Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:48 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
^^^see bolded above

This is why I question what you are even talking about, and why you question my health insurance cost, when you say "we are supposed to believe", it sounds like you are calling me a liar
I'm not saying you are lying. I don't care one way or another so it doesn't enter my mind. The reason for that is because one example, which is different from the normal amount people are paying, is meaningless. Even if you were paying what those in your "category" are paying is also meaningless.
The truth is not your example, the truth is what the avg person is paying. Reasons matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:44 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,970,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,what did they have before Obamacare?

I could not afford Obamacare and I could not afford health insurance before Obamacare,and before you go off I am not poor enough for Medicaid.
I'm in the same boat. Sometimes I think about putting everything I own into some kind of blind trust and going on welfare and medicaid and demand my Obamaphone. But I guess I missed out on that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No it will not.

Employers can deduct the costs of providing insurance now.

Individuals cannot.

Yes - but they are deducting from what would otherwise be profits which could in turn pay higher wages. Or at least put more money into the fat cat CEO's pockets...

Old 11-09-2016, 02:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,257,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Uggh I hope you are rich, because if not, good luck affording medical care with no insurance
I have been doing fine without insurance since that living abortion was allowed to become law.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:05 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,376,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
The un and under-insured will be taken in by hospitals (not good on a lot of levels to turn people away from the ER). The hospitals will end up eating the costs, which will eventually drive healthcare prices through the roof! Then, were back to square one.....!
This is already happening. It never went away.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:32 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,970,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
This is already happening. It never went away.
A friends teenager broke his arm and went to the ER in AZ and all they did was splint it (stabalize) and send him away since he couldn't pay.

Took him months and his arm had to eventually be rebroken - and he will never have full use of it due to the abysmal health care.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:39 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,376,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
A friends teenager broke his arm and went to the ER in AZ and all they did was splint it (stabalize) and send him away since he couldn't pay.

Took him months and his arm had to eventually be rebroken - and he will never have full use of it due to the abysmal health care.
Your friend went to the wrong ER. I work in a hospital and we take care of patients all the time who don't have insurance. When they leave, they don't pay one red cent. Many are in there for weeks or even months, getting treatment.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,426,906 times
Obamacare was dead either way. Liberals do not understand numbers, only what makes them feel good. Giving insurance to everyone sounds good on paper, but you can't expect everyone else to pay for it. My insurance tripled compared to what I use to pay and the coverage sucks.

Put a tax on junk food and use it to pay for insurance for people that truly deserve it. The food Americans eat is the primary cause of all of these health issues. Why on earth is it not being taxed?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,335,349 times
My kids in college are on my policy. When Obamacare goes down, they will possibly lose their insurance coverage and be unable to replace it.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times
Quote:
Say Goodbye to Obamacare
Maybe...

It's a half step compromise that satisfies almost no one.

We need to go to single payer, but that's highly unlikely now.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:55 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,847,702 times
Adios
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies