Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Just take back Sunday and turn that dreck off. Why subsidize freaks?
Because America loves football. And that's NEVER gonna change. Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kaepernick and his buddies may have overplayed their hand and cause the NFL to suffer big financial loses.

Guess who will loose when NFL is starting to loose money!

Not the NFL as they will drop him and his buddies like a rock.

We probably will see some muslim group start yelling about racism or anti muslim sentiment but we are by now so used to that pathetic tactic.
The NFL isn't gonna lose any money in your lifetime, so don't hold your breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is not the point here; it goes much deeper.
Yeah...it IS the point and it isn't deeper. Don't like it, don't watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
So.....then why are the ratings down?
Don't know, but it doesn't matter. The NFL has a huge TV contract that isn't going anywhere. Deal with that too.
Quote:
for those who defend he creep; how did you feel when Tim T was displaying his Christiananity on the field? There is a place for everything; CK needs to understand this or be willing to accept his career will be over quicker than he realizes. Off the field is as important as on the field. He isn't handling either well. Of course this might be hard for you to understand.
No one cares about Tebow. He's finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Wish he would take a walk in South Chicago some dark night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
There's that "Black Attitude" creeping through again...
I hope so. I'm black after all so that's a compliment.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-25-2016 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-25-2016, 01:47 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
My kneeling he is disrespecting the flag and is disrespecting America.
Why is kneeling "disrespectful?" And a flag is incapable of receiving respect so why do you care?

Old 10-25-2016, 02:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Ya know....statements of this kind have been flying around for just about as long as Obama has been in office. And, in those earliest days, they were largely brushed aside and dismissed in short order as racist, bigoted, ignorant, etc., etc. etc. In those earliest days, before I got to know him, I too brushed them aside for the most part.

Fast forward to today....and in the intervening years he has proven them all true. A true tragedy for America and for his legacy.
unfortunately race relations have suffered so much in recent years, it might take a decade to get back to the level we saw a few years ago.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
unfortunately race relations have suffered so much in recent years, it might take a decade to get back to the level we saw a few years ago.
So what? And besides, how would you know?

Old 10-25-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because America loves football. And that's NEVER gonna change. Get over it.

The NFL isn't gonna lose any money in your lifetime, so don't hold your breath.

Yeah...it IS the point and it isn't deeper. Don't like it, don't watch it.

Don't know, but it doesn't matter. The NFL has a huge TV contract that isn't going anywhere. Deal with that too.

No one cares about Tebow. He's finished.

He'd come out a hell of a lot better in that walk than YOU would! And that's him being unarmed and you having a weapon.

Don't believe me, try it out. And pop off like you do on CD while you take that walk. When I no longer see you on CD, I'll know that you're laid up somewhere trying to heal.

Tebow is finished as a player goes and has been for years. Did I say anything about his still playing? I probably follow football a lot closer than you do. I am talking about when he was playing. Can you even remember those days?

Not watch it? that is the sad part, many of us really enjoy football, we just want politics and anti Americans demonstrating somewhere else. Why should we give up what we enjoy just become some spoiled brat, idiot thinks he can show disrespect for our country? He is probably finished, knows it and just can't grow up.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
So what? And besides, how would you know?
you may keep your head in the sand, the rest of us do not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is happening. I wish it could have turned out differently: I can think of many black leaders that could have led our country without the outcome we are seeing today.
Whatever your agenda, you may want to push it somewhere else, it doesn't appear to be working too well here.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post

Why are you comparing the Black Panthers to the KKK? Do you even know how and why the Black Panthers got started?

The Black Panthers most likely wouldn't have existed had Blacks been receiving fair treatment and not been victims of police brutality in this ever so wonderful country.
I am not talking about how they got started. I have probably been around and watched them longer than you have been on earth, I am talking about the hatred they have for whites, compared to the hartred KKK had or have for blacks. Can't you see that?

Old 10-25-2016, 02:44 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
I support the rights of all people to criticize their own nation, I don't want to live under a dictatorship where people who criticize the govt are rounded up and tortured. I understand some people, especially veterans, get upset by anthem protests but I thing the ultimate thing we should care about is the constitution and bill of rights.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:45 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Indeed it might, Nita.

No question we were in a much better place and moving forward with race relations 8 years ago....and Obama's election was testament to that. And America really wanted him to succeed. But within months, he jerked that train into reverse. What a tragic waste.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:53 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,909 times
Quote:

To you it is a compliment, but that attitude permeates your soul and follows you everywhere. I'm sure it caused you untold problems in your life, problems that you are too ignorant to even realize. You obviously hate whites as does obama. Not something to be proud of, but I bet you are... sick, sick, sick...
It also make you a true, 100% racist..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies