Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And what they also don't realize is that our rail system would have to triple in size to handle the sheer volume of product currently transported by pipeline.
And then you'd have the whacko's screaming "THOSE TRAINS ARE BANNED FROM TRAVELING THROUGH OUR CITIES" like they do/did with Nuclear waste/Hazmat trains.

Just more noise from the enviro-whacko's who's ultimate goal is to send the U.S. back to the wagon/horse/candle ages and then bitc* about methane gas pollution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 08:10 AM

439 posts, read 357,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Enough is enough. I am tired of this phony nonsense where someone claims to be "peaceful" and "prayerful" while initiating FORCE and VIOLENCE by occupying and blocking access to private property NOT OWNED BY THEM.

OCCUPATION IS INITIATION OF FORCE. Becoming an impediment with your physical person IS VIOLENCE.

I am tired of "sacred burial grounds" and "historical sites" and "cultural treasures". Bullfeces! Nothing is sacred. It's just vacant land, and we need the pipelines to rid ourselves of Islamic tyranny implicit in dependence upon Middle Eastern oil.

So let's arrest these sons of beotches and keep them away from progress.

1) The pipeline IS GETTING BUILT. PERIOD.
2) The Indian's reservation DOES NOT INCLUDE the land where the pipeline is running.
3) They have no right to stop it. The courts have ruled.
4) If they tamper with property and infrastructure, they should be charged, tried, and imprisoned for 10-20 years to send the proper message.
5) Oil pipelines, ESPECIALLY NEW ONES WITH MODERN COMPUTERIZED FLOW TECHNOLOGY, rarely leak, and the leaks can always be cleaned up even if they occur because the spills are designed to be very small if they happen at all.
6) No one needs prayer sites on pipeline property. PRAY ELSEWHERE. It's a huge country, and it's the same sky and the same trees and same dirt somewhere else. NO PRAYER ON PIPELINE PROPERTY.

And they enlist dopey actors like Mark Ruffalo to trumpet their nonsense. It's so stupid, and if we put up with it, so are we. REMOVE THEM FROM PROPERTY THEY DO NOT OWN, AND ARREST THEM IF THEY COME BACK. In fact each return trip should generate a longer and longer jail sentence until all the offending parties are removed and stay away.

FORCE BEGETS FORCE. And "peaceably" and "prayerfully" impeding someone else's property is VIOLENCE AND FORCE and should be met with VIOLENCE AND FORCE to remove them.

Initially, when I read this diatribe, I thought "what a nut". However, I looked up at the profile..."Real estate agent from North 'Jersey", which pretty much says it all.

NOTE: If you read the entire post as if it's being spoken by Joe Pesci (Goodfellas, My Cousin Vinny)--hilarious, freakin' hilarious.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Initially, when I read this diatribe, I thought "what a nut". However, I looked up at the profile..."Real estate agent from North 'Jersey", which pretty much says it all.

NOTE: If you read the entire post as if it's being spoken by Joe Pesci (Goodfellas, My Cousin Vinny)--hilarious, freakin' hilarious.
So, do you have an intelligent fact based rebuttal or just weak insults? Just wondering...

Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM

439 posts, read 357,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, do you have an intelligent fact based rebuttal or just weak insults? Just wondering...

In response to a real estate agent's moronic "pareto"-fueled rant. Nah, I figured I'd give it the respect it deserved.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:40 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Whomsumever controls oil flow, controls portions of the world-pie.

Or, at least staves off central (or regional) monopolies.

The spigot controllers tax the users.

S'like lickquid cashplay, or sumthin.

Rusia wants in, somehow.

Howsum wholesum - the house always wins.

Mexico-Texico, Canadaco is in the cold.

Russia has always been colded out.

A nuclear plant to provide the pressure for moving cold slug oil?

Make sure the pipes hold the pressure!

Don't be a slutz.

Carbon maxoxide?

Add it up, add it up.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:52 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You don't speak for most of us.
Which isn't what she meant and you know that. Twisting the context of what she said isn't a response. You haven't made any kind of headway in that area in a while. You have pointed fingers and made accusations of ...impropriety..in counter arguement you couldn't directly refute and have surely waved your flag and toothed your horn. But I haven't seen any real solid knowledge of things that would cause this pipeline to be the huge hazard and looming disaster for the Indians you claim it is.

What I see in this is the New American Indian Movement, or whatever these agitators want to call themselves. Some call themselves the Back to the Land movement, or Warriors of Wovoka, and of course there's the outsiders who no doubt support groups like Earth First and those other back to the Pleistocene outfits.

Every one of which makes money off of "protest" done in a destructive manner. I'm no rah rah for the government and their cozy dealings with private industry. Especially the industries that control our resources. There's plenty of real issues revolving around that. And they effect us all way more than this pipeline. This is small potatoes in the big pic. Look into mining and the logging industry and what's been done with that over the last 30 years.

You'll have to look considerably higher than you are to see what's real, on both sides of this. Something you flat refuse to do. Rather, just like the protesters, tree spikers, water source sabateurs, cattle killers, and the rank and file sign wavers and human wall types, you just blindly follow the chanting. All the while claiming higher intellect and purpose.

I'm far more willing to be sympathetic to folks like Lisan, who actually live there and have really done their homework. And who also live in the 21st century. There have been far to many projects of this type that actually put Americans to work and utilize our resources properly boxed because of "environmental activism". The latter is the biggest reason millions of Americans no longer have jobs in mining, timber and energy, or had hope of it and had it snatched away. Now these industries operate on a raw material only model , shipping all product overseas for milling and refining.

At least they use that as an excuse to cut their biggest overhead, labor. All they have to do is cut product or dig it up and ship it out. No refinerys, mills and such making finished goods. I say screw that! Other countries want timber, oil and minerals they will buy it all finished and/or refined. No more exports of raw material. No more greasing of "environmental activists" who protest the building of the facilities and infrastructure to accomodate that. Certainly no paying their organizers in back rooms to cease and desist.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:06 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You don't speak for most of us.
I'm speaking for those who I know who have suffered the negative impacts of oil transported by rail and truck. Considering you're not one of them I'm obviously not speaking for you.

I've provided evidence, proof and even links to the court decisions which have blatantly contradicted things you've said in your posts. What's most important to you isn't forming an opinion based on factual information and data. That's your choice but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:07 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
How about :

RIH

Rest in hell Fidel

Old 11-26-2016, 10:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
You do realize that Natural Gas/LP gas pipelines as well as Gasoline/Diesel pipelines run all across the nation right?
How many of those A. Are patrolled 24/7. B. Have ever been tampered with. C. Have spontaneously exploded? D. Have leaked causing an environmental disaster or health disaster?

Has there been an occasional leak? Of course, as with anything man made it can fail. Now then, how many tanker truck/train crashes have happened in the same time frame endangering people AND the environment from flowing into rivers and the air? Hundreds? More?

So, given historical information which method is safer?
C'mon people, use that grey matter between your ears for something other than a hat rack...
I've asked this so many times with it never getting addressed.

If that is the case, why did it get moved from its original location?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
You don't speak for anyone but yourself, never have, never will. Surprisingly neither do I. Troll all you want, that won't change...
You agree with me and call it trolling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies