Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:14 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
He seems to have no respect for the deeply corrupted Justice Department and FBI.
"He seems to have no respect for the deeply corrupted Justice Department and FBI"

Only if you get your "news" from the LSM.

A good slogan, "boots not suits".

In other words he DOES OPENLY support the "boots" on the ground.

I don't blame him for his criticisms of some of the leadership who are MOSTLY political appointees.

Many of the left on here think that those agencies are as pure as the driven snow.

They don't think the IRS under Bill Clinton and Obama EVER did anything wrong.

They are probably too young to remember any of the past stories about those agencies.

Hoover KEPT his position as head of the FBI because of the "dirt" he had on Wash, politicians.

The left were ALL over the CIA for its "bad intel" on WMD's in Iraq but, because Trump criticizes them he is "against" them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 08:31 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Quote:
I am always the first to admit when I am wrong, even though I maintain deep admiration for Maxine Waters and Reverend Wright.
There's medication for that...<bold>
The two of them are wonders of the modern world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"He seems to have no respect for the deeply corrupted Justice Department and FBI"

Only if you get your "news" from the LSM.
What is the LSM?

Quote:
"A good slogan, "boots not suits".

In other words he DOES OPENLY support the "boots" on the ground.

I don't blame him for his criticisms of some of the leadership who are MOSTLY political appointees.
You got that right.

Quote:
"Many of the left on here think that those agencies are as pure as the driven snow.
Especially on and in the days after June 17, 1972.

Quote:
"The left were ALL over the CIA for its "bad intel" on WMD's in Iraq but, because Trump criticizes them he is "against" them.
Even though I am a left-wing extremist, I think the CIA's intel on Iraq was just fine. Two reasons: 1) Hussein boasted of having WMD's, a move as bright as joking about having a machine gun at security at school or a bomb at an airport; and 2) the weapons were probably hidden in Syria, to be used by ISIS in more recent years.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Sorry if you posted this earlier but can you summarize the factor(s) that changed your mind about Hillary?
More about what's turned out to be Trump's positives:
  1. Called the President of Taiwan;
  2. Recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital;
  3. Decertified Iran's compliance with the JCPOA; and
  4. Pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accords.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:

What is the LSM?

You got that right.

Even though I am a left-wing extremist, I think the CIA's intel on Iraq was just fine. Two reasons: 1) Hussein boasted of having WMD's, a move as bright as joking about having a machine gun at security at school or a bomb at an airport; and 2) the weapons were probably hidden in Syria, to be used by ISIS in more recent years.
The CIA took what Saddam said with what little evidence they had as the truth. The CIA (hugely) failed to (rightly) predict what removing Saddam would do to the stability of the region with respect to Iran, who were totally scared to death of Saddam. That was a HUGE blunder...

Old 02-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The CIA took what Saddam said with what little evidence they had as the truth. The CIA (hugely) failed to (rightly) predict what removing Saddam would do to the stability of the region with respect to Iran, who were totally scared to death of Saddam. That was a HUGE blunder...
Good points. I still think we should have gone in but perhaps managed the succession the way we did back in the day, i.e. picking a successor, covertly or otherwise. I don't think that Japan practically had unlimited freedom to pick their next leader after Tojo.

What we did was turn the succession into a game of "52 pickup" by having them hold elections. Countries with no civil societies are no place for elections.

And I'll admit that I would not have said that about elections at the time, circa 2003-4.

Last edited by jbgusa; 02-06-2018 at 11:36 AM..

Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

What is the LSM?

You got that right.

"What is the LSM?"

If you don't know by now why do you even to bother to post?

I thought all lefties were highly educated and super smart.

I guess not.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:15 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
"What is the LSM?"

If you don't know by now why do you even to bother to post?

I thought all lefties were highly educated and super smart.

I guess not.
No need to be insulting, especially to a poster who is big enough to come back, a full year-plus after his original post, and admit to reassessing his views about the President based on his actual job performance. Personally, my respect for the OP has taken a climb upwards.

LSM = Lame Stream Media (a play on the term Main Stream Media).

Old 02-06-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
No need to be insulting, especially to a poster who is big enough to come back, a full year-plus after his original post, and admit to reassessing his views about the President based on his actual job performance. Personally, my respect for the OP has taken a climb upwards.

LSM = Lame Stream Media (a play on the term Main Stream Media).
Thanks. I tried to rep you but I couldn't. I have many faults, including an IQ of 79 but I can and do admit when I am wrong. As far as "LSM" goes I don't live on the boards so I appreciate the translation. Compared to how the Times was in the late 60's and early 70's it is lame so it's an apt term.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:

People are more focused on meeting the next month’s mortgage payment, property tax bill or rent bill than on abstract concerns such as global warming, or bringing Iran back into the international community. The duty to welcome the stranger must be subordinate to or at most equal to charity to our own needy and middle class.

There is nothing I admire or respect about Trump. But we are a voting republic and the message of voters with whom we rarely interact must be heard loud and clear.
I was wrong about one thing; there is plenty to admire about Trump, other than his Tweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies