Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 06:12 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Your country?" America belongs to all of us.

That aside, white Americans (especially of the conservative stripe) care more about money and personal fortunes than they do about other white people's interests. Only their own interests matter.

Other races tend to look at it differently. Which is not to say that blacks, Hispanics and Asians aren't also selfish.
You are in a constant state of defensive paranoia. That is not the essence of his query.

He is wondering why whites in particular seem to have no national interest. A good lot of them seem to even have a hatred for so called white identity. I reject the notion white people are the cause of every problem around the globe, and throughout history, and question the strange idea that we ought to go extinct. This oddly puts me in the category white nationalism theses days. He finds it as odd as anyone.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:13 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Was at a rally when a guy asked what the candidate would do for hispanic Americans.. really a stupid question. Lets see, open more taco joints? WTF did he want to hear?

It's a tribal mentality. I would never ask what a candidate would do for non-Hispanic whites as I care about this nation as a whole and all of our citizens not just whites.

He probably wanted to hear that the candidate will give amnesty to his illegal amigos if elected.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I think this is true. There is really no solidarity amongst whites when compared to other American ethnic groups. This could be a vestige of the fact that whites were originally separate ethnic groups themselves.

However there is something really strange about white Americans' willingness to ignore their own group interests. There is no other group that is willing to do this. Probably a result of the incessant accusations of racism.
Nothing strange about it. White people care about their own personal self interests than they do the interests of other white people.

That's all there is to it. This ain't hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That'd be true If we could just get over 70% of whites to strongly demand Americas demographics should be conserved. It'd sure be nice and easier if we could get some of the 14% of the population that is blacks and others to join in.
We blacks can't join you because you have a long history of stabbing us in the back. Whites have always put EVERY OTHER IMMIGRANT group ahead of blacks.

When blacks were subject to Jim Crow laws in Florida, whites let tens of thousands of Cubans into Florida and put them ahead of the line. Are we just supposed to forget that?

Not to mention one hundred years of post slavery Jim Crow while you gave strong preference to every European immigrant group that hit our shores.

So no...we won't be helping. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I also agree with this. It doesn't matter how the demographics change, whites will always run the show.
Pretty much.
Quote:
But you pretend it is about individuals and not groups and ignore globalization and mass immigration that it is becoming more latin American, Middle eastern and African, and Asian every day. And ignore a whole slew of other details.
Globalization?

You Republicans and conservatives are the ones saying that Americans are paid too much, and that offshoring jobs for more profit and less taxes is the best thing for American corporations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How would you know, you're not white. I've seen the vile crap you post when non-blacks make assumptions about black folks and what they feel or think.

So take a big ol' page out of your own playbook there bud.
Nope. Deal with it.

Besides, how am I being vile when you just admitted that whites are making assumptions?

Besides, blacks know more about white people than white people know about us. Whites know NOTHING about black people that isn't in some book, stat sheet, sports game, or TV show. And that's giving you too much credit.

You can see and read all of that and you still don't know us.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC UES View Post
The "Student" who wrote that is an idiot to the core. If he were in my class I'd call him that to his face too. Hispanic? Since when was that a race, ever been to Spain? It's in Europe. I'm sure the Native Americans would disagree with his pro white nationalist garbage paper.
Had he written that it's beneficial to establish and enforce borders, I bet Native Americans would be saying, " Yes, tell us about it."

Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Old 10-18-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You are in a constant state of defensive paranoia. That is not the essence of his query.

He is wondering why whites in particular seem to have no national interest. A good lot of them seem to even have a hatred for so called white identity. I reject the notion white people are the cause of every problem around the globe, and throughout history, and question the strange idea that we ought to go extinct. This oddly puts me in the category white nationalism theses days. He finds it as odd as anyone.
You just decided to ignore what I said because the truth is too painful. Talk about defensive paranoia!

I said that whites don't care about the national interests of whites because whites only care about their own self interests and not the interests of others regardless of race. It's "me first and damn you" with them. This is especially true with conservative whites.

At least one other white person fully agreed with my assessment. Not that I needed his confirmation.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
But you pretend it is about individuals and not groups and ignore globalization and mass immigration that it is becoming more latin American, Middle eastern and African, and Asian every day. And ignore a whole slew of other details.
What possible difference does it make what the racial or cultural mix of America is? It is almost always the case that the whites who are so terrified of becoming a minority feel that way because of the way they view and treat minorities now. They are afraid that payback will not be nice.

There is great strength in diversity, if you have the guts to overcome ignorance and fear of those who are different.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We blacks can't join you because you have a long history of stabbing us in the back. Whites have always put EVERY OTHER IMMIGRANT group ahead of blacks.

When blacks were subject to Jim Crow laws in Florida, whites let tens of thousands of Cubans into Florida and put them ahead of the line. Are we just supposed to forget that?

Not to mention one hundred years of post slavery Jim Crow while you gave strong preference to every European immigrant group that hit our shores.

So no...we won't be helping. Sorry.

If you think Hispanics, muslims and Asian groups are going to put blacks further ahead than whites have, then the jokes on you. You should move to a non-white country if you believe what you say.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What possible difference does it make what the racial or cultural mix of America is? It is almost always the case that the whites who are so terrified of becoming a minority feel that way because of the way they view and treat minorities now. They are afraid that payback will not be nice.
Because different racial/culture mixes changes the culture, economics, politics of the country.

If Germany was minority German it would no longer be Germany, same for Israel, Japan, Nigeria etc.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
If you think Hispanics, muslims and Asian groups are going to put blacks further ahead than whites have, then the jokes on you.
I've done well putting myself where I need to be, and frankly, I don't give a damn about the aforementioned groups in your post or what they think about us.

All I'm telling you is YOUR PEOPLE'S record, which is there for all to see. What other groups do or don't do is just conjecture on your part. What you should be talking about is your own record and not make a comparison based on things that haven't even happened yet. Talk about what DID happen and refute my accusations with facts.

You can't. So...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies