Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Putin was elected into office. If fraud were a factor than independent polls like Pew would show the discrepancy which it does not. Its easy to see why he is popular because Russia is like night and day from 10 -15 years ago.

How can anyone have a discussion with this kind of mass delusion? Are you completely brain washed and mind numbed? I am humiliated when I consider the level of my fellow citizen, of such dope fueled madness, that the definition of a dictator is what we don't like You are an American all right. You know nothing with complete confidence.

Meanwhile Saudi Arabia , our good ally , is a dictatorial hereditary monarchy that rules absolutely.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Its like a zombie Apocalypse.
How can you post tripe such a this^^^^^^?

Putin’s actions are those of a dictator, who substitutes repression for lost popular support. In his first two terms, he enjoyed high popularity ratings and could tolerate a moderately free press. His 2011 imperious declaration that he would return to the Presidency and the demonstrations that followed revealed that the Russian people simply want him gone. As a leader with failing public support, he can only remain in power by using force and repression that gets worse by the day.

In the meantime, capital and its best people flee Russia. The goal of Russia’s best and brightest is to get themselves and their families out of repressive Russia before it is too late.

I was recently in Moscow, where I know many Muscovites. Whereas in earlier years, I could find Putin supporters, now I can find none. The refrain I encountered was: We want that guy gone.”

The problem with Putin’s KGB state is that there is no way for a corrupt leader and his henchman to “go.” The minute they leave office, their billions in stolen wealth are at risk, and they face potential prosecution as their successors hold them up as scapegoats. Vova intends to stay in office, like his Soviet predecessors, until they carry him out feet first.

Forbes Welcome

I hated what happened to Russia in 2014 so much that I decided to move to Berlin.

It's safe to say, however, that 2015 will be worse. President Vladimir Putin's regime is on the verge of transitioning from mild authoritarianism to outright dictatorship. The country's newly amended military doctrine is an especially ominous sign. Judging by it, the Kremlin's response to the ongoing economic crisis will be to crack down on all signs of popular discontent. The Kremlin seems determined to turn inward and complete its break with the Western world.

As 2015 rolls in, Russians are travelling less than a year ago, both because of the ruble devaluation and due to de-facto bans on foreign trips for law enforcers and officials working in other sensitive areas. The media are under Kremlin control or doubly cautious.

In 2015, Putin will be an outright dictator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Are you actual serious? I can't stand the Saudis either. You might want to find a dictionary and look up " red herring." While you are at it you might also want to read about the word dictator.
A dictator by the accepted definition does not have a Constitution, a Federal assembly and they have no need to be voted into government. So again, all you are going to do is simply deny reality.

[quote]
So other than divert and distort by insulting and talking about Saudi Arabia, can you explain how a man that was elected PM with a term limit, not elected but handed the presidency in 1999, has held power since by picking a proxy (Demitry Medvedev) then jumping directly back in the driver's seat again is not a dictator?

Oh I don't know with FDR? They don't strictly follow the term limits like we do? But then again with talk of Michelle Obama running for senate , it looks like Hillary has set the pattern where we can pretend to limit terms with tennis doubles. Now go ahead and tell me we strictly follow our own Constitution like "Congress shall have the power to declare war"...ya know speaking of dictators....

Quote:
Also, please expound on how Russia is different from 10 years ago. Explain. Do you actually know anything at all?
Uh yeah . I was in Russia in 2003 and again in 2015. I came, looked and saw the differences. Do you know anything at all?

Quote:
You know who else was elected into office, Robert Mugabe
Mugabe not a dictator . You don't apparently know what the word even means. You also don't seem to realize that democratic government tend to often suffer of tyranny of the majority. I guess you never bothered to read James Madison or JS Mill, odd for such a liberty lover; you don't realize what our or any Constitution does.

Quote:
and Hitler.
Oh well done again...Hitler became a dictator after being voted into office. He became a dictator when he removed all political opposition. Do you actually know anything at all?

Quote:

Save your humiliation, trade it in for some serious introspection as to why you hold a dictator in such high regard and call yourself a free American.
Oh I think you have humiliated yourself.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Hypothetical scenario; Barack Obama's second presidential term is ending in January whereby he's leaving office to a successor due to the 22nd Amendment's limit on consecutive terms. In anticipation of the upcoming elections, Obama endorses David Plouffe (His 2008 campaign manager) to fill his position as President. In this scenario, the Democrats control Congress. At the Democratic political convention, secret ballots are cast by party delegates nominating Plouffe as the Democrat's choice to run as President. Plouffe subsequently wins the presidency and appoints Barack Obama as Prime Minister; Chairman of the government and responsible for implementing domestic and foreign policy and Presidential decrees.

It gets even worse.

As one of his first duties President Plouffe addresses Congress proposing an amendment to the constitution extending Presidential term limits from four years to six years and congressional term limits from four years to five. Six days later he presents this legislation to Congress who overwhelmingly votes in favor less than a month later bypassing the required yearly wait before ratifying changes to the constitution. The constitutional amendment is signed by President Plouffe and comes into force less than two months from the time it was first proposed.

It gets even worse.

Just prior to the upcoming presidential elections, President Plouffe announces he will not be running for a second term in office. Instead he'll be endorsing Prime Minister Barack Obama to replace him. The same Obama who pushed through in Congress the constitutional amendment extending presidential terms would now, upon election, be the first beneficiary of the changes. Barack Obama is elected President and who should he appoint as Prime Minister? None other than the previous President who stepped down so Barack Obama could run as his successor.

Perhaps I'm part of the mind-numbed zombie apocalypse but I'd consider that as having the hallmarks of a dictatorship.

I would say you are a mind numbed Zombie because you just assumed the Russian Constitution must be just like ours. The Russian President is more powerful and the two term tradition is a Western import.

Even if that were the case, like I said, Hillary Clinton is an attempt at a 3rd term using the marriage technicality. Can't wait when we have same sex marriages some day. Meanwhile our presidents are not repelling invasions but declaring wars .

If you don't like Russians, or the politicians they vote into office, by all means parrot the ever trust worthy Western media. However this habit of calling the Russian and now the Filipino president, a dictator , just shows how mind numbed we are. Our crony's so far have left a few crumbs. That is not how they have been rolling in much of the rest of the world under neoliberalism which has not even left them with a shirt on their back. That's what going on. That's why we see the push back on our Western big magic.These are not captive peoples under the sway of a dictator. This is popular resistance.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
I would say you are a mind numbed Zombie because you just assumed the Russian Constitution must be just like ours. The Russian President is more powerful and the two term tradition is a Western import.

Even if that were the case, like I said, Hillary Clinton is an attempt at a 3rd term using the marriage technicality. Can't wait when we have same sex marriages some day. Meanwhile our presidents are not repelling invasions but declaring wars .

If you don't like Russians, or the politicians they vote into office, by all means parrot the ever trust worthy Western media. However this habit of calling the Russian and now the Filipino president, a dictator , just shows how mind numbed we are. Our crony's so far have left a few crumbs. That is not how they have been rolling in much of the rest of the world under neoliberalism which has not even left them with a shirt on their back. That's what going on. That's why we see the push back on our Western big magic.These are not captive peoples under the sway of a dictator. This is popular resistance.
Super-Rich Russians Are Fleeing To The UK In Record Numbers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/super-...120300911.html

Jews Are Fleeing Russia Because Of Putin

Russian Gays Are Fleeing To The US
Russian Gays Are Fleeing To The US - Business Insider

Russia's Smartest People Are Leaving In Droves
Russia's Smart People Are Leaving - Business Insider

There are also Russians that have remained in Russia that actually praise Stalin. Some people just adore their dictators.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:26 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:

Exchanging one overlord for another.... Exchanging western "propaganda" for Russia or Chinese propaganda... Interesting....

I wonder how long it will be before those who are shirtless from neoliberalism will be sick of the Russians or Chinese. I wonder how sick Africans are of the Chinese in the amount of time they have bought up Africa.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Super-Rich Russians Are Fleeing To The UK In Record Numbers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/super-...120300911.html

Russian Gays Are Fleeing To The US
Russian Gays Are Fleeing To The US - Business Insider

Russia's Smartest People Are Leaving In Droves
Russia's Smart People Are Leaving - Business Insider

There are also Russians that have remained in Russia that actually praise Stalin. Some people just adore their dictators.

Uh yeah , that was the problem. Super rich Russians were leaving Russia , skimming the profits and not reinvesting it in Russia. That's the problem with privatization and neoliberal polices.

Jews left a long time ago. And of course gay people go the West. Gays are not particularity persecuted in Russia, they are just not a protected minority. You pretty much just be gay on your own and hope you don't run into violent drunks who hate gays. Look to the Middle East for a hostile state policy against gays.

And in the case of Stalin he was , ya know, an actual dictator. I can tell you why they like Stalin.One reason was he persecuted all the minorities equally, not just the Russian like before.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 10-19-2016 at 02:10 PM..

Old 10-19-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Exchanging one overlord for another.... Exchanging western "propaganda" for Russia or Chinese propaganda... Interesting....

I wonder how long it will be before those who are shirtless from neoliberalism will be sick of the Russians or Chinese. I wonder how sick Africans are of the Chinese in the amount of time they have bought up Africa.

Nobody thinks the Chinese and Russian governments love them. The problem is Americans actually think our government loves other countries and they actually believe other people don't realizes its completely false.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How can you post tripe such a this^^^^^^?
Very easily since I compare apples to apples. I don't compare the Statue of Liberty with a demonized version of Putin. I compare the two civilizations.

Quote:
Putin’s actions are those of a dictator, who substitutes repression for lost popular support. In his first two terms, he enjoyed high popularity ratings and could tolerate a moderately free press. His 2011 imperious declaration that he would return to the Presidency and the demonstrations that followed revealed that the Russian people simply want him gone. As a leader with failing public support, he can only remain in power by using force and repression that gets worse by the day.

In the meantime, capital and its best people flee Russia. The goal of Russia’s best and brightest is to get themselves and their families out of repressive Russia before it is too late.

I was recently in Moscow, where I know many Muscovites. Whereas in earlier years, I could find Putin supporters, now I can find none. The refrain I encountered was: We want that guy gone.”

The problem with Putin’s KGB state is that there is no way for a corrupt leader and his henchman to “go.” The minute they leave office, their billions in stolen wealth are at risk, and they face potential prosecution as their successors hold them up as scapegoats. Vova intends to stay in office, like his Soviet predecessors, until they carry him out feet first.

Forbes Welcome
Yeah so more or less this guy was a politically active whistle blower. He see corruption in Russia. Tell us something we don't know. Now again Putin looks like he may have used the courts but then again its hard to tell who is an agent with a legitimate actor. Compared to the statue of virtue and justice it seems rather lacking. Compared to the US regime, I am not impressed. Know anyone who stole trillions lately in a housing bubble?

Compared to what happens to our whistle blowers , I see little difference.

American Whistleblowers in Prison and in Exile | Huffington Post

Obama's use of the IRS is hardly a feather in our caps.

So I'd like to know the point of Russia pariah status. If they have an issue with internal politics that their problem.

Unfortunately ordinary Russians know Putin has the one virtue of they need, their fate is tied with his. Someone else could , and probably would loot the country , again. Its the difference between a corrupt land owner who will recirculate the wealth vs a corrupt financier who can simple move the capital off shore.

Quote:

I hated what happened to Russia in 2014 so much that I decided to move to Berlin.

It's safe to say, however, that 2015 will be worse. President Vladimir Putin's regime is on the verge of transitioning from mild authoritarianism to outright dictatorship. The country's newly amended military doctrine is an especially ominous sign. Judging by it, the Kremlin's response to the ongoing economic crisis will be to crack down on all signs of popular discontent. The Kremlin seems determined to turn inward and complete its break with the Western world.

As 2015 rolls in, Russians are travelling less than a year ago, both because of the ruble devaluation and due to de-facto bans on foreign trips for law enforcers and officials working in other sensitive areas. The media are under Kremlin control or doubly cautious.

Yeah how nice. The Authoritarianism is because Russia is being attacked.

This is what they rightfully worry about.

The US Secretly Funded A Hip Hop Artist To Overthrow The Cuban Government | Business Insider
A Cuban music producer named Rajko Bozic was hired with funding from the U.S. government to reach out to rap group Los Aldeanos.
The government believed that the influence of the group could help Cuban youth “break the information blockade” set in place by the country’s government.
I think they have had enough of these color revolutions . Its kind of hard to have a free and open society when the most powerful empire the world has ever seen is trying to destabilize you, ya know? This is what the US does. Did you see how the Arab Spring turned out?

Look what one wacky Billionaire George Soros is doing to us with our open society. Imagine what the US could do. Not hard to imagine. The US is doing it. Think Chinese or Saudi NGOs are just going to be allowed to run amok here?

Saudi NGO´s "Terrorist Hospitals" Discovered in Turkey | nsnbc international

The prominent Turkish journalist, Uğur Mumcu, who was assassinated by a bomb, planted in his car in 1993, had investigated the Saudi NGO and concluded, that the Rabita is a Saudi-based religious sect, that aims at strengthening the influence of Saudi Arabia in Turkey and other Muslim countries, through the establishment of satellite foundations, institutions and associations.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:48 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
With NATO (vassal nations to the US empire).

The representative sent to Russia said.

"Be afraid. Russia will burn to the ground."

Putin refused the US empire's offer of being a vassal nation in its empire. And the representative shocked stated.

"This is blasphemy. This is madness."

And Putin after looking over his shoulder and getting the nod from millions of Russian women, mothers, daughters, sisters, and wives, Putin responded.

"This. Is. Russia!"

Later another representative sent by one of the vassal nations of the US empire in it NATO forces said to a Russian.

"A thousand nations of the US empire descend upon you. Our missiles will blot out the sun."

The Russian replied.

"Then we will fight in the shade."

Putin looking bravely over the dead of his fellow Russians remarked.

"Before this battle is over, the world will know, that few stood against many."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ

Old 10-19-2016, 07:53 PM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
Quote:
A dictator by the accepted definition does not have a Constitution, a Federal assembly and they have no need to be voted into government. So again, all you are going to do is simply deny reality

Oh I don't know with FDR? They don't strictly follow the term limits like we do? But then again with talk of Michelle Obama running for senate , it looks like Hillary has set the pattern where we can pretend to limit terms with tennis doubles. Now go ahead and tell me we strictly follow our own Constitution like "Congress shall have the power to declare war"...ya know speaking of dictators....

Uh yeah . I was in Russia in 2003 and again in 2015. I came, looked and saw the differences. Do you know anything at all?

Mugabe not a dictator . You don't apparently know what the word even means. You also don't seem to realize that democratic government tend to often suffer of tyranny of the majority. I guess you never bothered to read James Madison or JS Mill, odd for such a liberty lover; you don't realize what our or any Constitution does.

Oh well done again...Hitler became a dictator after being voted into office. He became a dictator when he removed all political opposition. Do you actually know anything at all?

Oh I think you have humiliated yourself.
Lol. Where do I begin, the most salient I think was the caveman-esq sentence, "Mugabe not dictator." Lol you lost all credibility right there. Mugabe has been in power since 1988......1988

"They don't strictly follow term limits." You mean...like..in a dictatorship.

You went to Russia, congratulations. What where the changes you noticed? We are still waiting.

The definition of a dictatorship is a concentration of power within a small clique. Nowhere does having a constitution exclude the possibility of a dictatorship. In fact many dictatorships have a constitution.

You said Putin was not a dictator because he was elected into office, I then elucidated the glaring deficiency in that logic, noting both Hitler and Mugabe were voted in as well. You then went on to agree with me as if you had smugly won some kind of point on Hitler. What?? You just agreed with me....

The 22nd amendment was only ratified in the 1950s, so FDR did absolutely nothing against the constitution. Don't see how that is applicable here. And what the hell was that about Tennis doubles? You may need to rest I think you are confused, at least, I know everyone that read your remarks is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies