Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 12:33 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Now my question to other blacks-Where do you fit in at? Do you discuss racial issues with your friends? Are you met with any disagreements? When you find that one disagrees with you, do you educate them? Refer them to Google? Does the conversation go anywhere at all?
In many cases, I don't really like discussing race publicly. It has come up. In some cases, the conversation has ran smoothly. In other cases, I've had to reconsider who I would call a friend. One guy I met, he seemed alright. Seemed like a decent person to talk to. He would initiate a conversation on race that I wasn't looking for. He mentioned that he was sick of Black people because of Obama. He said that the majority of Blacks were ghetto. I thought "if you want to hang out with me, you would know better than to say things like that". Another guy heard this conversation. As I was trying to prove this knucklehead wrong, the guy who heard the conversation basically said "just let him speak". To say the least, I haven't spoken to him since. I find it highly stupid to vent your rage on someone who hasn't done anything to you.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:45 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
You know I had to really reconsider who my true friends were in 2012 when Obama won for the second time. The racism and classism that I came across on my page was mind boggling.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
You know I had to really reconsider who my true friends were in 2012 when Obama won for the second time. The racism and classism that I came across on my page was mind boggling.
Same with me. 2012 I cut off contact with a few individuals over some racially motivated comments regarding the President.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:50 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
I did too. I voted for Obama both times. I still have the TIME magazine with Obama's picture on the cover. "Yes We did!"

Some of my former acquaintances even told me they couldn't be my friend anymore because I voted for him. To which I replied, "When you started flying your confederate flag only after he won the first time, I knew you for the racist you are. You've not been considered my friend since then anyway."

Again, I am a white woman.

Last edited by convextech; 10-27-2016 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 01:11 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
She is a traitor only for this reason: She has expressed her contempt for Black men and Black culture.
In the particularly non-corrective, condemnatory fashion she does so, yes. That's contempt rather than criticism.

Pointing out problems and ways to correct them is not being a traitor. Dash has forgotten, "Nobody is free until everybody is free."

Old 10-27-2016, 01:13 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Yeah. Guys I'd known since the 70s...it was like watching someone turn into a werewolf.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I did too. I voted for Obama both times. I still have the TIME magazine with Obama's picture on the cover. "Yes We did!"

Some of my former acquaintances even told me they couldn't be my friend anymore because I voted for him. To which I replied, "When you started flying your white trash confederate flag only after he won the first time, I knew you for the racist you are. You've not been considered my friend since then anyway."
No one has ever told me that. However, there are people I don't want to talk politics with. Too much division. If everyone were to say what was really on their minds, alot of friendships would end, alot of fights would start. Truth is, we lived in a divided world, and little seems to change. We just hide things more.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
In the particularly non-corrective, condemnatory fashion she does so, yes. That's contempt rather than criticism.

Pointing out problems and ways to correct them is not being a traitor. Dash has forgotten, "Nobody is free until everybody is free."
Not much to say about her other than she can't be trusted.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I think the word "race traitor" is an extreme word. No one can really be a "traitor" to a race. Because that would assume that people have certain values based on their race, and that's not true. She may say things that you disagree with, but it doesn't make her a traitor. And trust me, I do not like Stacy Dash, and there is no love lost. But I also don't think it's fair to call her a race traitor either.

Stacy Dash like most modern day black conservative do is defend the status quo. There is very little intellectual dishonesty left with black conservatism, as they seem to only take whatever conservative viewpoint falls in line with their white counterparts. Which in my opinion makes the movement kind of weak since they don't really have original ideas.
Well, if she expressed contempt for Black men, what else could that be? If she rails against Black History Month, but not a word about Hispanic History Month, what else could you call that?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:21 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one has ever told me that.
Well, a white person isn't going to tell a black person that. Then they'd be outwardly racist. They have no problem telling a white person that, because they think other whites can be pressured to conform.

Not me. I don't see black or white; I see trashy or classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies