Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 06:20 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Using birth control *is* being responsible though. It's how they avoid having kids that would cost real $$$.
I'm fine with birth control, but why should I be buying YOUR birth control.

I'll reiterate, if someone has a child, IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. THEY MUST INCUR THE COSTS.

If they can't, then they go to FAMILY NOT GOVERNMENT. If Family is not there, try a local church. There is accountability within these institutions.

IT'S NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN..

OR your birth control.

God gave you a right hand.

Use it.

And if you don't, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE OR SOCIETY'S.

The government has no business financing your birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 06:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
They will probably start to reconsider when HOPEFULLY Trump starts slashing some the gravy train away. Why does the RESPONSIBLE, America tax pay have to continue to support MORONS who keep popping out kids they can't afford??

Where is self responsibility as adults? These people should suffer the consequences if they make stupid decisions just like everyone has to

Exactly. The institutions that are in place to assist with someone having a child is the family unit and/or the church/ volunteer community support groups.

NOT the TAXPAYERS.

The best way to curb behavior is make the issue the person's problem.

If someone has a child, THEY are responsible for him/her not me.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 PM

447 posts, read 322,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
With the repeal of Obamacare, which provides birth control, and the defunding of Planned Parenthood, which provides birth control to low-income families, we can expect the birth rate of the poor to go up.

Note: Obamacare is a disaster and I never thought it should include payments for birth control, but I'm just noting that with these two things, there's probably going to be a birth increase among the poor.

This might hasten the growth of minorities in the country, making whites the minority sooner than expected. Ironic, isn't it?
Birth control is not that expensive I guess.

As for the last sentence do you mean that minorities are the poor people?

Well, I saw an Indian dad in the playground and I had a joke with him, 'let me guess your job, IT or Doctor?' and he laughed, 'yes, I am Doctor and my wife IT.'.

And 20% of my community are Indian families working in IT or medical industry.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:44 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
True, but what about when they break or slip off? Then what? They will then need the emergency birth control pill.

Grasping at straws here, aren't you? What do you think the odds of that happening is to it not happening. I'd say pretty slim.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

I'll reiterate, if someone has a child, IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. THEY MUST INCUR THE COSTS.

If they can't, then they go to FAMILY NOT GOVERNMENT. If Family is not there, try a local church. There is accountability within these institutions.

OR your birth control.

Use it.

I pretty much agree with you.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
They will probably start to reconsider when HOPEFULLY Trump starts slashing some the gravy train away. Why does the RESPONSIBLE, America tax pay have to continue to support MORONS who keep popping out kids they can't afford??

Where is self responsibility as adults? These people should suffer the consequences if they make stupid decisions just like everyone has to

Agreed.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:57 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Grasping at straws here, aren't you? What do you think the odds of that happening is to it not happening. I'd say pretty slim.
18 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ve-are-condoms

Old 11-10-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
18 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ve-are-condoms
i

Oh, that figures this is from Planned Parenthood.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
My concern isn't and never will be "free birth control" since I grew up in a time when it wasn't and managed to stay pregnancy free until I decided otherwise. Sure, it's a nice perk if we can afford to be generous, but it DOES make people lazy and entitled so I'm not sure it's a net positive.

Maybe it's time rethink the sexual free for all? I'm just saying.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:58 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

OR your birth control.

Use it.

I wouldn't go to a church for crap. Should atheists, Jews, Muslims, or agnostics be subjected to the proselytizing that should undoubtably occur if they went to a church for help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies