Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 05:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times

Advertisements

Oh, now we segment by black women, latino women, white women, asian women? Don't think so. What's next, we can't stick our nose into rich women. or poor women's biz? Good way to dodge, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
There they go again. White people sticking their nose where they don't belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 05:31 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Oh, now we segment by black women, latino women, white women, asian women? Don't think so. What's next, we can't stick our nose into rich women. or poor women's biz? Good way to dodge, though.
This post makes no sense.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:09 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why is it that whenever BLM comes up on a thread, there's always this immediate equivalence of Black=Rapper, or Black=Criminal. There are a whole lot of Black people in this country who would just like to be able to walk down the street without getting shot in the head by the police or some whack job like that dude in Florida who killed Trayvon Martin, a teenager just walking down the street, minding his own business.

"Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean that White or Asian or Latino lives don't matter. It just means "Black Lives Matter, Too," since white America apparently hasn't yet gotten the memo.
...neither does this.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:46 AM

589 posts, read 390,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
... Why are black women continually and consistently portrayed as mindless sexual objects in black rap videos?

Could never wrap my mind around that one.
BECAUSE in the 'hood thats what they are. I pray you never enter a locker room full of Colored athletes. You would be horrified @ the LEWD talk. Then when you realize how much money they make you would say LETS GET IT ON BROTHA............................................ ..............lol.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:28 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why is it that whenever BLM comes up on a thread, there's always this immediate equivalence of Black=Rapper, or Black=Criminal. There are a whole lot of Black people in this country who would just like to be able to walk down the street without getting shot in the head by the police or some whack job like that dude in Florida who killed Trayvon Martin, a teenager just walking down the street, minding his own business.

"Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean that White or Asian or Latino lives don't matter. It just means "Black Lives Matter, Too," since white America apparently hasn't yet gotten the memo.
What a twisted view on society and life you are carrying around. obama is responsible for the great racial divide in this country, which has deteriorated 100 fold since he took office and began his crusade to divide America. You are a product of his efforts. Very sad indeed.
Trump will bring America back together again, and the terrorist organization BLM will be extinguished.
If you truly care about blacks, America, and racial unity, do your part and vote for Donald Trump.
Oh, and lose that attitude, it isn't helping your cause..

Old 11-06-2016, 08:37 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
... Why are black women continually and consistently portrayed as mindless sexual objects in black rap videos?

Because cops don't kill black people in rap videos.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:02 AM

589 posts, read 390,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
What a twisted view on society and life you are carrying around. obama is responsible for the great racial divide in this country, which has deteriorated 100 fold since he took office and began his crusade to divide America. You are a product of his efforts. Very sad indeed.
Trump will bring America back together again, and the terrorist organization BLM will be extinguished.
If you truly care about blacks, America, and racial unity, do your part and vote for Donald Trump.
Oh, and lose that attitude, it isn't helping your cause..
I always wondered why blacks need to be catered too? Govt Policy good for Warren Buffet is good for the 'hood drug seller.

I dont see noone kissing ass of my ethnic group. We just go out and apply ourselves. WE DONT WANT NO STINKING MEXICAN PROVIDED OBAMAPHONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:32 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:

I see this as a very disingenuous post. IMHO, you have no concern for Black women. You just want to put down an opinion of many people in a group that is different than your opinion.

I have long been concerned with the lyrics of rap music, whether it be the sexual objectification of women or violence against other people (including, for example, white cops). But that doesn't mean that I can't also listen to the concerns of the BLM movement, agree with some of their points, disagree with others, and be NOT impressed with their tactics.

Last edited by phetaroi; 11-06-2016 at 10:12 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:

Sex and death by police officer, are not even in the same ball park.

Why is that so hard to understand ????

Old 11-06-2016, 09:34 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,339,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Thats not music. To me it's just noise

Rather you like it or not, it's music. And contrary to popular (on ignorant CD) belief it does have meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies