Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 05:00 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Macys got rid of Trump's clothing line and since than the stores have not doing better but much worse.
Of course liberals are now claiming that has nothing to do with Macys decision but solely with other reasons.

Nordstrom was bullied into getting rid of Ivanka Trump's clothing /shoe line. Nordstrom responded that they don't chose their clothes bases on politics.

No Republican made an issue of Nordstrom carrying BLM fanatic Beyonce after Beyonce bashed the cops and neither Nordstrom carrying Kardashian jeans line.

If you don't like the brand for whatever reason than don't buy it and free markets will play out.
Let's see what will sell better at Nordstrom!
The clothing line of the a female praised for her well upbringing and graceful way she behaves or DUI convict Khloe Kardashian and sister of sex video known Kardashian and Beyonce the cop basher.
https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com/...android-att-us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 05:16 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Love my Macy's and they have always been participants in the community and held events etc- compared to Dillards or other stores

Old 11-04-2016, 05:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I don't have anything against Macys but was disappointed that they let politics decide what to sell at their store. But it was their choice.

It was also the choice of customers to buy at Macys or else where and after Macys statement we often bought items elsewhere that were of the same brand as Macys sold.

It is our choice like Macys publicly made their choice.

Macys already is closing and has more stores on their list of being closed in the future.

When you have store where half the time the registers fail as the Macys in our area than you automatically lose.customers. I hope Macys will stay here as it was.opened less than a decade ago but with bad management t and on top of that the Trump statement that absolutely didn't gain them customers and retail not doing well, Macys may think back if their decision was a wise one.

I applaud Nordstrom for not stepping into politics.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:57 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Macys needs to issue an apology. I bet their sales numbers would go way up

Old 11-04-2016, 06:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Macys needs to issue an apology. I bet their sales numbers would go way up

Dear Ferd, We're sorry you'll have to go elsewhere for overpriced Chinese garbage promoted by your allegedly 'America First' orange smurf _____ Macys

Old 11-04-2016, 06:05 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Leftists are like their Islamist allies, they don't tolerate other opinions.

Molly Norris is still in hiding from them.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:24 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Macy's has been struggling for quite some time now. You cant claim it's because of what they've said or done during the election when there is already an established pattern of profit loss.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:30 AM

589 posts, read 390,868 times
I used to spend 1000s @ Macys. Now i spend ZEROO and its due to politiks. I used to watch NFL a lot, now-Not so mucho!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:38 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I dont think Macy's slump has anything to do with dropping the Trump clothing line. Instead its a factor of other things.

Our dollar is strong again therefore it isn't as enticing for european tourists to come here and shop like they did back when we were in a recession and our dollar tanked.

The shopping culture has changed and more people are shopping online.

Much more competition. Especially from online shopping sites such as Amazon.

Weather patterns are changing. Here we are in the first week of November and it still feels like spring out. Same as last year when we had a late start to winter weather which leads to less people going out and shopping for winter clothing.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Leftists are like their Islamist allies, they don't tolerate other opinions.

Molly Norris is still in hiding from them.

My opinion is that rightists are Grade A hypocrites as they defend Trump for making a 'good business decision' for using cheap offshore labor while calling Ford Un-American for doing the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies