Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 04:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
My kneeling he is disrespecting the flag and is disrespecting America. Unfortunately there is a lot of disrespecting going on since America hating obama was elected to office.
obama has set a trend, he hates America, he hates white, he hates police, he hates military, he hates republicans, he hates everything good.
obama had done a wonderful job of dividing America on so many fronts, he is achieving his goal of building us into a third world country, just as he has always dreamed of...
He's showing he does not care for the way law enforcement treats minorities. The flag means what you want it to mean. The anthem means what you want it to mean. When one associates government with the flag or anthem they are going down the wrong path imo. The flag stands for country. Government doesn't.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:51 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
to me, Black Panthers are almost as hateful and racists as KKK. No one would wear a KKK T shirt following a game.
BULLDAWGFAN

No, our patriotism isn't weak, but his sure is and to be honest, yes it bothers me when anyone is disrespectful to our country
Translation - nmnita allows the actions of a entertainer to bother her. And for Gods sake we cannot allow that. How dare Colin kneel and bother nmnita. This simply cannot be tolerated.

Him kneeling might have disrespected your country. But not mine. My country has a backbone. My country allows people to protest even if some people do not agree. My country goes about its business and does not dwell over the fact that an entertainer put his knee on the grass.
And for the record, I believe his patriotism is way stronger than yours. With one simple move he brought a boat load of attention to a situation he believes strongly in. Whether you agree with him or not, him putting a knee on the ground bothered you. He succeeded. Friggin brilliant I say.
You, by allowing yourself to be bothered by his protest, simply fed into the attention of his cause. I would say you have been played, but I would not want to disrespect your country or bother you in any way. God forbid.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:08 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Kaepernick is almost as effective as BLM. By that I mean, he not only is killing off his future earning power, he is lowering the incomes of everyone in the NFL by causing the ratings to crash. Because blacks are overrepresented in the NFL as % of US population, he is heavily contributing to the growing black/white income and wealth inequality.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:04 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Kaepernick is almost as effective as BLM. By that I mean, he not only is killing off his future earning power, he is lowering the incomes of everyone in the NFL by causing the ratings to crash. Because blacks are overrepresented in the NFL as % of US population, he is heavily contributing to the growing black/white income and wealth inequality.

And yet he thinks he's smart and cool. Leftists are brain dead.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:59 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Shirt to Post-Game Press Conference | Total Pro Sports

He just wants attention. He should learn to throw a football again.
He just needs to man up, get the coaching staff and owners together inside the office, and tell them he's not feeling this professional football crap anymore. He needs to just get over himself and retire, but I guess he likes that money a bit too much. He's hit a developmental wall. Yes, his first two seasons with the 49ers were spectacular. However, all the other teams figured him out, began fashioning their defensive strategies into his weaknesses, and have forced him to play into those. From the looks of it, he's only as good as his O-line, which makes me wonder if it's been all of those O-lines since high school who have helped carry him and make him look much better than he actually is. He cannot throw worth a damn under pressure, he cannot throw from the pocket, and when he tries to run, once he passes the line of scrimmage, everybody converges on his position, effectively cutting off his running lanes. He also cannot read the defense worth a damn.

His days of playing professionally are over and he knows it. He's just bitter about being unable to evolve in an extremely tough sport.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:13 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not talking about how they got started. I have probably been around and watched them longer than you have been on earth, I am talking about the hatred they have for whites, compared to the hartred KKK had or have for blacks. Can't you see that?
Hatred for Whites? What hatred? And again, why are you comparing feelings between these two groups? The KKK went around murdering and lynching Black people, burning down Black churches and completely destroying Black neighborhoods. When did the Black Panthers ever do something like that to White people? There's no comparison, and how dare you try and make one.

Even if there was blatant loathing of Whites from Black Panthers, they would just be responding to being treated like second-class citizens.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
People are more concerned with Kaepernick's kneeling than the actual issue he's kneeling for. Typical, and we've seen this before throughout history.
Because the man is not kneeling for a cause but for his personal attention.

If he had a cause than he would have spoken up outside of the field and not started this since he has a muslim gf and now is a muslim.

This kind of protest of what he does is very disrespectful and selfish.

He should spend his time outside of his job to work on what his believes are.

The work place is not the time or place.

He only started since he got his big fat check. Never before he seemed to care.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:56 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
He just needs to man up, get the coaching staff and owners together inside the office, and tell them he's not feeling this professional football crap anymore. He needs to just get over himself and retire, but I guess he likes that money a bit too much. He's hit a developmental wall. Yes, his first two seasons with the 49ers were spectacular. However, all the other teams figured him out, began fashioning their defensive strategies into his weaknesses, and have forced him to play into those. From the looks of it, he's only as good as his O-line, which makes me wonder if it's been all of those O-lines since high school who have helped carry him and make him look much better than he actually is. He cannot throw worth a damn under pressure, he cannot throw from the pocket, and when he tries to run, once he passes the line of scrimmage, everybody converges on his position, effectively cutting off his running lanes. He also cannot read the defense worth a damn.

His days of playing professionally are over and he knows it. He's just bitter about being unable to evolve in an extremely tough sport.
I have always thought of Kaepernick as an empty soul devoid of any real spirit on or off the field. There is sadly a fair degree of emptyheadedness to this fading QB, so much so that he just does not understand how cynical and contrived the kneeling protest appears.

Somebody needs to tell Kaep that the novelty of the kneeling has worn off by now. He just appears more comical with the big hair and the canned responses.

Just as the game of football was too big for Kaepernick, the role of political protester is proving to be a bust as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies