Force bases, to sell to Americans. The same Americans they want to lock in prison if they get caught as addicts with heroin on them.

Supposedly, the CIA has been rigging and picking each election of a Pope for a very long time. And supposedly the current Pope is wanted on charges of crimes against humanity for the abductions and murders in Argentina during the right-wing dictatorship, but because the CIA picked him to be Pope and promote the New World Order agenda, LGBTQ love, and new One World Religion, the US Government owned news media protects him and not a word negative is mentioned.

How true all of that is I don't know. But that is the news and history underneath the table.

What I do know is Vladimir Putin is arguably the only Christian leader on earth today of any major country. That alone makes him hated by the anti-Christ New World Order. And I have no king on this earth but Christ himself. The United States can perish to the dustbins of history before I support the Satanic US over the Christian Russia. If the Catholic Church wants to kiss the ring of Satan it can take a fall too.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 13,867 times
Glad to see the responses. Again, I am not saying we should whitewash things or we should never criticize America, but what I am saying is I find it disheartening how in our own country we are being taught by our own liberal professors/institutions how "Evil" America is, and has been, many times not putting things into context.

Going to the slavery angle, I certainly understand talking about slavery in America but why not also point out the Arab slave trade which enslaved nearly 200 million people over a HUGE chunk of which were Africans, as well as a significant portion Europeans. It beginning in the era of the Roman Empire and continuing until the early second half of the 20th century.

Or if you want to talk about the CW era, sure discussing about the Korean war, the Vietnam war is all well and good, but why not also bring up The Hungarian Revolution which saw the Soviets smash resistence groups to a very evil tyrannical regime?

Or the Soviet-Afghan war where they were responsible for killing an estimated 1-2 million Afghanistan civilians. Not to to mention all the heavy handedness THEY did to support terrorist groups and leaders of countries that committed atrocities.

Even something such as Feminism is not at all fair and balanced by those that teach the feminist study courses. I am a woman but I am apalled at a lot of the things they get behind and support or the way they willfully distort the truth, such as the fact no willingness to discuss the horrible women we have such as Hillary, Diane Feinstein, Angela Merkel who are well known for making decisions that actually HURT other women and cause them to be beaten/raped/sexually assaulted but couldn't give a damn about it yet all that matters to them is that there are women in positions of power, they wouldn't care if they were the dark lord of the sith.

Or one thing I honestly just found out a few years ago was that when women were trying to get the right to vote, there were quite a few women that were against it, mostly rich upper class women:

American Women Who Were Anti-Suffragettes : NPR History Dept. : NPR

Quote:
The female leaders of the U.S. anti-suffrage campaign "were generally women of wealth, privilege, social status and even political power," NPR learns from Corrine McConnaughy, who teaches political science at George Washington University and is author of the 2013 The Woman Suffrage Movement in America: A Reassessment. "In short, they were women who were doing, comparatively, quite well under the existing system, with incentives to hang onto a system that privileged them."
I seriously doubt they talk about that in women's study courses.

I just want things to be taught fair and balanced. But it seems as if "America sucks, and this is why" is pretty much the main thing being taught in schools/colleges/universities.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:03 PM

133 posts, read 175,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I don't think he hates this country so much as he holds it to be of no worth.

Which, in reality, is far worse than "hate".
He is PEACEFULLY bringing attention to an injustice in America.

I think Mr. Trump is showing way more hate for America by talking about a rigged election.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:07 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Okay, I see what you are saying, Abner, and I agree.

As I posted in some other thread the former Soviet communist sent agents into the US to sabotage the country from within. Not unlike you see the CIA today doing in countries like Libya and Syria.

And I posted this video in another thread. Video of a former KGB agent that defected to the United States.

He explains what he helped do to the United States. It helps explains a lot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqHv0xgOlc

Old 10-17-2016, 01:24 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Has it become cool to hate America? Of course it has. You're lucky that you don't live in a country where you're executed for opposing the government or who's in charge.

Being said that, I used to love America. Until Obama sank it into the bottom of the ocean like the Titanic.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:41 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Has it become cool to hate America? Of course it has. You're lucky that you don't live in a country where you're executed for opposing the government or who's in charge.

Being said that, I used to love America. Until Obama sank it into the bottom of the ocean like the Titanic.
When you blame a video for Islamic attacks against us, When You trade a defector for Terrorist that return to the battlefield to kill us and our allies, When your AJ sells guns to drug cartels that kill Americans, When your AJ conspires with the husband of your favored next Prez, its easy to have this view.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:30 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
Personally, I am as anti-American as they come - not because of any historical sins, but because of the current American policies that generate waves of violence all over the world. But at the same time I think it is wrong to hate your own country. It means pretty much hating a part of yourself, and self-hatred is a very destructive poison. Noone should ever hate his own homeland and the culture that has shaped him, not even Americans. I have two of those and love them both. I also view this notion of while guilt and self-hatred as another one of the cultural poisons the US exports to other countries.

As for whether it is cool to hate America - unfortunately in many places outside the US it is just the other way around: it is cool to gobble up everything America produces: toys, entertainments, ideologies. I really wish that would change.

Last edited by Norne; 10-17-2016 at 04:39 AM..

Old 10-17-2016, 05:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
It's not "cool" to hate America. That's simply what they're taught to do in today's indoctrination gulags known as educational institutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies