Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad that Al Gore lost in 2000?
Yes 31 26.50%
No 86 73.50%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 11:39 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,811,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I voted for GWB, and i'm sad about it

I am betting that the world would be very different with Al Gore

1) a chance of 9/11 being prevented. The bush whitehouse was so focused on invading IRAQ they ignored the warnings about 9/11. Unlike clinton GWB didn't go after him. There is a chance that a non-deaf Al Gore administration could of prevented 9/11.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/op...ings.html?_r=0

2) no Iraq invasion (no hard on there)

3) no Afghanistan invasion

thus no - ISIS, no syria destruction, etc. . .

so yeah, you have to be clueless about world history not to wish for a different outcome.
I DID NOT vote for GWB, but still remember me sitting on pins and needles while he pushed the button for WAR. Talk about War Crimes...Oil Crimes more like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:43 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,150,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He didn't find something to prosecute Ted Kennedy and Bwany for?

Besides, Al was busy. He hadn't finished inventing the internet by 2000.

Another urban rumor. He never said it. DH was paying close attention because he attended many conferences having to do with communication where Al Gore was the speaker or a participant. His job required it.

According to dh, Al Gore, while in the Senate was instrumental in pushing for and getting funding for an internet connection in every house.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:46 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,807,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Technically AL Gore lost. They kept counting every Chad and the numbers still were more votes for Bush.
Actually... they found out later that one county had thrown out more than 20,000 votes. Gore lost by barely 500 votes, so it is likely he actually won FL.

The only reason I voted NO is because I think Gore is an arrogant elitist with a 2x4 up his arse. He is part of the Clinton mafia and right now I'm sick of all political crime families, most of all Clinton and Bush.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:46 AM

One major thing we KNOW FOR SURE, the weapons industries are being kept well and very active and wealthy. Sick Sick Sick Americans for all this misery.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,962,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
One major thing we KNOW FOR SURE, the weapons industries are being kept well and very active and wealthy. Sick Sick Sick Americans for all this misery.
Yeah-it's hard to say if anything would have been different with Gore; It certainly wouldn't have been different with Kerry in 2004.
He had more money invested in war corporations than any other politician at the time. He was looking to make a killing-literally and figuratively.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Yeah-it's hard to say if anything would have been different with Gore; It certainly wouldn't have been different with Kerry in 2004.
He had more money invested in war corporations than any other politician at the time. He was looking to make a killing-literally and figuratively.
We don't know anything for sure but what GWB and his cronies did to the world.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:10 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,322,050 times
democrats have more vote fraud, so not really. We need the president changing parties anyways... having the government get too one sided towards any party is not a good thing. Gridlock is good because both sides think they know what's best for everyone and want to over-regulate people's lives.

Until democrats give up the war on guns and republicans give up the war on drugs, especially marijuana, I maintain my opinion.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:27 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,620,275 times
Dubya was a disaster but Gore would not have been much better. I voted for Ralph Nader. And if I had to go back and do it again knowing what I know now, I would still vote for Ralph Nader.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:42 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that Al Gore would have been a better president than Bush. We wouldn't have had the Bush tax cuts, we might have kept the budget surplus and done great things with it, and we almost certainly wouldn't have gotten entangled in Iraq.
Allowing taxpayers to keep more of their money is not a bad thing.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,662,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
As for me, Yes, I do; indeed, I still think that Al Gore would have probably been a better President than George W. Bush was.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
GW Bush winning that election "literally" caused economic destruction in America and destruction in the world.

GW Bush's tax cuts for the richest 1% of Americans added $3.5 trillion dollars to our national debt. And then Obama in his negotiations with republicans extended 82% of the Bush tax cuts adding an additional $2.7 trillion dollars to our national debt.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
Budget Deal Makes Permanent 82 Percent of President Bush

Democrats do not practice supply side economics and Al Gore would not have done those tax cuts, and if the tax cuts were never done they could not have been extended in future negotiations. Al Gore's victory would have stopped $6.2 trillion dollars from being added to our national debt.

And GW Bush (as a favor to the oil corporations that financed his campaign) abandoned the Kyoto Protocol global warming treaty. Future global warming projections show the Earth getting 0.5F.-8.6F. warmer depending on future greenhouse gas emissions. Al Gore would have embraced the Kyoto Protocol and GW Bush's victory literally could have increased the temperature of planet Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climat...administration
Meet The Climate Denial Machine
Big Oil's Influence in Washington . NOW | PBS

https://www.epa.gov/climate-change-s...climate-change

And because of "Project for a New American Century" members like Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul Wolfowitz being members of the Bush White House America invaded Iraq after Sept 11.
Project for the New American Century - SourceWatch
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Project_...ntury/Iraq_War

Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11 and the Bush White House said 935 false statements about Iraq, and even Rand Paul says Dick Cheney invaded Iraq for Halliburton corporation. And Al Gore would not have invaded Iraq after Sept 11.

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com
WATCH: Rand Paul Says Dick Cheney Pushed for the Iraq War So Halliburton Would Profit | Mother Jones

The Iraq war killed 1,000's of US soldiers, permanently injured 10,000's of US soldiers, killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, cost US taxpayers $1 trillion plus dollars, and allowed ISIS to take control of Iraq.

But today we have someone like GW Bush waiting to enter the White House (Donald Trump.)

Trump wants tax cuts just like GW Bush (tax cuts that give the richest 5% of Americans 51% of the tax cuts), and Trump will raise our debt MUCH higher than Hillary. And Donald Trump talks about getting tough on other countries and wants increased military spending. Trump gives us much higher odds of another war compared to Hillary.

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports
Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to the 2016 Election | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Donald Trump calls for military spending increase - CNNPolitics.com

Its shocking and sad what GW Bush did, but lets just hope Trump does not get in the White House and do close to what GW Bush did.

Last edited by chad3; 10-18-2016 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies