Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Seems like they would fit right in. If they don't like it...send them home. My parents said if you live in this house you'll eat what you're served.

Hell, in my house people eat what they buy, prepare and cook!

...well, in my perfect world anyway (sigh).

I guess we all have a dream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 10:05 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't. I like it when people get along. I like it when people are treating each other with respect and love. The time to rebel is when the authorities are oppressing you. Society is more prosperous and peaceful when people get along and respect each other, and help each other.
Tell that to the denizens of N St. Louis and their new neighbors.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alot of people don't want to live in North St. Louis, including many of the residents who already live there.
Because of the residents there. If they don't want to live with each other, what makes you think others want to live with them and have their neighborhood turned into where they came from?

Old 10-27-2016, 06:19 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Tell that to the denizens of N St. Louis and their new neighbors.
A result of people not respecting each other. Maybe if there was more union and respect for one another, and more people helping each other, perhaps N. StL might be less dangerous.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
They can always go back where they came from.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I know Louisville KY forces refugees to live in the worst areas. They actually emptied entire public housing units of African Americans and moved people from Somalia in there. The Syrians are placed in an area filled with half way houses for released sex offenders. I've said from day 1 that the push for bringing in more refugees has zero percent to do with compassion and 100% to do with repopulation places that no one wants to live in.

In the 1990s St Louis placed Bosnian refugees in south St Louis, once they stayed long enough to make it on their own most moved to safer suburbs like Mehlville.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:03 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
What happened to beggars can't be choosers?

Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I know Louisville KY forces refugees to live in the worst areas. They actually emptied entire public housing units of African Americans and moved people from Somalia in there. The Syrians are placed in an area filled with half way houses for released sex offenders. I've said from day 1 that the push for bringing in more refugees has zero percent to do with compassion and 100% to do with repopulation places that no one wants to live in.

In the 1990s St Louis placed Bosnian refugees in south St Louis, once they stayed long enough to make it on their own most moved to safer suburbs like Mehlville.
In most cases, those that no one wants often end up in some of the worst places. With Bosnians, well, I can say this. Bevo Mill had a declining population. I'm wondering if there was more of a feeling of compassion towards Bosnians compared to other groups of refugees. Last I checked, Bosnians are primarily Muslim themselves.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because of the residents there. If they don't want to live with each other, what makes you think others want to live with them and have their neighborhood turned into where they came from?
Or it could be that many residents are stuck with hood rats. I notice when some persons who do have their act together get in a powerful position, they flee. If you come from that neighborhood, and you have your act together, why would you want to stay in a toxic environment?

I read this and you don't say this outright. However, I suspect you want the persons who live in bad areas to stay there, whether they're decent or hood rats.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Seems fair enough.

They most certainly should be sent to any and all cities that can be shown to systematically support dems and are shown to be voting for HRC.
You have refugees living in Republican areas.

Public Radio's "The World" Reports On Refugees Living In Idaho | Boise State Public Radio

Valley residents invited to break bread with refugees - Idaho Mountain Express Newspaper: Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies